• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,770 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

There's only one Modern Champions series and it doesn't have a 2nd print or any significance for that matter.

The only modern Champions 14 I know of had a second print: Champions 14 2nd print, look above the UPC

I just hadn't seen the price change much in the past two months. Several copies sold recently and I didn't see any available; is that why you thought it didn't exist?

5 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I mentioned the lack of DD #26 Cover A on eBay last week. None really left at cover price, and it looks like some have been selling for around $20. Just an FYI if your LCS has copies when you make your trip this week.

Link

What would be driving Cover A?  I picked it up during the week of release, but not because it appeared to be any better than the others. 

Patrick

5 hours ago, littledoom said:

What would Daredevil 323 be worth if it came out today? $20-30+ 

sad it typically isn't worth more than a $1

Not that much with a 400,000 copy print run or whatever the heck 323 had ... it was part 4 of a story arc that was incredibly hot at the time,,,some people missed the boat on part 1, but by part 4 shops had loaded up bigly. heck, new avengers 35 is usually under $5.

1 hour ago, PeterPark said:

My money is on 319.

319 was worth something way back when. It occasionally gets a few bucks now, seemingly randomly.. only comix4less could get $16.50 on a book that usually sells for $3-$5: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daredevil-319-First-Print-Fall-From-Grace-Prologue-NM-Cond/143920849814?hash=item218259e396:g:tuEAAOSwnZxgBIly

27 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

What would be driving Cover A?  I picked it up during the week of release, but not because it appeared to be any better than the others. 

Patrick

No idea. I noticed last week that the supply of cover A on eBay was a fraction of B & C. Asked what was up, but nobody seemed to know why or cared. 

I checked again this weekend and Cover A was selling for $20 while the others just sit. 

I guess it’s possible that shops ordered more of the Elektra cover because of what’s happening in the book and nobody wants the Alien variant. That’s really the only thing I can think of. 

16 minutes ago, the blob said:

319 was worth something way back when. It occasionally gets a few bucks now, seemingly randomly.. only comix4less could get $16.50 on a book that usually sells for $3-$5: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daredevil-319-First-Print-Fall-From-Grace-Prologue-NM-Cond/143920849814?hash=item218259e396:g:tuEAAOSwnZxgBIly

390 the last issue is a good buy for $2-3

3 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

No idea. I noticed last week that the supply of cover A on eBay was a fraction of B & C. Asked what was up, but nobody seemed to know why or cared. 

I checked again this weekend and Cover A was selling for $20 while the others just sit. 

I guess it’s possible that shops ordered more of the Elektra cover because of what’s happening in the book and nobody wants the Alien variant. That’s really the only thing I can think of. 

Thanks for the background info. 

Patrick

10 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

People are going to be pissed when they realize that they didn't buy the first unofficial appearance of Harry Potter in a comic, but rather, considering that all of the other magicians in that pic are magicians from comics, and the detail of the wand, what they actually purchased was an unofficial (and not the first) appearance of Timothy Hunter from Books of Magic.

image.png.091167fcf4ecf6589e28251046a721cf.png

But....but.....but.......CBSI says it's Harry Potter : https://comicbookinvest.com/2021/02/01/harry-potter-the-electric-black-usagi-and-more/

The article must be true............LMAO !!

Edited by Second Blight

3 hours ago, Second Blight said:

But....but.....but.......CBSI says it's Harry Potter : https://comicbookinvest.com/2021/02/01/harry-potter-the-electric-black-usagi-and-more/

The article must be true............LMAO !!

Where does it say that?

Mystic 15 ( Sept , 2001 )

First comic appearance of Harry Potter?

So this one has blown up and caused a lot of controversy.  Is this Harry?  Is it Tim Hunter? Is is Tim Potter? It is hard to say but it helps that Rowling would go after those who used Harry’s image and she sent a cease and desist to Crossgen. The glasses and scarf look like Harry but the wand could be connected to Tim Hunter.

16 hours ago, PeterPark said:

The only modern Champions 14 I know of had a second print: Champions 14 2nd print, look above the UPC

I just hadn't seen the price change much in the past two months. Several copies sold recently and I didn't see any available; is that why you thought it didn't exist?

Thanks, my usual sources didn't have a 2nd print for 14 listed. Also, when I searched eBay I wasn't getting an sold results. Today I am. :makepoint:

But from the link above we can see why it's selling.

38 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Where does it say that?

So this one has blown up and caused a lot of controversy.  Is this Harry?  Is it Tim Hunter? Is is Tim Potter? It is hard to say but it helps that Rowling would go after those who used Harry’s image and she sent a cease and desist to Crossgen. The glasses and scarf look like Harry but the wand could be connected to Tim Hunter.

yeah im pretty sure its hunter because of the wand but hunter doesnt have a haircut like the one in mystic so its possible they made harry but changed the wand to avoid copyright 

46 minutes ago, silversurfer275 said:
1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Where does it say that?

yeah im pretty sure its hunter because of the wand but hunter doesnt have a haircut like the one in mystic so its possible they made harry but changed the wand to avoid copyright 

Luke Kirby - orphan, sent to live with uncle, first scene is a train station, discovers he can do magic and may be the most powerful magician of them all... published in 1988... in the UK.

https://2000ad.com/news/the-journal-of-luke-kirby-to-be-reprinted-for-the-first-time/

I thought the reason people gravitated towards Love is Love over the other appearances was that it was the first official appearance in a comic book as it was authorized.

Also, wasn't the Harry Potter character a rip off of a Sandman character?