• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

So let me get this straight...

Tommy Voltage comes onto a message board and tells whoever reads it that this particular shop is awful in essence.

Larry, who is a retailer and I would think defends other retailers as he should basically calls out this poster and says he will share those statements with that LCS, who this just in runs a business with employees and people that count on employment, but Tommy did nothing wrong?

To think anyone would agree with Tommy Voltage's statement and not think there would be repercussions is laughable.

Remember, Larry is going to be around much much longer then many of you.

It's a good idea to think about who you are knocking before you post. People like Larry, Eric Stephenson etc have done a lot more good for comics then the majority of people bashing. We are lucky to have them as part of our community.

But what do I know...

Damn noobs. :applause:

Tommy Voltage comes onto a message board and tells whoever reads it that this particular shop is awful in essence.

Larry, who is a retailer and I would think defends other retailers as he should basically calls out this poster and says he will share those statements with that LCS, who this just in runs a business with employees and people that count on employment, but Tommy did nothing wrong?

To think anyone would agree with Tommy Voltage's statement and not think there would be repercussions is laughable.

It's a good idea to think about who you are knocking before you post. People like Larry, Eric Stephenson etc have done a lot more good for comics then the majority of people bashing. We are lucky to have them as part of our community.

But what do I know...

^^

Seriously, a lot of you younger folk have a LOT to learn. Learn in regards to business, flipping comics, etc etc. I've grown to really like Jimmy despite his loud mouth at times, because at least he hustles and gets people reading comics, and more than that, is passionate about comics. All my friends have owned shops for years now, including myself (16+ yrs). I think some of you newer members need to lurk a bit more, read and learn a bit more, instead of just spewing off at the keyboard. Sorry but my tolerance for stupidity is at an all time low.

He offered his opinion on a LCS. Big deal?

My local newsagents sucks. Does anyone want their name, address, phone number so you can let them know my opinion?

The Activity still scorching........Set of # 1-3

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290888310358

$80

I just picked up another #1-3 from a going out of business sale somewhere in Wilmington, DE. Listing now.

Which store is going out of business? I live in Wilmington and haven't really been making the lcs rounds lately.

$80

I just picked up another #1-3 from a going out of business sale somewhere in Wilmington, DE. Listing now.

Which store is going out of business? I live in Wilmington and haven't really been making the lcs rounds lately.

Between Books? I think that's what it is called. All comics are $1 (except New 52 and Marvel now are half off) and all the TPB are 50% off. I only dug through the indie stuff on the top and the New 52/Marvel Now. There is still a ton of indie beneath and a ton of older DC/Marvel books. You need to plan a whole day though. You might be able to find Y The Last Man #1. I just gave up. I found #2 and a few other single digits.

But what do I know...

JJ, you're like the dad of many people here. They will say whatever to you, but realize you're right in the future, and learn the hard way.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

$80

Between Books? I think that's what it is called. All comics are $1 (except New 52 and Marvel now are half off) and all the TPB are 50% off. I only dug through the indie stuff on the top and the New 52/Marvel Now. There is still a ton of indie beneath and a ton of older DC/Marvel books. You need to plan a whole day though. You might be able to find Y The Last Man #1. I just gave up. I found #2 and a few other single digits.

Solar, it's about 5 minutes from TheComicBookShop.

It's been picked clean of stuff to flip. I already went through the indie boxes. If they had a Y#1 it would have been mine.

If comics are now $1 and you're looking for cheap books to read, it will be worth the trip. The owner Greg is a really nice guy. I'm going to go back one more time just to buy some more stuff to help him out. It was a really cool store I would go to when TheComicBookShop sold out of stuff.

This is true, applies almost everywhere in life.

That wasn't the argument. The beef was apparently that someone said a shop was "awful". Who cares?

There's this carpet shop in the UK called Carpet Right. AWFUL. I got my living room carpet from them and I reckon a monkey could have fitted it better. Loads of wrinkles up by the bay window. Is everyone offended yet? Google for their details so you can let them know what I think of their shop because they'll really care. And posting your opinion of a shop is slander*.

*Obviously it isn't and not just cos slander involves the spoken word, not written. :facepalm:

This thread lost any meaning several months ago.

Information is no longer shared here by several long time posters and rightly so.

Eventually the problems will go away we just have to ride it out.

(thumbs u here's to hoping.

He can do whatever he wants. He's the INFAMOUS Larry. Isn't that what he calls himself?

Reason they don't have them on the shelf. http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=140943758605&pt=US_Comic_Books&_osacat=0&hash=item20d0e7150d&_ssn=comic-madness&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR6.TRC1&_nkw=phantom+variants&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Right on eBay.

I go to Wade's a few times a week and his Phantom variants are COVER PRICE until the next issue comes out. That means you have a whole month to get your Revival Phantoms.

Of course he's going to sell some on ebay to people who can't get them. Aren't you??

Hell, at least it's not the Ghost Variant shop in Philly that NO variant is cover price ever. See they still have a stack of WD 101 Ghosts for $20 a pop they've had since the day it came out.

Wade's basement is a treasure trove the couple times a year he opens it up and blows out the books for a buck and unlike some shops he doesn't say "Can't let you have those Walking Dead's #53-70 for a buck even though they were in my buck area."

Great shop, great people

That wasn't the argument. The beef was apparently that someone said a shop was "awful". Who cares?

There's this carpet shop in the UK called Carpet Right. AWFUL. I got my living room carpet from them and I reckon a monkey could have fitted it better. Loads of wrinkles up by the bay window. Is everyone offended yet? Google for their details so you can let them know what I think of their shop because they'll really care. And posting your opinion of a shop is slander*.

*Obviously it isn't and not just cos slander involves the spoken word, not written. :facepalm:

But this isn't a carpet forum. This is a comic book forum where professional comic book dealers are sometimes bad mouthed by other posters. Sometimes the criticism is fair and well argued, often it is ignorant, unfounded and malicious, and therefore unfairly damaging to someone's professional reputation. If you don't see the distinction then maybe you Are just another noob.