• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,801 posts in this topic

Prices on slabbed Marvel Facsimile books like AF 15, X-Men 1, FF 1, IH 1, IH 181, etc. are jumping across the board right now. I was beginning to worry that I may have wasted my time straight subbing a handful of each last year, especially the 9.6s lol 

Edited by kimik

On 9/29/2021 at 3:23 AM, kimik said:

Prices on slabbed Marvel Facsimile books like AF 15, X-Men 1, FF 1, IH 1, IH 181, etc. are jumping across the board right now. I was beginning to worry that I may have wasted my time straight subbing a handful of each last year, especially the 9.6s lol 

That’s odd, I wonder why they’re getting hot? 

On 9/29/2021 at 4:54 PM, BrooksR said:

That’s odd, I wonder why they’re getting hot? 

No clue, but I am going to see how my 9.8s do now. I sold an AF 15 Facsimile 9.8 for $200 CDN a couple of weeks ago at the Calgary Expo, which appears to have been too low now........

On 9/30/2021 at 12:32 AM, kimik said:

No clue, but I am going to see how my 9.8s do now. I sold an AF 15 Facsimile 9.8 for $200 CDN a couple of weeks ago at the Calgary Expo, which appears to have been too low now........

The train is pulling in to crazytown station lol

On 10/1/2021 at 9:41 PM, Wolverinex said:

What the heck is going on with ASM 611 2nd print variant?  I was planning on buying a copy a few weeks ago but forgot.  For some reason they went insane this week and now raws go over 100?

I am in the same boat...I recently did an ebay search for half an hour or so but didn't find anything too great and heard that now they are selling for much more...

On 10/1/2021 at 9:27 PM, PeterPark said:
On 10/1/2021 at 8:41 PM, Wolverinex said:

What the heck is going on with ASM 611 2nd print variant?  I was planning on buying a copy a few weeks ago but forgot.  For some reason they went insane this week and now raws go over 100?

I am in the same boat...I recently did an ebay search for half an hour or so but didn't find anything too great and heard that now they are selling for much more...

Is it only the 2nd print? Due to pouches 1992 reference?

I own 1st print but I guess that doesn't cut it lol?

On 10/1/2021 at 10:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is it only the 2nd print? Due to pouches 1992 reference?

I own 1st print but I guess that doesn't cut it lol?

Do people want this just because of the cover? Nothing going on of major note in the story? It's funny, I've been collecting since the mid-late '80s (before Wizard), and there were books of note of importance that commanded a premium when I started, because people wanted them. And then Wizard came along, and they would say "Oooh, look at this!' and people would want what they're pointing at, because if they were pointing, it must be HOT! But unless there was legitimate interest, the heat didn't last. With the internet, it's like Wizard on crack, where a lot of people are yelling "LOOK AT THIS" and it can spread quickly, so books heat up, and then they fizzle out, because there are other books to sell.

If the book doesn't contain something of lasting interest, then wait, if it's hot now. You'll find one.

On 10/1/2021 at 10:42 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Do people want this just because of the cover? Nothing going on of major note in the story? It's funny, I've been collecting since the mid-late '80s (before Wizard), and there were books of note of importance that commanded a premium when I started, because people wanted them. And then Wizard came along, and they would say "Oooh, look at this!' and people would want what they're pointing at, because if they were pointing, it must be HOT! But unless there was legitimate interest, the heat didn't last. With the internet, it's like Wizard on crack, where a lot of people are yelling "LOOK AT THIS" and it can spread quickly, so books heat up, and then they fizzle out, because there are other books to sell.

If the book doesn't contain something of lasting interest, then wait, if it's hot now. You'll find one.

Oh I own a 1st print 9.8, but that said, it looks as though now that I'd make my money back lol

I remember when it hit shelves, that was (I think) the 1st I had seen a skottie young cover (thumbsu

I even remember seeing the 2nd print and chuckling. I'm just a little torn to let go, but it's a timing thing as well :cry:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/1/2021 at 9:42 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

611 was hot pretty much the day it came out. It definitely hid for awhile though. 

It was released during the long Deadpool craze.  On top of coming out shortly after the hot previous ASM issues (like those Campbell black cat covers), so there were a ton of eyes on the book.  

But to supplement your point, it has no real relevance.

Patrick