• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

That's the point. Negative carry far more weight. Your point was that there was no reason to leave a negative because it would do no good. My contention is that, for most sellers, a negative is a serious thing.

As for how many I've left, I think I only had 1 issue on Ebay that wasn't resolved by the seller and I think that's how many negatives I've left. 1. Not because I'm afraid to. It used to be that buyers wouldn't neg for fear of retaliatory negs. Not so now. There is NO reason not to neg someone that deserves it.

That's the point. Negative carry far more weight. Your point was that there was no reason to leave a negative because it would do no good. My contention is that, for most sellers, a negative is a serious thing.

As for how many I've left, I think I only had 1 issue on Ebay that wasn't resolved by the seller and I think that's how many negatives I've left. 1. Not because I'm afraid to. It used to be that buyers wouldn't neg for fear of retaliatory negs. Not so now. There is NO reason not to neg someone that deserves it.

I just resort to leaving a negative feedback when there's a bad experience with a seller which is NOT common with retail/sales practices. It seems like you do to (thumbs u

Lets just agree that we both see this particular case in different views

I'm surprised there is a debate on this. As a buyer, I have a choice. I can choose to buy the book from seller A or seller B. By leaving the neg, you post a notice to the next buyer that they may want to buy from another seller. I want to know that the seller I choose will honor the deal or I will choose another seller.

What happens next time a hot books comes out and a buyer chooses to buy form this guy and he does the same thing. Perhaps that buyer could have chosen another seller that would have actually shipped the book if you had posted the neg. However, because they were not warned, they bought from this guy and by the time they find out the other seller is also sold out?

Staying quiet enables bad behavior. :preach:

I'm surprised there is a debate on this. As a buyer, I have a choice. I can choose to buy the book from seller A or seller B. By leaving the neg, you post a notice to the next buyer that they may want to buy from another seller. I want to know that the seller I choose will honor the deal or I will choose another seller.

What happens next time a hot books comes out and a buyer chooses to buy form this guy and he does the same thing. Perhaps that buyer could have chosen another seller that would have actually shipped the book if you had posted the neg. However, because they were not warned, they bought from this guy and by the time they find out the other seller is also sold out?

I agree with every word EXCEPT for the part highlighted. I can give you a list of comic dealers on ebay that do that on a regular basis. Do they stop doing it because of negative fb? no. Will buyers keep buying from them? of course.

If youre a power seller/top rated seller on ebay, and you move more than 300 transactions a month, youre practically immune to negative fbs. So whats actually happening here is this;

a big comic book dealer that gets the same treatment as the little guy will end up STAYING in business and do the same"bad practices" the little guy did, and the buyer (us) will end up staying with less shopping choices. Sounds like democracy isnt practiced here after all. Not because of how it should be practiced, but mainly because - the system in which these rules are set is defunct

Edited by Aweandlorder

Breach of contract is illegal. Although it may be malum prohibitum, one could easily argue that there is an element of morality as well (eg. A persons word is their bond, etc). That being said, I'm sure there are extenuating circumstances that many reasonable people would allow for a breach of contract, for instance in the event of natural disaster. Without going into the legality of a breach, I doubt you would find many people that would agree "I am breaching the contract so that I can sell the product for an additional $xx, without any other consideration" to be a reasonable extenuating circumstance. The fact that it may be common practice notwithstanding, it is clearly morally and legally indefensible. Unfortunately, remedies may be limited in these "small" cases. Ebay still makes their seller fees, so they likely don't care. A negative may make little impact, but it is better than nothing.

TLDR: breach of contract is bad.

Breach of contract is illegal. Although it may be malum prohibitum, one could easily argue that there is an element of morality as well (eg. A persons word is their bond, etc). That being said, I'm sure there are extenuating circumstances that many reasonable people would allow for a breach of contract, for instance in the event of natural disaster. Without going into the legality of a breach, I doubt you would find many people that would agree "I am breaching the contract so that I can sell the product for an additional $xx, without any other consideration" to be a reasonable extenuating circumstance. The fact that it may be common practice notwithstanding, it is clearly morally and legally indefensible. Unfortunately, remedies may be limited in these "small" cases. Ebay still makes their seller fees, so they likely don't care. A negative may make little impact, but it is better than nothing.

Are you a 1L? :baiting:

Are you a 1L? :baiting:

Haha, no. A lifetime ago, I was. I am Hawaii bar certified but would never dream of practicing. Tolerance of this sort of thing irks me, and I thought I'd get my 2c in.

I agree with every word EXCEPT for the part highlighted. I can give you a list of comic dealers on ebay that do that on a regular basis. Do they stop doing it because of negative fb? no. Will buyers keep buying from them? of course.

If youre a power seller/top rated seller on ebay, and you move more than 300 transactions a month, youre practically immune to negative fbs. So whats actually happening here is this;

a big comic book dealer that gets the same treatment as the little guy will end up STAYING in business and do the same"bad practices" the little guy did, and the buyer (us) will end up staying with less shopping choices. Sounds like democracy isnt practiced here after all. Not because of how it should be practiced, but mainly because - the system in which these rules are set is defunct

No seller is immune to non-performing seller complaints. Just a few will put them in a bad spot.

Any conventions coming up that they will be attending around the release date?

Ill have to ask them, Gonna be in dirty joisy for the superbowl

EDIT - duh, the book comes out on feb 25 I forgot.. Just spoke to the store and they said that they are trying to get Hughes for the signing on the release date.. Keep you updated

I'm just asking because of their last exclusive, ASM 4, and the SDCC debacle.

I still dont understand why its recalled? because of the Hulk action figure or because of some movie announcement which is leaked in the book.. so confused

Is the Vision character a spoiler for the Ultron movie? (shrug)

I'm guessing you're mistaking Baron Zemo for the Vision.

1421882063.jpg

4872_Avengers_2_Vision_hires_1024x1024.jpg

Can I leave a negative feedback if someone sold me 2 copies of the hot topic at 35 and 30 2 days ago and now doesn't want to send them because of how high the prices are? Or no? I have 6 I got from hot topic myself so I don't care I just want to know what the rules are on this. Thanks for the input.

Trash 'em! That's ridiculous. What a tool.

Yeah.... So.... That Star Wars #1?

Ended at $760.00!!!!!!!

Wow wow wow

That was to be expected.. My bet was 350, but Im not surprised.. Great!

On a side note, i betcha that if the attention hadnt shifted to the Hot Topic variant he wouldve closed even higher!