• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

It is?

Well I for one had no idea.

What was it originally in?

I missed that too. (shrug)

What If books, as a BACKUP story.

This book cannot be compared to TWD Weekly, Marvel Tales, Marvel Super Action books for example because it has a totally new cover, by a hot artist and it's a collected edition of backup stories.

still kinda strange its worth so much tho...

The 4 issues together barely sell for above cover, go figure. It's all about the Skottie cover

Just so it's clear...

There were 4 separate What If? comics released, one being the Deadpool/Venom issue?

Then they combined all four together with a new Young cover, and that is the one worth money?

I'm still confused... lol

1386899710.jpg

Edited by vikingreed

It is?

Well I for one had no idea.

What was it originally in?

I missed that too. (shrug)

What If books, as a BACKUP story.

This book cannot be compared to TWD Weekly, Marvel Tales, Marvel Super Action books for example because it has a totally new cover, by a hot artist and it's a collected edition of backup stories.

The 4 issues together barely sell for above cover, go figure. It's all about the Skottie cover

Just so it's clear...

There were 4 separate What If? comics released, one being the Deadpool/Venom issue?

Then they combined all four together with a new Young cover, and that is the one worth money?

I'm still confused... lol

They're four what if books that feature the venom deadpool back story.

No one bought these issues. Than marvel released a republished version of the deadpool venom story. And many stores didn't order it because they still had unsold what if books featuring the story.

Well regarding the star wars 1 hot topic varint.

I tried to locate today at any Central florida hot topics, luckly I found a very nice manager at one and I sweet talked her into letting me get a few. She had about 15, said she just got in yesterday (they were still in the back) but was told they can't be put out.

After I hung out with my crying children, she came back over and said what the heck, buy as many as you want. She brought them out of the back. I feel like I should have bought all 15 since they were part of their BOGO sale but I just picked the solid 9.8's out of the group as all seemed to not have been handled very well to this point. Looks like they all had bad corners and spine ticks besides the few I bought.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out as some hot topic employees don't take their job too seriously :makepoint:

We need to be asking ourselves, would marvel recall a book based on a too early advertisement? Probably not. So maybe savage hulk isn't a hot topic pop fogure and there is more relevance to his character than initially thought. hm

I was just thinking about what I need to be asking myself, so this is a very special post to me. :idea:

We need to be asking ourselves, would marvel recall a book based on a too early advertisement? Probably not. So maybe savage hulk isn't a hot topic pop fogure and there is more relevance to his character than initially thought. hm

I was just thinking about what I need to be asking myself, so this is a very special post to me. :idea:

I was already thinking this to myself, therefore it was of no help to me.

So they pull a book because of an ad that shows a figure that will be probably released by the time the "fixed" edition hits the stores anyway, and it's an ad that every collector has already seen :blahblah:

So they pull a book because of an ad that shows a figure that will be probably released by the time the "fixed" edition hits the stores anyway, and it's an ad that every collector has already seen :blahblah:

The one hot topic I went to acted like they were scientologists and hadn't payed for the level of information I had given them when I was asking about the advertisement on the back. They really don't want anyone to know about the advertisement or reason of recall. It's weird.

I had no problem getting $40 for a set. Well over cover.

Somebody with a Hot Topic copy needs to make take a photo of the ad in it.

https://comicbookscalping.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/1421882063.jpg

Everyone's going to go out and get themselves a 9.8 slabbed copy of Incredible Hulk #1 now. Now where did I put all of those?

hm, except that's not the first true Grey Hulk.