• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Thats exactly what I meant.. it will get to TMNT popularity level, but since the print run is not so limited it will be a 100+ book by season 1.. This book doesnt need "a lot of luck" as you say.. It already has a solid track of saleability with cosplay fans at cons and a best selling TPB. Now all it needs is to break out of the comic world, and for that, it doesnt need any luck. Just smart and good PR... And publicists LOOOOOVE a product like Rat Queens to work with.

Just wait

Thats exactly what I meant.. it will get to TMNT popularity level, but since the print run is not so limited it will be a 100+ book by season 1.. This book doesnt need "a lot of luck" as you say.. It already has a solid track of saleability with cosplay fans at cons and a best selling TPB. Now all it needs is to break out of the comic world, and for that, it doesnt need any luck. Just smart and good PR... And publicists LOOOOOVE a product like Rat Queens to work with.

Just wait

TMNT popularity level lol

It's a good book, but...calm down.

I think Rat Queens has a decent chance to grow in readership based on one thing.............the female comic collector/reader. I have posted about this before, but over the past 3 - 4 years the number of female collectors buying new and older (SA/BA) back issues has grown rapidly. It pays now to actually take Archies from new collections to shows of just tossing them out...........

Bingo. Only diff is that the emphasis is on female readers as opposed to collectors.. Thats the reason why the TPB hold a #1 spot. It is an EASY book to market to everyone based on commercial value and appeal...

Wanna buy your GF a cool gift? Get her a Rat Queens Tee

Wanna buy your niece a cool read.. There you go.. Rat Queens TPB

Once they get it.. Theyre hooked..

Cant do that with any other book that I know of today.

I already said it before.. This doesnt even needs a TV show, its just INEVITABLE..

It only needs a female celebrity tweet (selena gomez, Miley, Rihanna..).. A talk show recomendation (The View, Ellen Show, etc..) and BOOM

This one screams cross over all around it. 20,000 print run of #1 is NOTHING if this gets to TMNT levels, which in my belief, it would.

Before you posted this, did you take some ecstasy and start listening to some zesty, zesty Trance?

Heh...

Just wait

Between you me and the wall//

If you didnt know nothing about TMNT WD or RQ and you read all three

And you were a chick

Id bet balls to the wall youd subscribe to RQ before anything

A level celebs charge anything from 8-12k for a tweet.

The name of the game in PR is, just as it is with us guys speculating on books, to speculate on a B/C level celeb who's "trending" and has a big pull who would do it for a fraction of that price. So.. A good PR agent will pay the same amount to 20-30 celebs who will tweet about a product..

Then the A listers will notice and tweet about it, cause its "cool"..

Then Ellen will hear about it...

Just wait

And you were a chick

Sure, but we're not talking about just 'chicks.' TMNT has had a good 30 year run of mass multimedia marketing with two movies, a cartoon show that everyone my age watched for years, multiple toy lines, multiple comic runs and a first issue with a print run 80% lower than Rat Queens.

I agree that the book has serious cosplay/fantasy nerd appeal and a TV deal, but to hit TMNT level, you need to really dominate that 8-12 year old demographic. An R-rated female-centric Dungeons and Dragons homage just can't tap into that market.

FYI, I read somewhere online that TMNT has generated over $6 BILLION in revenue over that period. Not sure how accurate that is, but I don't doubt it.

Just wait

And you were a chick

Sure, but we're not talking about just 'chicks.' TMNT has had a good 30 year run of mass multimedia marketing with two movies, a cartoon show that everyone my age watched for years, multiple toy lines, multiple comic runs and a first issue with a print run 80% lower than Rat Queens.

I agree that the book has serious cosplay/fantasy nerd appeal and a TV deal, but to hit TMNT level, you need to really dominate that 8-12 year old demographic. An R-rated female-centric Dungeons and Dragons homage just can't tap into that market.

FYI, I read somewhere online that TMNT has generated over $6 BILLION in revenue over that period. Not sure how accurate that is, but I don't doubt it.

All in due time my friend.. Of course it wont make 6 bill right of the gate.. But it will gain popularity just as TMNT did when it got to mainstream levels.. Same pace, if not faster, just because of saleability factors.

My guess is that you didnt read the book.. Its not about how good a read it is, I love alot of books that unfortunately I dont see making it anywhere based just on great writing/art, and its unfortunate. RQ is a cross over book. Girls of all age love it, all race (big BIG marketing factor with this), and guys like it.

When my friend told me about this book first I said, yeah yeah, Ill get to it.. I thought it was a D&D type book and said, yeah, the title is cool ,but I aint reading no sword and sorcery (no offense S&S fans).. I just read a few pages and I was shocked at how out of its element this book was.

Cool chicks.. Check

Violence.. Check

Tongue in cheek.. check

Dirty and witty.. Check

Its all there

I swear to god I aint got a dog in this fight... Just a true believer

I think Rat Queens has a decent chance to grow in readership based on one thing.............the female comic collector/reader. I have posted about this before, but over the past 3 - 4 years the number of female collectors buying new and older (SA/BA) back issues has grown rapidly. It pays now to actually take Archies from new collections to shows of just tossing them out...........

Bingo. Only diff is that the emphasis is on female readers as opposed to collectors.. Thats the reason why the TPB hold a #1 spot. It is an EASY book to market to everyone based on commercial value and appeal...

I already said it before.. This doesnt even needs a TV show, its just INEVITABLE..

It only needs a female celebrity tweet (selena gomez, Miley, Rihanna..).. A talk show recomendation (The View, Ellen Show, etc..) and BOOM

This one screams cross over all around it. 20,000 print run of #1 is NOTHING if this gets to TMNT levels, which in my belief, it would.

I am pretty sure Rihanna and Selena Gomez don't read comics. I have followed them on twitter And on Instagram and they have never posted a single tweet about a comic book lol

I don't see the tmnt comparison at all :sorry:

Edited by jreezy

The question is how do we get it on the Ellen Show?

Good question...

How did WD get to AMC?

What's a bigger obstacle do you think?

I live in L.A., maybe I should go to a taping and try and slip her a trade hm

I'd do it for sure.. Just dont give her the Staples variant by accident ;)

I swear to god I aint got a dog in this fight... Just a true believer

Seriously how many copies you got :baiting: I haven't read it yet but may have to. Mind you I do have a few #1's but those aren't for reading

A-lot! I still buy them when I see them in LCS for 5-6.00..

Needless to say that doesnt happen often

I am pretty sure Rihanna and Selena Gomez don't read comics. I have followed them on twitter And on Instagram and they have never posted a single tweet about a comic book lol

I don't see the tmnt comparison at all :sorry:

Celebs are marketing vehicles.. They do whatever management tells them to do and agencies pays them for it.. U dont see them talk about comics because there isnt a single comic out there that can appeal to them.. Thats the premise of my all argument with RQ.. RQ is the only book out there that can cross over to pop culture..

I enjoy RQ, but it's nowhere near even my top 5 new comics and while the story and art are solid, just not a must read for me. Still check it our though. I never really got into RPG style board games and stuff. I can definitely see a female/cosplay bump helping the book though 2c