• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0O3pMUfl_E

Whet I would like you to crunch those number again.

lol

Honestly mschmidt has a valid question. And the answer maybe just that I missed them in the past or failed to bring them up in the numerous postings I have done but the bottom line is this - what's the issue here? Are we saying that my use of the word "rise" was ill-advised? The book is on the list. How that lists gets from eBay to me is something I can't quite answer. And if I missed something in the past than I apologize. I'm just noticing that Morning Glories was on the list today and that struck my fancy and I thought I would share that with the members of this board.

mschmidt, keep asking those questions. :foryou:

Edited by whetteon

Could you imagine how amazing it would be if the Lyriaexchange was just set up so Whetteon could sell some books he's had laying around so he just makes up the figures. Also part of the conspiracy would have to involve Spawn 9... hm

Could you imagine how amazing it would be if the Lyriaexchange was just set up so Whetteon could sell some books he's had laying around so he just makes up the figures. Also part of the conspiracy would have to involve Spawn 9... hm

but not the newsstand Spawn 9.

Morning Glories #1 @ $15+ & 4 bids. Not a hoax, not a dream and not an alternate reality. It's on the rise!

FINALLY!!! Not that I've even speculated on it much, but it's such a good series (even though it's hard to follow/keep track of characters/events/plot if you read it month to month).

How does an auction at $15 equate to a book being "on the rise" when completed sales show the same book selling consistently for $35-45?

This thread should be retitled "Moderns I Want To Heat Up On EBay" or "Moderns I Like And Think Should Sell For More on EBay". :grin:

Except that I don't own the book so it makes no different to me. (shrug)

Trust me, this was me being more of a smart than anything else. I do notice from time to time people posting on this thread about some comic selling for X when comic has been selling for X + Y just a few days before (a few months back, Star Wars 1 comics to mind *ahem*) and it makes me wonder how that can be considered heating up when the trend is showing the comic is cooling off. You just happened to have the posting that made me respond with my smart comment. Please don't take it personally. :foryou:

But, your respond did get me to look at this Lyria Exchange for the first time and I think that is a pretty cool site/tool. It would be better if it tracked historical data in addition to the current activity as that would truly show comics that deserve attention on this thread.

Edited by rjrjr

Branget long ago said to get as many copies of Rachel Rising 1 as you can. Something tells me people should listen to him.

I've given away around 50 issue #1 - 3rd prints.

Got them cheap from Diamonds clearance list, done around 40 copies of the TPB off the back of that :grin:

That's the way to do it. :applause:

Morning Glories #1 @ $15+ & 4 bids. Not a hoax, not a dream and not an alternate reality. It's on the rise!

Wolverine #154 & 155 @ $17+ & 5 bids. Deadpool IS the new Wolverine.

Amazing Spider-Man #583 @ $22 & 19 bids. The pools show this book is hot.

Haha. Those wolverines aren't bad, but they have the most ridiculous new characters in them. Some mercenaries Deadpool has with him, the "best" being Vance Reebus, and Reckless Eric. Like really???! That's what they came up with? A guy tha just doesn't take care on what he's doing??? Hahaha.