• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

What are you guys moaning about - try being here!

half a dozen cruddy store with no $1 bins in a City of 6,000,000 people.

Comics are $5+ at cover because of dumbazz taxes so we HAVE to pre-order, or there is no option other than ebay.

Revival,Bedlam,Peter Panzerfaust and now Uber are books that I thought would/will do well - so I (and James etc) have to pre-order or it $30 an issue within days.

Andy, just curious about why you didn't try Helheim? This was my first big pick of the year, felt Bunn is hot right now. Who knows on the future.

Comics are $5+ at cover because of dumbazz taxes so we HAVE to pre-order, or there is no option other than ebay.

Revival,Bedlam,Peter Panzerfaust and now Uber are books that I thought would/will do well - so I (and James etc) have to pre-order or it $30 an issue within days.

I don't find comic prices is Aus too bad, a $2.99 US book is $4.50 where I shop. But I have a pull list with the shop, so I have no problems with getting 5 copies of Revival every month, an the other 2 copies of other Image and Dark Horse titles I get.

If I want 10 copies of a #1 I order online.

But there isn't really that many LCS in Aus, and if you don't live in a Capital city then your only choice to get new titles is ebay.

The lack of quality LCS is the problem in Australia. Only really two decent ones in Sydney, I have a pull list with one of them. Usually just pull two of an issue I'm really keen on and then get more preordered online from TFAW...

I don't find comic prices is Aus too bad, a $2.99 US book is $4.50 where I shop. But I have a pull list with the shop, so I have no problems with getting 5 copies of Revival every month, an the other 2 copies of other Image and Dark Horse titles I get.

But there isn't really that many LCS in Aus, and if you don't live in a Capital city then your only choice to get new titles is ebay.

The lack of quality LCS is the problem in Australia. Only really two decent ones in Sydney, I have a pull list with one of them. Usually just pull two of an issue I'm really keen on and then get more preordered online from TFAW...

That sucks mang! My mother is Australian, and I'm a dual citizen. I wish we could have a better relationship with u guys as far as the new comics go. Comics are an American sport so to speak but, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. We and the Aussies should have better connects...sucks that our postal units are so far apart as far as $$$$.

That sucks mang! My mother is Australian, and I'm a dual citizen. I wish we could have a better relationship with u guys as far as the new comics go. Comics are an American sport so to speak but, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. We and the Aussies should have better connects...sucks that our postal units are so far apart as far as $$$$.

Maybe someone could open a print shop there and secure agreements with the publishers to be their printer/distributor. You could then have all layouts sent over via web and then print. You could probably from the sounds of it get grocery stores to carry merchandise as well. So few comic shops is probably due to cost prohibitive reasons I'm guessing.

If this was the Moderns that SHOULD be heating up on ebay thread, then I would say that the new GotG 0.1 that was released a couple weeks ago should be exploding. It was stocked heavily at all stores I have been to, but on story alone it is just so good. I might even pick up a few more because it is that good and might become fire even considering the print run. Nuff Said!

Why isn't there a Moderns that SHOULD be heating up thread?

If this was the Moderns that SHOULD be heating up on ebay thread, then I would say that the new GotG 0.1 that was released a couple weeks ago should be exploding. It was stocked heavily at all stores I have been to, but on story alone it is just so good. I might even pick up a few more because it is that good and might become fire even considering the print run. Nuff Said!

Why isn't there a Moderns that SHOULD be heating up thread?

There is. :gossip:

Edited by prodigy44

select issues of the 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy series still going up...1, 2, the variant for issue 8, 24 and 25.

23 has a deadpool variant

25 has a ironman variant

24 doesnt have a variant

I was talking about the variant for issue 8 which has Thanos.

and the regular issues of 24 and 25.

The variant for 25 has iron man on it and can be acquired for 3 or 4 dollars. The regular cover has Thanos and sells for $25+

Andy, just curious about why you didn't try Helheim? This was my first big pick of the year, felt Bunn is hot right now. Who knows on the future.

I grabbed a couple from Midtown,literally just a couple.

They haven't arrived and my LCS don't have them - so I haven't read it yet.

Hence my lack of comments really.

Should be here soon hopefully.

select issues of the 2008 Guardians of the Galaxy series still going up...1, 2, the variant for issue 8, 24 and 25.

23 has a deadpool variant

25 has a ironman variant

24 doesnt have a variant

I've seen the deadpool go for 17-20 in the past.

Well it finally happened to me. My LCS that I spend roughly $200 a week at took half my stack ($40-50 in new stuff, $100-150 in back issues, and a few random things for my desk at work or a Walking Dead ice cube tray).

It is the most disorganized store I've ever been to. I dug around for 2-3 hours.

I came up with several Saga #1 1st prints, 2nd prints and the rest 1st prints, The Sixth Gun full run, several Revival full runs. But then they took Daredevil #21, Nowhere Men #2, and the full Chew run 1st print and told me they weren't priced properly. They were on the shelf. They weren't bag and boarded. So now I need a new store.

Well it finally happened to me. My LCS that I spend roughly $200 a week at took half my stack ($40-50 in new stuff, $100-150 in back issues, and a few random things for my desk at work or a Walking Dead ice cube tray).

It is the most disorganized store I've ever been to. I dug around for 2-3 hours.

I came up with several Saga #1 1st prints, 2nd prints and the rest 1st prints, The Sixth Gun full run, several Revival full runs. But then they took Daredevil #21, Nowhere Men #2, and the full Chew run 1st print and told me they weren't priced properly. They were on the shelf. They weren't bag and boarded. So now I need a new store.

wait what?!?!