• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

blah, winning bidder thought he got the original 2003 TWD #1 for $81.00

unbelieveable.

offered to refund him $10 and a free comic for the confusion

doh!:tonofbricks: Damned noobs to comics! You're a good man to offer a discount on final price.

well it was an attempt to keep from having to relist it and fight with him to agree to cancel the auction so that i could get my seller's fee back. Guess we'll see what happens.

i did put reprint in my WD weekly 19 auction....i figured if i put reprint in the title THEN they would think that what i was selling was a 2nd printing of a reprint.

Edited by krighton

I watched that ebay sale all weekend and noticed it was right on 150 till sunday !

and I thought beachbum was realy smart in his pricing on the forums !

But now I have no Idea how he prices his books ???

:whee:

WD 19

WD 1

i basically copied most everyone else's Weekly #1 title....when i said 1st printing i was thinking it was a 1st printing of the Weekly...for some reason it blinds potential bidders and makes them think that it's an original 2003 WD #1.

Edited by krighton

I

Risk vs reward

Yeah, I make sure I write clearly that I'm selling the reprints in the description, so there are no problems.

I literally sold all of the WD books I had listed today. It seems the buzz is higher than ever. I'm glad I bought 20 copies of the Image Firsts Reprint last week for cover price.

A 9.8 SS of Walking Dead #19 just sold for $999.

That's crazy, right?

I saw that. I'm sure JJ doesn't think it's crazy.

Believe it or not, before next season hits, I believe a BLUE label 9.8 will go for a $900-$1k It will happen....... This property is so fekking hot, I am just in awe of prices being realized.

And right at that moment you should have the exact same tingling sensation you got when you sold a Magnus #12 for $200 in 1993. lol

Reminds me of me. :shy:

A 9.8 SS of Walking Dead #19 just sold for $999.

That's crazy, right?

I saw that. I'm sure JJ doesn't think it's crazy.

Believe it or not, before next season hits, I believe a BLUE label 9.8 will go for a $900-$1k It will happen....... This property is so fekking hot, I am just in awe of prices being realized.

And right at that moment you should have the exact same tingling sensation you got when you sold a Magnus #12 for $200 in 1993. lol

It is that kind of analysis that has me thinking about selling my multi-signed 19 and 27. I don't want to, but I feel like a bad capitalist if I don't.

...and yes, you should be selling this week or next. (thumbs u

Sold my #3 9.6 Dual Sig SS for $450 + shipping on the bay.

Then got an offer to sell my #1 9.6 SS signed by Moore and my #2 9.4 SS signed by Moore for $1550 shipped off the bay. Zero feedback eBay who wants them badly. He struggled to get his account verified through PayPal correctly. I pretty much walked him through this and got him in contact with someone at PayPal directly to speed up the process.

He tried to pay me by ETF before verifying and it let it go through before being reversed within an hour (you shouldn't be able to send a payment until you are verified over a certain amount), then he mistakenly sent a eCheck once verified which I refunded right away since he doesn't want to wait a week for it to clear. Finally the payment by credit card technically went through but PayPal flagged it and made me wait 24 hours before confirming I could ship since it looked odd that this person tried to pay me the same amount 3 different ways.

:)

My buyer is out of Austin, TX and my only concern now is I really hate the fact that PayPal Seller Protection isn't 100% if someone tries to do a Credit Card chargeback after the fact.

I would make sure that its going to a confirmed address. Paypal won't cover you if it doesn't.

Oh yeah it is a confirmed address. How do I know that, I practically confirmed it for him.

lol

I really held his hand through the entire process of getting this done as quickly as possible with verifying the account, verifying a bank account, verifying an address, then sending in proper ID via email attachments and finally getting them to open up for him to send a payment. This is why I am only worried about a CC chargeback. Everything on the PP end is good to go and I am shipping insured with signature confirmation.

Also the really nice thing is the entire time we have been working out a deal through email it was through his corporate email account and I was able to confirm that he is who he is working for the major company the email account is from and linked his confirmed mailing addy to who he is based on public records of him owning the property. :)

You might say I have a natural distrust of eBayer's with zero feedback.