• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

On 6/1/2021 at 5:31 PM, ygogolak said:

If your margins are that slim that you can't wait a couple days I would suggest building up some capital and leaving it alone. Just because you have some money it doesn't mean you have to spend it immediately.

I have cash in hand to cover my expenses, my savings, and my normal collectible spending budge. I save towards larger goals, but for me it’s more fun to find stuff organically. If someone offers me something out of the blue for, say, a couple thousand bucks, that may be beyond what I have immediately available for “fun money”. Sometimes buying opportunities have a short window, and with PayPal it was much easier to do some fast and loose horse trading. More fun, too.

As I said, it’s an inconvenience, and an adjustment, but not an impossible one. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be annoyed by eBay unnecessarily holding our money for days when PayPal could process it in seconds. If you guys are loving Managed payments, more power to you. I’m mildly annoyed by it. I think it’s a valid viewpoint.

8 hours ago, littledoom said:

I would buy both. When options news first hits, buyers quickly buy the very first issue without much consideration. some Stealth 1s sold. Pilot Season 1 has multiple preview apps of those characters. That’s already jumped in price 

Agreed, let me re-quote you hm:angel:

10 hours ago, littledoom said:

Interview is the story being adapted, it's not so much a first app that matters

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Harley Quinn 1 Hughes

I even looked up the legion issue of supergirl hughes, turns out it is still not cheap lol 

Unfortunately, I don't think it ever will. 

One of the few missing from my collection.  I will likely only get it by a luck in a collection, if ever. 

Patrick 

1 minute ago, followtheleader said:

Unfortunately, I don't think it ever will. 

One of the few missing from my collection.  I will likely only get it by a luck in a collection, if ever. 

Patrick 

Me too. I found a semi existent run at the store recently. That specific issue was missing however, I'd even settle for a low grade, if I found it on the cheap....

On 6/1/2021 at 1:12 PM, FlyingDonut said:

You're doing it wrong.

sure, i guess i should be slabbing hundreds of books and then i guess my cost is more like $25 a book. 

37 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I saw that yesterday when they announced it they Killed Jupiter's Legacy
and were producing Super Crooks.

wow, they apparently spent $200 million on season 1. ouch. i did not think it was as terrible as a lot of people and was kind of hoping for a season 2 once the way too dragged out origin story was finally over. i've seen far worse get a second season, but at $25 milion or so an episode, I understand why they gave up.