• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

I think there isn't a lot of talk on the Goon #1 because it's a tweener. In other words, an older modern where the majority on investment growth potential may have already happened. I think we all agree its a story worth reading.

The irony is that it's constantly listed in the Modern Age section on eBay and I always seem a copy week after week in the "Comics to Watch" section of the website. I suppose it is an in-between-er but it just strikes me as odd that rarely people talk about it and yet it's a pretty hot book to sell/buy.

Things like the story I'm about to tell never really happen to me, but I bought a Goon #1 Avatar issue about 5 months ago for cover price from one of my LCS's. It was just sitting in the Goon back issue section for like $3.50!?! I figure it was a noob who had no idea of the book and they just threw it into the boxes thinking it was nothing special. I got home and strictly graded it at around 9.0.... :acclaim::cloud9:

I've never read the series, but have plans to eventually get the trades and all the floppies. It looks like a book I would definitely like. I just wish I had started buying the DH series from the get go to make my project just a little smaller.

I have some of the earlier Goon DH books (#1, #7 with Hellboy, etc). Maybe we can work something out.

You got a killing on that book. May not be noobs. This book is hot in some circles, but not standard knowledge. Many stores probably never sold the book.

Check his Dark Horse Presents and maybe he has the last issue with Goon in it. Or that stupid Dreamwalker book with Goon.

Pat

Investment potential for THE GOON comics aside , the book is a fantastic read. The first few trades are comic book genius. As memorable for me as any comic I've read in 40 years. Powell absolutely kills it. The only downside is that he set the bar too high for the rest of the series. Highly, highly recommended.

I've never seen the Dreamwalker book, but actually saw the last issue of DHP at a local monthly garage sale type thing this guy does every month here. Basically, everything is a $1 unless marked otherwise. They literally have 100,000 comics for a buck. I didn't scoop it, but it will probably be there next month when I go. I was mainly looking for Superman MOS #17's to make some money for my broke . There were none to be had though.

Here is that copy I got though:

poUZuqKh.jpg

4kAgInhh.jpg

I think there isn't a lot of talk on the Goon #1 because it's a tweener. In other words, an older modern where the majority on investment growth potential may have already happened. I think we all agree its a story worth reading.

The irony is that it's constantly listed in the Modern Age section on eBay and I always seem a copy week after week in the "Comics to Watch" section of the website. I suppose it is an in-between-er but it just strikes me as odd that rarely people talk about it and yet it's a pretty hot book to sell/buy.

Things like the story I'm about to tell never really happen to me, but I bought a Goon #1 Avatar issue about 5 months ago for cover price from one of my LCS's. It was just sitting in the Goon back issue section for like $3.50!?! I figure it was a noob who had no idea of the book and they just threw it into the boxes thinking it was nothing special. I got home and strictly graded it at around 9.0.... :acclaim::cloud9:

I've never read the series, but have plans to eventually get the trades and all the floppies. It looks like a book I would definitely like. I just wish I had started buying the DH series from the get go to make my project just a little smaller.

Congrats (thumbs u

I have some of the earlier Goon DH books (#1, #7 with Hellboy, etc). Maybe we can work something out.

You got a killing on that book. May not be noobs. This book is hot in some circles, but not standard knowledge. Many stores probably never sold the book.

Check his Dark Horse Presents and maybe he has the last issue with Goon in it. Or that stupid Dreamwalker book with Goon.

Pat

I shall hit you up about those maybe Pat. Are they nice 9.4+ copies???

Only (shrug)

lol

I saw it to in the previews, sounded good, and just ordered one copy of the series for me to read. Debated on getting mutliples of #1, but budget got in the way.

On the strength of the story alone, I'd say this one is a winner for sure. It reads like a movie. Has that feel to it.

Man, the subsequent printing variants are a lot better than the actual first print covers!

Well, at least the Photo cover and the TIME cover are.

Edited by Dukes40

Man of Steel 17 1st and 2nd prints are doing really well, as is the 3rd, 4th, and 5th on MOS #18. X-Files Hastings Variant and Francavilla Night of the Living Deadpool from this week is going crazy too.

???The Deadpool one is only going for $15.

How about The Goon #1 @ $154 & 30 watchers. It's one of the most active, most expensive and most watched modern age comics on eBay and yet I rarely see anyone discussing it on these forums. hm

I've always wondered that too. Looks like it goes for a lot because of scarcity and that it's supposedly good, but ya, you never hear about the actual story much.

Is this because

a) Since it's so rare, not many people have actually read it?

or

b) It's not that great?