• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Yes. Yes and Yes.

I see #1's at conventions for $20 - $30. No one puts them on their walls anymore, just in back bins.

Infinity Gaunlet #1-6 @ $41 & 28 bids. Complete sets are hot on eBay.

Deadpool #11 8 bit Variant @ $12+ & 21 bids. Full disclosure - I have one up for sale on eBay as well. :P

Adventure Times #15 C2E2 Variant @ $20+ & 16 bids. Just heard on NPR radio that Adventure Time is the bomb. It's the new Sponge Bob or something. (shrug)

Superman Unchained #1 Golden Age Variant @ $16+ & 16 bids. Probably all those old farts on the Golden Age forums scooping this variant up! :baiting:;)

My Little Pony #6 Con Variant @ $50 & 3 bids (although it's really 1 bidder bidding three times).

Age of Ultron #10 Variant @ $49 & 5 bids. :o

I passed on like 5-6 sets of Infinity Gauntlet yesterday for $30-35 each. I didn't know it was like that.

You were wise. They have a print run that might be in the millions.

meh

I think you'd be surprised how many shops are still on life support right now. I visited 3 shops last weds and all they had was the 1:50 and the !:25 variants and only one copy mind you.

Not really knowing since I did not visit the shops but is it really life support or are they just ordering right and not buying into the hype?

In the most underwhelming news of the day Peter Parker has a sister?! Thank Marvel....for slowly destroying an icon.

Marvel was wise to hide her from us. Now their failure is complete.

Dan

To both of you-Why?

There's only so much you can do with a 50 year old character to keep it fresh.

Why is it a bad thing? Because it changes him?

I think you'd be surprised how many shops are still on life support right now. I visited 3 shops last weds and all they had was the 1:50 and the !:25 variants and only one copy mind you.

Not really knowing since I did not visit the shops but is it really life support or are they just ordering right and not buying into the hype?

Exactly. I don't think variants are that much "hype". But ya, most stores around hear, if they're close, they up there orders a bit, but only by like 5 issues or so. Maybe 10. There's no way they're going to order 100 extra copies.

What does happen sometimes, is if a customer requests it as a special order. Then, they'll order the extra, and price the variant with regards to how much extra they had to spend to get the variant.

In the most underwhelming news of the day Peter Parker has a sister?! Thank Marvel....for slowly destroying an icon.

Dan

Would have worked better if they could have merged Spider-Girl somehow into it. That book already had a loyal fan base, but in the Alt Universe they used she was his kid if I rem right.

In the most underwhelming news of the day Peter Parker has a sister?! Thanks Marvel....for slowly destroying an icon.

Dan

Your journey to the dark side is complete.

In the most underwhelming news of the day Peter Parker has a sister?! Thanks Marvel....for slowly destroying an icon.

Dan

Your journey to the dark side is complete.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Five comics trending to keep in mind while visiting your LCS on new comic book day:

Batman Beyond #1 @ $11+ & 2 bids.

Age of Ultron #10 Variant @ $50+ & 14 bids.

Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog #1 @ $20+ & 2 bids.

Superman #1 Unchained 3D Variant @ $100 & 14 bids.

Batman #21 1:100 Variant @ $45 & 16 bids.

Lyria Exchange website

Edited by whetteon

Five comics trending to keep in mind while visiting your LCS on new comic book day:

Batman Beyond #1 @ $11+ & 2 bids.

Age of Ultron #10 Variant @ $50+ & 14 bids.

Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog #1 @ $20+ & 2 bids.

Superman #1 Unchained 3D Variant @ $100 & 14 bids.

Batman #21 1:100 Variant @ $45 & 16 bids.

Lyria Exchange website

I wonder why the original Batman Beyond #1 doesn't sell high considering it's his first appearance? The Batman/Superman Annual 4 is a highly prized appearance as well but even that book shouldn't hold a higher value than the first ( which also has a couple of other versions )

Dan

To both of you-Why?

I agree he cannot remain fresh. For me it's the hero persona that matters. Again I would rather he die or retire in some grand fashion and pass on the persona. Then he/she can start fresh rather than add long lost sisters or artificially grown sons or daughters etc. I really love everyone working on the project but it just doesn't seem like a wise move. Also Teresa? No thanks...they should name her Patty Parker instead.

Dan

To both of you-Why?

I agree he cannot remain fresh. For me it's the hero persona that matters. Again I would rather he die or retire in some grand fashion and pass on the persona. Then he/she can start fresh rather than add long lost sisters or artificially grown sons or daughters etc. I really love everyone working on the project but it just doesn't seem like a wise move. Also Teresa? No thanks...they should name her Patty Parker instead.

Maybe they outta just bring him back and break his back or something a la Batman. haha. Seriously though why break what works, do new writers think they can top classic characters like Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker, etc etc with new age replacements? Classics are classics for a reason, that is why there is still appeal to these stories.