• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Of course we would have a thread. Various ages get hot for different reasons and this is the modern section of the forum. Moderns are more volatile since each new title could be but in the end likely isn't.

You are also condensing an entire age of comics down to new releases or so it seems. This is why it may seem they get hot for a short period of time.

Add the fact that all you need are a few speculators, a couple comic store owners pushing agendas and a general belief that any #1 has the potential to be the next big thing and poof. This is why you might see some comments suggesting the train is gaining speed and heading for the cliff.

I understand your excitement with new titles. I get excited but some myself. If you want to be the quickest flipper for new releases then be my guest. (thumbs u

Nonplayer 1 still seems to be selling pretty well ($15.00 to 25.00). This is even with the very long delay for the 2nd issue which still has not come out due to the artist recovering from an accident

The comic is just a few extra months late b/c of the car wreck (its supposed to be out 13 months after the 1st issue), in an interview Simpson indicates that he hopes to release it then and admits that the 2nd issue would have took him about 8 months had he not been injured. I just can't bring myself to follow a title that takes 8 months between issues.

Now how much of that is due to movie deal? I mean a movie deal that soon and a huge delay in the next issue has me wondering if the producers are calling the shots and nothing gets done until movie is finished.

Just a thought.

Welcome to comics. :gossip:

you forget, I used to wholesale/retail in the 90s when I was in middle school and high school ... I have so many worthless image and valiant titles that I could wallpaper every house in a small town :facepalm:

those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it

hmhttp://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5287666&fpart=1

So, a few weeks ago Larry (insert boo and or hiss), said to pick up The Red Ten.

It is limited to only 150 copies.

I followed his advice and was able to secure two 1st Prints directly from the publisher, ComixTribe.

On a whim this morning, I checked back to see if they were still available and was surprised to see that they are now on their 3rd print.

Did anyone else pick it up?

yep...i just click on the last post from the main menu, then click on the < to go to the previous page and read backwards....right now i'm on page 99 of 96.

i read magazines from right to left also so doesn't slow me down.

Edited by krighton

200 for BW is confirmed. Was confirmed by the promoter (a good friend of mine) and the number was 200 or less. No more made. Period.

Jebus. Walking Dead 19 CGC 9.8 went for $455 last night.

Congrats Branget!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260968191971?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Yeah that's a healthy price for sure congrats branget. So is the signed 9.8 that's for sale at 405 a bargain now?

That was a nice surprise. There were a few nice surprises in my auctions last night. Now waiting to see if I get paid. lol

Nonplayer 1 still seems to be selling pretty well ($15.00 to 25.00). This is even with the very long delay for the 2nd issue which still has not come out due to the artist recovering from an accident

The comic is just a few extra months late b/c of the bike wreck (its supposed to be out 13 months after the 1st issue), in an interview Simpson indicates that he hopes to release it then and admits that the 2nd issue would have took him about 8 months had he not been injured. I just can't bring myself to follow a title that takes 8 months between issues.

Fixed that for you. Nate was in a biking accident, he broke his collar bone in three places.