• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,841 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2021 at 4:36 PM, Catwomancomics said:

Sneaker covers. 
The Joke is on all of us. lol

:gossip:

Just wait until they do limited release sneakers with a comic only available together.  

On 9/10/2021 at 5:41 AM, Warlord said:

Y the Last Man #1 is getting more interest lately.  Also appears to be a modest uptick in all issues, but that's just moving them from dollar bin fodder to maybe $3-$10.  They might continue to pick up with the series premiering yet this month. 

Not that it has anything to do with the new YTLM streaming series, but the one that hasn't broken out that surprises me is #37, first DMZ.  It's been hotter in the past than of late.

9.8  of  #1 broke the $2000 mark last month - now a solid $1700 book

Loved the covers - some of the oils were amazing - tried to buy a couple - one went for over $30,000 many, many years back.

I dread to think what they fetch now.

My fave  #32:

large-5332459.jpg.245a96dfd9d5069db80bd5e9bda377d6.jpg

On 9/10/2021 at 2:07 PM, littledoom said:

I feel like Marvel Zombies could be it's own animated series/show .. best What If episode so far

With CGI the way it is now - why not live action?

Been a huge fan of the idea of a movie.

But again, just like so many other books that I knew would probably make a good show / movie....I haven't grabbed a heap. :facepalm:

On 9/15/2021 at 7:19 PM, Beige said:

9.8  of  #1 broke the $2000 mark last month - now a solid $1700 book

Loved the covers - some of the oils were amazing - tried to buy a couple - one went for over $30,000 many, many years back.

I dread to think what they fetch now.

My fave  #32:

large-5332459.jpg.245a96dfd9d5069db80bd5e9bda377d6.jpg

You have… excellent taste!

On 9/16/2021 at 1:12 PM, HighVoltage said:

You have… excellent taste!

I'm guessing you are the owner of the original art  (worship) :bigsmile:

On 9/15/2021 at 9:23 PM, Beige said:

I'm guessing you are the owner of the original art  (worship) :bigsmile:

I am not, but I do wish I were!

I had looked at some of the covers a long while back & like you - ran into that brick wall of pricing even back then (for what I wanted).

Some awesome covers in the series.

On 9/12/2021 at 10:46 PM, littledoom said:

I doubt anyone actually pays for those facsimile three digits sales.. A facsimile selling for even $5 let alone $10 baffles me.... does anyone actually pay for those multi thousand dollar Disney black diamond VHS tapes?

Check out the prices that facsimile 9.8s are going for. I sold an AF #15 CGC 9.8 for $200 CDN this past weekend in Calgary, and had a number of people considering my 9.8 FF #1 and X-Men #1 at $200 CDN as well. They are starting to sell for $120-$160 USD online now as well. 

On 9/16/2021 at 2:41 PM, Wolverinex said:

How is the what's not App?

Good question! I like the 1 minute auction format and I appreciate, as a buyer, how shipping is calculated (automatically by the app). Some of the sellers I find to be very entertaining and there's a budding community there. However you have to trust the grading of the seller since there's no time and no high quality photos/scans/images that you get to look at. It's also an environment that loves to hype things up while inviting you into a million giveaways and mystery boxes. I find it as an enjoyable way to kill time while noticing what some speculators are up to. I don't follow most spec stuff elsewhere so it gives me a bit more insight into why some random books I'm looking for jump in price. If you like instagram live sales and have a few sellers you trust, then I feel like you'd be into the app. I'm fine buying (super) small dollar books on the app and would consider buying a slab from a dealer I already trusted. But I'll keep my key buying restricted to only on the boards, at my lcs, or at conventions where I can (sometimes) review the book for a longer period of time.