• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,820 posts in this topic

This is one book that I dont find the need to defend. Speculators will never understand the potential of this book from numbers because they dont realize the huge and dedicated fanbase and the demographics of this book. Rat Queens #1 WILL command a 100.00+ price tag once the show hits because unlike many other TV shows it has the base core fanbase already set and MASSIVE commercial appeal. Once the trigger is pulled, this will blow up. Overnight.

As long as it does better than Todd the Ugliest Kid, which actually dropped in price after the show launched (which I thought would happen) then all will be well. lol

The is a show already? :o

This is one book that I dont find the need to defend. Speculators will never understand the potential of this book from numbers because they dont realize the huge and dedicated fanbase and the demographics of this book. Rat Queens #1 WILL command a 100.00+ price tag once the show hits because unlike many other TV shows it has the base core fanbase already set and MASSIVE commercial appeal. Once the trigger is pulled, this will blow up. Overnight.

As long as it does better than Todd the Ugliest Kid, which actually dropped in price after the show launched (which I thought would happen) then all will be well. lol

What show (shrug)

That's what I was thinking

So Weibe has PP and Rat Queens that will be tv shows. :banana:

Edited by jreezy

No, my mistake. I thought it was out since it has been over a year since announced.

No, my mistake. I thought it was out since it has been over a year since announced.

Too late Todd has crashed since your original post ;)

What about the staples variant? $500?? i need to find that darn thing....

What show (shrug)

Yeah, what show ?

:roflmao:

Ken is going to be upset when finds out about them making a show without him. lol

:roflmao:

Ken is going to be upset when finds out about them making a show without him. lol

That sounds like it could be a great story arc. :)

no no....I have a few of those and they don't sell right now for 100...signed or unsigned...

I a bunch of months ago I had a strain #1 up for 15 bucks and it did not sell...

I think Rat Queens has a decent chance to grow in readership based on one thing.............the female comic collector/reader. I have posted about this before, but over the past 3 - 4 years the number of female collectors buying new and older (SA/BA) back issues has grown rapidly. It pays now to actually take Archies from new collections to shows of just tossing them out...........

Bingo. Only diff is that the emphasis is on female readers as opposed to collectors.. Thats the reason why the TPB hold a #1 spot. It is an EASY book to market to everyone based on commercial value and appeal...

Wanna buy your GF a cool gift? Get her a Rat Queens Tee

Wanna buy your niece a cool read.. There you go.. Rat Queens TPB

Once they get it.. Theyre hooked..

Cant do that with any other book that I know of today.

I already said it before.. This doesnt even needs a TV show, its just INEVITABLE..

It only needs a female celebrity tweet (selena gomez, Miley, Rihanna..).. A talk show recomendation (The View, Ellen Show, etc..) and BOOM

This one screams cross over all around it. 20,000 print run of #1 is NOTHING if this gets to TMNT levels, which in my belief, it would.

Spread #1 2nd Print.. In case you didnt know..

All stores are sold out 1st day.. Never seen a book sell so fast on a 2nd print

That cover it G-E-N-I-U-S

is that a fake action figure or an actual action figure...can't tell from the pics.

I think Rat Queens has a decent chance to grow in readership based on one thing.............the female comic collector/reader. I have posted about this before, but over the past 3 - 4 years the number of female collectors buying new and older (SA/BA) back issues has grown rapidly. It pays now to actually take Archies from new collections to shows of just tossing them out...........

Bingo. Only diff is that the emphasis is on female readers as opposed to collectors.. Thats the reason why the TPB hold a #1 spot. It is an EASY book to market to everyone based on commercial value and appeal...

I already said it before.. This doesnt even needs a TV show, its just INEVITABLE..

It only needs a female celebrity tweet (selena gomez, Miley, Rihanna..).. A talk show recomendation (The View, Ellen Show, etc..) and BOOM

This one screams cross over all around it. 20,000 print run of #1 is NOTHING if this gets to TMNT levels, which in my belief, it would.

Before you posted this, did you take some ecstasy and start listening to some zesty, zesty Trance?

no no....I have a few of those and they don't sell right now for 100...signed or unsigned...

I a bunch of months ago I had a strain #1 up for 15 bucks and it did not sell...

this one is on the high end of raw sales:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rat-Queens-FIONA-STAPLES-VARIANT-1-TV-SHOW-HTF-VF-NM-/201134833818?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ed492009a

So giving no grade and a fuzzy pic is the besr way to sell this I see?

It's over $100, but in a slab

Before you posted this, did you take some ecstasy and start listening to some zesty, zesty Trance?

I love my fans they follow me everywhere :cloud9:

lol "zesty trance" reminds me of the 90's :roflmao: I agree with the potential of RQ, it's on the cusp of being white hot.

By the way, is your name a play on "Law and a Order"?

lol "zesty trance" reminds me of the 90's :roflmao: I agree with the potential of RQ, it's on the cusp of being white hot.

By the way, is your name a play on "Law and a Order"? Awe and Lorder

xifed taht rof ouy

While I agree it has great potential with a TV show, this book is nowhere near a TMNT or Walking Dead in value. With a lot of luck it could maybe reach Saga price levels for #1 (#2 - 6 are already at Saga price levels), but that means a hit TV show and lots of fan support. Right now the reader base is so small it will take a long time to hit Saga popularity with readers.