• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I'm watching yesterday's episode of Comic Book Men. A few Preacher raw copies are sitting on the shelf. Someone drive to NJ quick.

That was filmed months ago.

I'm sure those guys caught on right away and jacked up the prices.

I don't know about months ago. EoW #7 was in the background. But also in the same episode the most annoying one didn't have his forearm tattoo that he got a few episodes ago.

lol @ the most annoying one. So true. I wonder if those guys are on this site.

I actually hope they are. Maybe it will make them understand just how lame that whole series is. I watched a few episodes from Season 1 and it was so bad I just quit watching it altogether. And I had high hopes for it too....

Honestly, the only reason I watch it is to see what comics and toys they bring in.

Walt and Bryan are just nerds who feel they have a bit of power because they pick on Ming, who is clearly the smarter, cooler, and nicer one of the bunch. And Mike has not said ANYTHING in this season.

I think it's funny, two, that people sell to them. It's TOTALLY just to get on TV. Why else would someone sell an item that they could get $100 on eBay or Kijiji for, for $35???

the show has an opportunity to expose a larger audience to comics an instead they have chumps on selling mr t sprinklers and dukes of hazard . oh well, at least they had scott snyder in studio.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming....

I'm always surprised at these Adventure Time convention Variants.

They sell for double on ebay what they cost at conventions, and the book is total drek children stoner hipster stuff.

Not hating, just surprised.

1-The series is pretty funny, but I do agree that it is kind of hipster-ish, "it's cool to be nerdy" type stuff. The cartoon is pretty hilarious/ridiculous as well.

2-Aren't you into reading Bodie Troll and My Little Pony and that sort of stuff??? Or is it just for speculation???

I don't know.

I wouldn't compare Bodie Troll with my little Pony or Adventure time - just because Bodie Troll is an original idea, and pretty well executed.

Its a title that can stand on its own, and #1 first prints are long sold out and selling for anywhere from $6 to $10 each. Which is double its original price - a real modern that is heating up!

When it comes to My Little Pony or Adventure Time - there is no speculative market - That is of course not counting convention variants which probably due to scarcity are always a "double your money" book months after the convention/event.

I ask because you seem to mention those type of kids books a lot.

Well thats because I'm usually high.

I'm watching yesterday's episode of Comic Book Men. A few Preacher raw copies are sitting on the shelf. Someone drive to NJ quick.

I don't know about months ago. EoW #7 was in the background. But also in the same episode the most annoying one didn't have his forearm tattoo that he got a few episodes ago.

I actually hope they are. Maybe it will make them understand just how lame that whole series is. I watched a few episodes from Season 1 and it was so bad I just quit watching it altogether. And I had high hopes for it too....

Honestly, the only reason I watch it is to see what comics and toys they bring in.

Walt and Bryan are just nerds who feel they have a bit of power because they pick on Ming, who is clearly the smarter, cooler, and nicer one of the bunch. And Mike has not said ANYTHING in this season.

I think it's funny, two, that people sell to them. It's TOTALLY just to get on TV. Why else would someone sell an item that they could get $100 on eBay or Kijiji for, for $35???

the show has an opportunity to expose a larger audience to comics an instead they have chumps on selling mr t sprinklers and dukes of hazard . oh well, at least they had scott snyder in studio.

Because we 'know' comics we can easily see how certain things are set up or even faked altogether on this show. We kind of understand that other reality show are set up to some extent but we notice it more on this one because we have more knowledge about the subject matter.

These types of shows are light entertainment at best and if CBM reflected comics retailing/collecting more accurately, we would like it but it would lose it's broader appeal to the non comics audience.

It is what it is.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming....

I'm always surprised at these Adventure Time convention Variants.

They sell for double on ebay what they cost at conventions, and the book is total drek children stoner hipster stuff.

Not hating, just surprised.

1-The series is pretty funny, but I do agree that it is kind of hipster-ish, "it's cool to be nerdy" type stuff. The cartoon is pretty hilarious/ridiculous as well.

2-Aren't you into reading Bodie Troll and My Little Pony and that sort of stuff??? Or is it just for speculation???

I don't know.

I wouldn't compare Bodie Troll with my little Pony or Adventure time - just because Bodie Troll is an original idea, and pretty well executed.

Its a title that can stand on its own, and #1 first prints are long sold out and selling for anywhere from $6 to $10 each. Which is double its original price - a real modern that is heating up!

When it comes to My Little Pony or Adventure Time - there is no speculative market - That is of course not counting convention variants which probably due to scarcity are always a "double your money" book months after the convention/event.

I ask because you seem to mention those type of kids books a lot.

Well thats because I'm usually high.

:headbang:

Because we 'know' comics we can easily see how certain things are set up or even faked altogether on this show. We kind of understand that other reality show are set up to some extent but we notice it more on this one because we have more knowledge about the subject matter.

These types of shows are light entertainment at best and if CBM reflected comics retailing/collecting more accurately, we would like it but it would lose it's broader appeal to the non comics audience.

It is what it is.

About the show, are they not allowed to mentione CGC or something, or even grading for that matter???

Whenever they get a graded book, they NEVER EVER mention the actual number grade that it has, they just mention "in this condition" like it's a raw comic.

It is what it is.

About the show, are they not allowed to mentione CGC or something, or even grading for that matter???

Whenever they get a graded book, they NEVER EVER mention the actual number grade that it has, they just mention "in this condition" like it's a raw comic.

My guess is they don't want to give away any free advertising. And that makes sense. if CCG wants to sponsor the show I bet they'd be talking about grades and grading and all that stuff all show long. They are not shy when pimping the stuff that lines their wallets.

BTW, I live about 20 mins from the stash, and if anything, that show has made me never EVER want to go there.

If I lived that close I would go and check it out just for a laugh.

See if they actually have anything worthwhile that isn't horribly overpriced and to confirm/deny whether they're actually *spoon*-bags or not lol

Ming gets ripped on that show and the producers edit it so he often looks like a fool but he seems to know his mess.

I don't think it's the editing, it's just how the others treat him. I agree, he's probably the smartest one there for sure.

I have met all the guys. Walt is kind of pompous, Brian is a jerk. Mike is nice he took pictures for me. Ming is the coolest by far.

Kinda like the folks here on the boards. There's always one of each wherever you go.

Edited by Awax

I have met all the guys. Walt is kind of pompous, Brian is a jerk. Mike is nice he took pictures for me. Ming is the coolest by far.

Kinda like the folks here on the boards. There's always one of each wherever you go.

True

It is what it is.

which episode had a graded book in ?

Rob Bruce sets up at local shows here, but always just brings junk to sell. I don't really think he's a celebrity, especially around NJ.

I've been to Secret Stash a few times (a few years ago and recently) and Mike is incredibly rude, and Walt looks like he hates working at the store. I'm guessing Ming works in the back, because I never see him there.

While we're on the topic, I was at a LCS sale this past Saturday, and the employee told me how the Secret Stash guys frantically called them the night prior to the sale asking when the store opened, and then came to the store at opening and cleaned them out. I don't know what they bought though.

Edited by lemonman5