• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Why isn't The New Avengers #31 heating up? This issue revealed that

Dr. Doom is Rabum Alal (the Great Destroyer), and is the reason why the Marvel Universe is ending in May. Plus, Dr. Doom looks completely kick butt, and is the leader of the Black Swans... And it needs to answer how he is the catalyst of this event that started in Issue #1, when he just disappeared two issues ago...

Maybe because any (possibly) stupid batch idea crossing the mind of a writer does not necessarily become an instantly canonized narrative innovation? (:

Especially when retroactive continuity starts bordering the ridiculous… and I can’t even start to count for how long this has been happening.

So the best selling comic of February?

Come on, guess...

Orphan Black.

Say what?!?!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/orphan-black-1-was-the-best-selling-title-in-february-2015

Orphan Black was in a Loot Crate, correct? That would account for the bulk of the print run.

Ah, that makes sense.

Still pretty impressive.

Sg 34 was hard to find when it first came out....maybe doomed storyline completists want it.

Just found out is low print as well, but didnt really look into how many copies, at least the cover is cool.

Yall seen spider gwen 3 and asm 17 connecting hasting variants?

Sg 34 was hard to find when it first came out....maybe doomed storyline completists want it.

Just found out is low print as well, but didnt really look into how many copies, at least the cover is cool.

A low print in terms of what? Its low printed compared to earlier in the series when the book was selling over 30k copies, but it had a significantly larger print run than the previous lows in the series.

A low print in terms of what? Its low printed compared to earlier in the series when the book was selling over 30k copies, but it had a significantly larger print run than the previous lows in the series.

Periodically you see books like this.

Last example I could give would be Batgirl 14 2010. Print run wasn't much different not a lot changed in the book, but it sells well and you wont find it much.

Jan 2014 22,677

Low for DC, but it's still above Justice League Dark surprisingly.

Last example I could give would be Batgirl 14 2010. Print run wasn't much different not a lot changed in the book, but it sells well and you wont find it much.

It used to happen with Marvel's X crossovers as well. Story collectors bid up the lower print run titles in the crossover.

It used to happen with Marvel's X crossovers as well. Story collectors bid up the lower print run titles in the crossover.

Yeah that's just another cross section of buyers that might want a book - Set collectors.

Really you can have several

Speculators

Set Collectors

Upgraders

Core Character Fans

TV Crossover(This one will be new)

I'll say it again lady killer is doing very well. I do have a few copies for full disclosure. My girlfriend really really likes the book which is usually a good sign.

Sales of $30-50+ for 1 1st print. $35 plus shipping on the boards earlier today. (shrug) Last time I posted in this thread about this book it was ignored, and it was only selling for $10-15 about a month ago.

I'll say it again lady killer is doing very well. I do have a few copies for full disclosure. My girlfriend really really likes the book which is usually a good sign.

Sales of $30-50+ for 1 1st print. $35 plus shipping on the boards earlier today. (shrug) Last time I posted in this thread about this book it was ignored, and it was only selling for $10-15 about a month ago.

a girlfriend you say? hm

I love that book.

It's a very fun read, with outright gorgeous art.