• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I disagree re: flood and price impact. There was a relative flood a couple of weeks back when the TV was announced but it did not kill the prices during the rush.

This book was not heavily speculated on and from all reports has turned out to be a good read (I can't say as I have not read it even though I have a couple of runs and my LCS added it to my file lol ).

I disagree re: flood and price impact. There was a relative flood a couple of weeks back when the TV was announced but it did not kill the prices during the rush.

This book was not heavily speculated on and from all reports has turned out to be a good read (I can't say as I have not read it even though I have a couple of runs and my LCS added it to my file lol ).

The first issue can still be bought on ebay for between 10 and 15 dollars. That does not speak well for the demand of this series.

The first issue can still be bought on ebay for between 10 and 15 dollars. That does not speak well for the demand of this series.

It's more about the fact that there's twice as many #1s out there as subsequent issues. 20K+ is more than enough for demand. 11K, not so much.

It's more about the fact that there's twice as many #1s out there as subsequent issues. 20K+ is more than enough for demand. 11K, not so much.

And right after the post-TV announcement it could be had for $7 - $10.........

And right after the post-TV announcement it could be had for $7 - $10.........

I think the fact that every book in the run brings $10-$15 each speaks volumes as to how many people are scooping them up.

This is one book that I dont find the need to defend. Speculators will never understand the potential of this book from numbers because they dont realize the huge and dedicated fanbase and the demographics of this book. Rat Queens #1 WILL command a 100.00+ price tag once the show hits because unlike many other TV shows it has the base core fanbase already set and MASSIVE commercial appeal. Once the trigger is pulled, this will blow up. Overnight.

This is one book that I dont find the need to defend. Speculators will never understand the potential of this book from numbers because they dont realize the huge and dedicated fanbase and the demographics of this book. Rat Queens #1 WILL command a 100.00+ price tag once the show hits because unlike many other TV shows it has the base core fanbase already set and MASSIVE commercial appeal. Once the trigger is pulled, this will blow up. Overnight.

As long as it does better than Todd the Ugliest Kid, which actually dropped in price after the show launched (which I thought would happen) then all will be well. lol

I thought adventure time #1 would be worth more by now...maybe it's different when a cartoon comes out first.

The 20 Billion variants pretty much curbstomped the investment potential of that book.

As long as it does better than Todd the Ugliest Kid, which actually dropped in price after the show launched (which I thought would happen) then all will be well. lol

What show (shrug)

What show (shrug)

I thought that there was a cartoon or something for it. I picked up a few copies of #1 from LCSs when the property was licensed and dumped them when prices spiked.

I think Rat Queens has a decent chance to grow in readership based on one thing.............the female comic collector/reader. I have posted about this before, but over the past 3 - 4 years the number of female collectors buying new and older (SA/BA) back issues has grown rapidly. It pays now to actually take Archies from new collections to shows of just tossing them out...........