• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

when did first apps change to previews, letter sections, etc?

when did Mr Ween join the boards?

Someone else claimed first appearances of both invincible and Superior Spider-Man were in preview books, not me dude. I simply agreed with them because both are actually the first known appearance of the character in a publication. I still have heard no convincing argument from you that disputes this.

I'm all for talking about moderns heating up as long as they no longer include Spider-Man comics. I've think we have beaten that to death.

can we talk about the death of Superior Spider-Man because that should be in the not too distant future?

when did first apps change to previews, letter sections, etc?

when did Mr Ween join the boards?

Someone else claimed first appearances of both invincible and Superior Spider-Man were in preview books, not me dude. I simply agreed with them because both are actually the first known appearance of the character in a publication. I still have heard no convincing argument from you that disputes this.

I feel like the term Jerry's Kids applies to this.

Peter Panzerfaust #2 appears to be a $25-ish comic at the moment. hm

Daredevil #21 is still super hot!

Batgirl #13 is still going strong

Amazing Spider-Man #25 vol 2 gem cover is getting $10. I'm not sure why however.

:ohnoez:

And if you follow the link in my tagline you will find more comics trending... Not to mention Coins, Video Games, Magic the Gathering and Sports Cards. It was a good deal of work to implement those features so you better go!! :baiting:

thanks for the awesome site whetteon!

Is the video game section going to be broken down by systems or will it just be a free for all?

I have the video game section broken down by platform. So it's Atari, Nintendo, Microsoft X-Box, Playstation and PC games. Would it be easier to break them down by individual system? hm

Amazing Spider-Man #25 vol 2 gem cover is getting $10. I'm not sure why however.

And if you follow the link in my tagline you will find more comics trending... Not to mention Coins, Video Games, Magic the Gathering and Sports Cards. It was a good deal of work to implement those features so you better go!! :baiting:

When you have time why dont you post similiar information in the Bronze and Copper sections as well. They now both have a similiar thread to this one. Should get your website more exposure.

Thanks Fastballspecial. I will look into that. :grin:

i choose option #2

But this came 1st

prev.jpg

and if this counts then ALL your 1st appearances need changing.

1st appearance of Deadpool?

Diamond Previews #37 etc etc etc

What Previews is this? Is this the Diamond Previews?

i choose option #2

But this came 1st

prev.jpg

and if this counts then ALL your 1st appearances need changing.

1st appearance of Deadpool?

Diamond Previews #37 etc etc etc

What Previews is this? Is this the Diamond Previews?

Sold in lcs, released by Marvel.

1st Appearance in a published comic book is what counts right? Not a published solicitation/advertising magazine.

Not to beat a dead horse but that's the argument. I still say if the character is shown in a publication, especially if that character is named then it's a first appearance.

thanks for the awesome site whetteon!

Is the video game section going to be broken down by systems or will it just be a free for all?

I have the video game section broken down by platform. So it's Atari, Nintendo, Microsoft X-Box, Playstation and PC games. Would it be easier to break them down by individual system? hm

it's fixed now. thanks for breaking them down. i love it!

I continue to be gobsmacked by how the ASM #700 Midtown Incentive is doing on ebay. Even discounting the highest of the ending prices (due to bidding wars, etc), it looks like run-of-the-mill copies are beginning to break the $150 mark with no signs of letting up. Wish I'd been more on the ball on this one!

Just wait until its "Twin" cover comes out next week!!!

Seriously. It will be crazy. I'm going to stop in at Midtown on Wednesday... might need to wear body armor. :eek:

I demand pics of Midtown on Weds. This has to happen ;)

Some photos of Midtown Comics today. (These are from my cell phone... sorry about the blur.)

sharks_zps7b3ffedc.jpg

feedingfrenzy_zps78d046ec.jpg

blood_zps09adfb50.jpg

piranha-3d_zps8a1f8f4b.jpg

I continue to be gobsmacked by how the ASM #700 Midtown Incentive is doing on ebay. Even discounting the highest of the ending prices (due to bidding wars, etc), it looks like run-of-the-mill copies are beginning to break the $150 mark with no signs of letting up. Wish I'd been more on the ball on this one!

Just wait until its "Twin" cover comes out next week!!!

Seriously. It will be crazy. I'm going to stop in at Midtown on Wednesday... might need to wear body armor. :eek:

I demand pics of Midtown on Weds. This has to happen ;)

Some photos of Midtown Comics today. (These are from my cell phone... sorry about the blur.)

sharks_zps7b3ffedc.jpg

feedingfrenzy_zps78d046ec.jpg

blood_zps09adfb50.jpg

piranha-3d_zps8a1f8f4b.jpg

lol!!!

how was their stackage of WD106 and Star Wars?

They were well stocked on star wars. The blank variant and midtown variant of superior spidey sold out at times sq. midtown variant is also sold out at downtown location, not sure about grand central, though.

Prices for superior midtown variant aren't as high as I thought they'd be on the bay. Can't tell if it's cooling or heating or what. Maybe too early? But I swear everyone and their mother has a copy of the midtown variant on eBay.

Edited by Manifesto

I'll stick to ordering online and taking my chances (I do visit my :censored: LCS to check things out and possibly :wishluck: pick up something special - in their defense I have pulled some 9.8's out of there, but I've seen some improper handling that makes me kringe).