• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Found 2 Preacher 51's at the comic store for cover price, both are 9.8 candidates. That comic store has been a goldmine, found multiple copies of Sandman 1's, 8's, Preacher 1, Batman 1, Misc Batman 52's under #12 with variant covers, ASM 361, Other New 52's 1's. ect..I said where did you get all these? He had the entire run of New 52's since they came out!! "Oh, I had them in the back and never put them out in the boxes till now" Owner is super lazy.

'lazy' is being way too kind.

No kidding. Can anyone say "going out of business soon"?

comixology has the preacher 51 as may 5, 1999 print release, and the transmetropolitan 23 as june 30, 1999 release, don't know how accurate that is though.

I do think comixology is a reliable source for that kind of info. Both have interior dates of July 99 though I understand that they may have hit shelves at different times. I'm sure others will have better data on stuff like this but it looks like they were were released at the same time.

Edited by MrWeen

Especially CGC copies are still strong

Found 2 Preacher 51's at the comic store for cover price, both are 9.8 candidates. That comic store has been a goldmine, found multiple copies of Sandman 1's, 8's, Preacher 1, Batman 1, Misc Batman 52's under #12 with variant covers, ASM 361, Other New 52's 1's. ect..I said where did you get all these? He had the entire run of New 52's since they came out!! "Oh, I had them in the back and never put them out in the boxes till now" Owner is super lazy.

'lazy' is being way too kind.

No kidding. Can anyone say "going out of business soon"?

He's not going out of buisness soon, he makes his money through new comics and gaming, like 99% of comic stores now, hardly anyone ever goes in the back rooms and dig through boxes.

I'm confused about this ASM #1 Gamestop thing. So you need 6,000 points. You get 500 for registering your card online. That's down to 5,500 points.

You either get 10 points per dollar on new games or 20 points per dollar on used games.

Say you buy all new games you would need to spend $550. Which is what, 9-10 games? Or just a new system and a game? Or buy all used and it is half of that. But new you could always sell for a few dollars less on Amazon on eBay. Easy way to save $150-200 at least I think.

Is my thinking all wrong?

I'm confused about this ASM #1 Gamestop thing. So you need 6,000 points. You get 500 for registering your card online. That's down to 5,500 points.

You either get 10 points per dollar on new games or 20 points per dollar on used games.

Say you buy all new games you would need to spend $550. Which is what, 9-10 games? Or just a new system and a game? Or buy all used and it is half of that. But new you could always sell for a few dollars less on Amazon on eBay. Easy way to save $150-200 at least I think.

Is my thinking all wrong?

That's correct. Are you going to go through all that to make $100?

I'm going to predict...

Deathmate Black

As a book to keep any eye on :)

It might sometime this summer or early fall. The discussion about this book might get buried here, but it may get shouted down as not being Copper in the CA forum.

Do they restock or is it done?

They did not restock the star wars comic when it sold out so i'll assume spidey is a done deal.

They did restock the Star Wars one with another 100 or so copies after the initial sell out. It was all the rejects that people returned for better copies.

IMO if you missed out on the 1st wave, don't bite if you catch the restock. They'll all be trashed (even more than the avg 1st wave)

I'm going to predict...

Deathmate Black Deathmate Black: Gold Variant

Not sure why you are recommending this book but I fixed it for you despite your reason! :)

First Gen 13, and I agree, the Gold Variant is the one you want.

I'm going to predict...

Not sure why you are recommending this book but I fixed it for you despite your reason! :)

First Gen 13, and I agree, the Gold Variant is the one you want.

They both are the ones to get, You aren't going to find Ultimate Spider-Man 1 sitting in the quarter box while everyone runs out and grabs the white cover...same thing.

I'm going to predict...

You didn't fix anything. I thought you knew comics. (shrug)