• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I was thinking about this earlier today and maybe someone can help me.

What issue was The Walking Dead on when it got picked up by AMC? And what issue was it on when the show actually aired? I have only been reading comics casually since the end of last summer and I have only started speculating since the beginning of this month.

There is a lot of hype for issues that are less than a year old (Mind MGMT, Revival, Peter Panzerfaust, Thief of Thieves), but they still seem so new. And then you see The Sixth Gun that gets picked up in the late #20s.

So, when and where did Great Pacific have hype?

2nd Tuesday of November from about 10am -11am. Once it was read the heat turned to a simmer. :roflmao:

The book came out on the coat tails of Saga and PP and it was a "oh this is the next big thing because Massive hasn't heated up yet."

I heard that numerous times off the boards and even Larrys weekly e-mail was suggesting to pick it up.

So somewhere in never never land and in Larry's.

So never. Got ya

What issue was The Walking Dead on when it got picked up by AMC? And what issue was it on when the show actually aired? I have only been reading comics casually since the end of last summer and I have only started speculating since the beginning of this month.

There is a lot of hype for issues that are less than a year old (Mind MGMT, Revival, Peter Panzerfaust, Thief of Thieves), but they still seem so new. And then you see The Sixth Gun that gets picked up in the late #20s.

What's your hypothesis here?

What's your hypothesis here?

My hypothesis was I got tired of typing. But I was just wondering about TWD info before really making anything.

I looked it up... TWD #78 came out in October 2010, and the show aired that same month. I don't know what issue was out when AMC picked up the series, but would guess just after the first 48.

I looked it up... TWD #78 came out in October 2010, and the show aired that same month. I don't know what issue was out when AMC picked up the series, but would guess just after the first 48.

Thank you Ryan. I found the #78 after I asked the question. And the pilot was ordered January 2010. So they are years into the series. All these new moderns are great, but it seems like shows don't really start until far into the series. Which is great for the readers. But now I'm going to spend hours in the store flipping through everything that I usually look past.

using TWD as a measuring stick is misleading. The popularity of the comic/show coincided with a cultural rise of interest in zombies. The book and show are a great product, but I think they caught lighting in a bottle the way that the once-in-a-generation cultural icons do; Star Wars, TMNT, Star Trek are a few. I'm not saying it can't happen again - there are a lot great books out and I'd love to see some of these creator owned books get big. I know other boardies feel the same way.

That being said, NBC programming is currently terrible, so if TSG is done well, it could be a hit for them.

2c

Which makes me think people who are investing in moderns for long term value have it completely wrong. The chances of another TWD are almost 0. Flip what is hot at the moment. Stock what is your favorite.

not sure many are doing it long term

Edited by krighton

Which makes me think people who are investing in moderns for long term value have it completely wrong. The chances of another TWD are almost 0. Flip what is hot at the moment. Stock what is your favorite.

not sure many are doing it long term

+1

At least on this board.