• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2021 at 12:19 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

I feel like this cover has been hot for a while though, no? Maybe not $100 raw hot, but definitely $50 hot...

Okay, but if there's a sudden spike in price and sales, someone might be pushing it right now. Typically previously hot books that have since fizzled do retain some of the heat compared to another book that was never hot, but they settle lower than when they were hot. Just speaking in general terms. It's not (it seems) like this issue has a first appearance of a character that insiders know is going to be appearing on film, and it's going to explode when that's revealed, right?

On 10/2/2021 at 6:17 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Okay, but if there's a sudden spike in price and sales, someone might be pushing it right now. Typically previously hot books that have since fizzled do retain some of the heat compared to another book that was never hot, but they settle lower than when they were hot. Just speaking in general terms. It's not (it seems) like this issue has a first appearance of a character that insiders know is going to be appearing on film, and it's going to explode when that's revealed, right?

CBSI is pushing it

On 10/1/2021 at 10:48 PM, followtheleader said:

611 was hot pretty much the day it came out. It definitely hid for awhile though. 

It was released during the long Deadpool craze.  On top of coming out shortly after the hot previous ASM issues (like those Campbell black cat covers), so there were a ton of eyes on the book.  

But to supplement your point, it has no real relevance.

Patrick

Again spec site pushing it I've sold at least a dozen copies last couple of years. They don't have data to support a suge it's just a good selling book consistently.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 6/27/2021 at 12:42 AM, kimik said:

Nice. I liked that color combo the best and figured it would do well long term. It is surprising to see it selling for more in 9.8 than the first print. 

Another similar color combo as the third print of ASM 55. Gleason's virgin ASM 75 on sale now...I'm sure it will be heating up on ebay shortly: amazing spider-man 75 gleason | eBay

amazing-spider-man-75-ben-reilly-web-head-virgin-exclusive-raw.jpg

Edited by CHASEnBLUE
Added link.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:38 PM, kimik said:

So what are the thoughts here re: Hulk 1 and Venom 1 on FOC this weekend? 

Im gonna pick up a couple Hulk #1's. Not sure which covers yet. With Cates writing, Im sure there will be some sparks early at least. I went to the Cates event here in Dallas. He couldn't say what was going to happen, but said he has some major things planned for Hulk. His comment was that most fans are gonna be angry after reading each issue (not sure what that means exactly).

On 10/3/2021 at 1:27 PM, kimik said:

Angry as in Cates talks a great game but delivers another mediocre story that I wasted $3.99 on?

Haha, I don't think he has to say that. It will happen anyway.

Seriously though, he meant that he is going to shake things up. I get the feeling he wants fans to go into a rage and turn green when reading his Hulk issues. He said it will be a good thing though. He didn't give any specifics about what he is going to do. He likes to be vague.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:38 PM, kimik said:

So what are the thoughts here re: Hulk 1 and Venom 1 on FOC this weekend? 

Maybe it's too obvious, but I grabbed a couple of the Momoko covers. I actually really like the Momoko Hulk cover, I felt like it has the potential to be one of those classic covers:

658182521_momokohulk.thumb.jpg.ee1c74a9dd6b06d10dcd1ce8a286e89d.jpg

On 10/4/2021 at 2:40 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Maybe it's too obvious, but I grabbed a couple of the Momoko covers. I actually really like the Momoko Hulk cover, I felt like it has the potential to be one of those classic covers:

658182521_momokohulk.thumb.jpg.ee1c74a9dd6b06d10dcd1ce8a286e89d.jpg

Generally speaking a classic cover sells itself.   This one looks like the artist came off binge reading all 79 issues of Sandman, and a bottle of vermouth.   Still cool cover mind you (thumbsu

On 10/3/2021 at 10:15 PM, Microchip said:

Generally speaking a classic cover sells itself.   This one looks like the artist came off binge reading all 79 issues of Sandman, and a bottle of vermouth.   Still cool cover mind you (thumbsu

Time to state that Momoko isn't a good artist.

At least she isn't Liefeld bad

On 10/3/2021 at 10:36 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Time to state that Momoko isn't a good artist.

At least she isn't Liefeld bad

Hopefully Marvel cancelled payment on this before it was too late. The Hulk cover looks like a masterpiece compared to it:

BF952739-5A6A-4CAC-A49A-2FB76A35B7B2.webp.fd2e335b8307f5dcf9a476a5cfd81f61.webp

Edited by kimik