• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

still kinda strange its worth so much tho...

The 4 issues together barely sell for above cover, go figure. It's all about the Skottie cover

I had no problem getting $40 for a set. Well over cover.

Somebody with a Hot Topic copy needs to make take a photo of the ad in it.

https://comicbookscalping.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/1421882063.jpg

Everyone's going to go out and get themselves a 9.8 slabbed copy of Incredible Hulk #1 now. Now where did I put all of those?

hm, except that's not the first true Grey Hulk.

Its on like donkey kong

still kinda strange its worth so much tho...

The 4 issues together barely sell for above cover, go figure. It's all about the Skottie cover

I had no problem getting $40 for a set. Well over cover.

Somebody with a Hot Topic copy needs to make take a photo of the ad in it.

https://comicbookscalping.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/1421882063.jpg

Everyone's going to go out and get themselves a 9.8 slabbed copy of Incredible Hulk #1 now. Now where did I put all of those?

hm, except that's not the first true Grey Hulk.

:eyeroll:

I don't want to open my copies, sealed in bag/board. I am a about to run back even though it will take an hour to get there, really regretting not getting the 9.2/9.4/9.6 copies. I just pray she didn't destroy them

Just came back from the mall where the local Hot Topic is. I called earlier and the guy told me they had the SW comics but they couldn't put them out yet. I was going to go and bribe the guy, sell me three and I'd throw a $20 bill his way.

His manager was there at the store with him, and when I asked, she quickly told me they don't have it at all.

meh

I am done trying to get on this bandwagon.

-slym

Just came back from the mall where the local Hot Topic is. I called earlier and the guy told me they had the SW comics but they couldn't put them out yet. I was going to go and bribe the guy, sell me three and I'd throw a $20 bill his way.

His manager was there at the store with him, and when I asked, she quickly told me they don't have it at all.

meh

-slym

simple, go apply for a job today, talk to the manager, see if you can do an interview tomorrow. Then start your training the next day. Then sell yourself the comics at an employee discount. You will be fired, but you will have bought your comics, maybe get paid for a couple hours work. Note: This is probably only worth it if you have a LOT of free time or you can get a HIGH number of comics.

meh

simple, go apply for a job today, talk to the manager, see if you can do an interview tomorrow. Then start your training the next day. Then sell yourself the comics at an employee discount. You will be fired, but you will have bought your comics, maybe get paid for a couple hours work. Note: This is probably only worth it if you have a LOT of free time or you can get a HIGH number of comics.

I am pretty sure Hot Topic doesn't hire 40+ year olds..

-slym

meh

I am pretty sure Hot Topic doesn't hire 40+ year olds..

-slym

Ok, I'm on it. All I need is a delivery truck, a fake mustache, and some chloroform.

....Wait... what were we talking about?

Interesting, I wonder if the suspected 500,000 print run on this may eventfully catch up to the demand ? I would sell em now if you got em.. dollar bins everywhere will be emptied .

Interesting, I wonder if the suspected 500,000 print run on this may eventfully catch up to the demand ? I would sell em now if you got em.. dollar bins everywhere will be emptied .

Not to suggest that theres shortage, but its original print run of over 20 years ago is no longer relevant.. Actually I bet that because this was such a cheap book, most copies have been dumped long long time ago

I saw that, this one caught fire real quick. I'd guess once managers come in and keep on tearing off covers after a few Hot Topic employees get in trouble for snagging a few across the land or trading the for vampire bites they will start getting even more scarce and go up even higher.

Guess we'll see real soon.

BleedingHeartsCool ran an article about Alias 24, 1st Purple Man Netflix show version, and as you can guess there's no copies on ebay now

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/28/speculator-corner-alias-24-the-new-purple-man/

It's not really a first appearance of anything, though, is it?

I'm not sure what Bleeding Cool means by the "new" Purple Man. It's the same guy as before. Same name. Same powers. Same everything, really.

So... so what, exactly?

He has been around a long time. He became more visibly wicked and hated in this series but I don't think there is anything new here.

Probably because Marvel killed him off once, Submarine I believe killed him if my memory serves. Then they brought him back a decade later.

I saw that, this one caught fire real quick. I'd guess once managers come in and keep on tearing off covers after a few Hot Topic employees get in trouble for snagging a few across the land or trading the for vampire bites they will start getting even more scarce and go up even higher.

Guess we'll see real soon.

How much you wanna bet when the order was sent out to box them back up and shed some managers went sure I'm taking them to shred only to stash and sell on their own. hm

Edited by natevegas