• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

is the last of us still doing alright? i just got the variant from the collectors edition, but i have no idea how to price it because there are none online..

It dropped in price by like 50%+ the next day. I sold some regular covers for $30 shipped. I see them for $10-15 now.

is the last of us still doing alright? i just got the variant from the collectors edition, but i have no idea how to price it because there are none online..

It dropped in price by like 50%+ the next day. I sold some regular covers for $30 shipped. I see them for $10-15 now.

well that sucks...

What moderns are heating up? Ummm none really. Summer downtime?

I really don't know what this summer downtime is. I think it is because everyone can't order Image #1 anymore. That one variant that was just really a store variant that tried to make a mini distribution to circumvent Diamond and promised all these extras in exchange for $10 ruined that.

The resources are here to go and do your own research. Participate more on the boards and you might get tips from one of the several dozen of Illuminati PM groups.

At this point in the month I have made triple what I was at in February (and February was a big month for me and everyone else with Todd #1, PP #9, Black Beetle #0 and #1).

Edited by Taco

I do plenty of research and rarely get burned when it comes to what to buy, and I'm a decent judge of what to get and what to flip and when to flip. Made a very good amount of profit from Mind Mgmt, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye and Black Beetle a few months ago, prices I'd be lucky to get 20% of now.

Summer Downtime : let's face it, some "hot" series have taken a hiatus so they can get the TPB out, reprints, do Comic Con appearances and so on. Not keeping with schedule can absolutely kill a book that was on the rise like Nowhere Men, which as much as I don't like it, was a decent money maker up to issue #3.

Todd #1 is still going to be a winner, it had a low-ish print run, and every Panzer up to #9 was around 5,000 copies or less, so that's what I've been stocking up on.

I still have faith in Bedlam just because of how enjoyable the book is from beginning to end and I'll take advantage of the panic / dumping of CGC 9.8's on ebay. It has a cult following and sometimes that leads to a broader appeal

Edited by Lonzilla

Why is what if venom possessed deadpool going for 40+?

It's been a hot book for a while. I think because it features two fan favorite characters, and it

had pretty low print run for something Deadpool compared to today's standards.

102 Venom Deadpool 1 $2.99 Marvel 17,609

Edited by awakeintheashes

I really don't know what this summer downtime is. I think it is because everyone can't order Image #1 anymore. That one variant that was just really a store variant that tried to make a mini distribution to circumvent Diamond and promised all these extras in exchange for $10 ruined that.

The resources are here to go and do your own research. Participate more on the boards and you might get tips from one of the several dozen of Illuminati PM groups.

At this point in the month I have made triple what I was at in February (and February was a big month for me and everyone else with Todd #1, PP #9, Black Beetle #0 and #1).

one variant that was just really a store variant that tried to make a mini distribution to circumvent Diamond

If you are referring to the Phantom program, every book is distributed through Diamond.

I'm still not understanding the X-Force #4 phenomenon.

Here's the rounded print runs. Only issue that has more than a 1st printing, or crazy multiple covers is #1. Does the 5,000 issue jump make a difference? The month or two for orders/readership to catch up? It stabilizes around 50,000, so why not the heat on #5, 6, 7, etc?

#

1------96,000

2------57,000

3------56,000

4------51,000

5------51,000

5.1---50,000

6------51,000

7------55,000

8------51,000

9------52,000

10-----51,000

Don't think print run has much to do with the popularity of UXF 4. For awhile I think it was hot simply because there wasn't a reprint of it. Issues 1-3 were reprinted in a "must-have" format and there wasn't a trade. Now there's a trade and the prices have cooled. $20 is still a good price for a raw, but its not where it once was. I think two years ago they were in the 30-40 range raw.

And hey - look at the sales numbers for New 52 Batman 1. That book does crazy money now and had a 188k print run, plus several extra printings.

That's what I thought, that the print run wasn't anything unique, and it's not like fans leaving vs coming on could have hit some weird tipping point for ONLY that issue.

And as far as content, story, plot, events, etc, I don't think it was a stand-out issue in a "I'm worth 5 X more than the other issues around me" kind of way.

Someone mentioned that it differentiated it from other x-books, because of the killing, but I mean, they've had that stuff in various x-books/wolverine books for years.

Search me, Chief???

It's been a hot book for a while. I think because it features two fan favorite characters, and it

What he said.

Plus, like it was a re-print of back-up stories in 4 issues of What if?...

If you got those four, there's probably a better chance you wouldn't pick up the re-print.

one variant that was just really a store variant that tried to make a mini distribution to circumvent Diamond

If you are referring to the Phantom program, every book is distributed through Diamond.

Yep, even single store variants. Yet another Modern forum know-it-all.

What he said.

Plus, like it was a re-print of back-up stories in 4 issues of What if?...

If you got those four, there's probably a better chance you wouldn't pick up the re-print.

+2 I picked up a couple copies of this when it was released. I sold one on the boards like 2 years ago and got $30 for it. I am still kicking myself for not buying a couple more when I had the chance. Oh well, the one copy I have left is a solid 9.8.

This week is all about Superman Unchained #1 Sketch Variant 1:300 @ $250ish and tons of bids and activity on eBay. For a book that's super limited, every copy must be hitting eBay at the exact same time. Tons of them are listed on the Lyria Exchange in their own separate auction.

Modern Age Comics To Watch. :ohnoez: