• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,834 posts in this topic

There from five below and sell at $4 a piece.

(thumbs u

Huh, another store we don't have in the Pacific Northwest. I wonder if they all had the Ramos, or all random.

I did my weekly rounds of the Philly area Five Belows over the weekend and didn't see any ASM 4s in the value packs. Assorted other variant covers, but nothing exciting. That's not to say they're not in the middle of the packs. These Marvel packs are sealed very tight and it's not like the cello multi-packs where you can lift the top book and see what's underneath.

Wonder how many EOSV #2 have been sitting on the shelf there in the middle of these packs for months

Ah,

Abnett and Lanning.

The group that has done so much and really nothing at all.

Patrick

GOTG 2008 series. Adam Warlock becomes The Magus (thumbs u

One of my favorite comic series of all time was the 2008 series. I can re-read it over and over and it will never get old. Trying to finish a full run and only missing one or two regular issues and some variants. Luckily, I found 5 copies of issue 1 for less than $5 during the pre-movie madness.

I haven't read any DnA stuff outside of GotG, Annihilation Conquest and all those cosmic Marvel stories they did, but those were fantastic reads IMHO.

Why are people still trying to make 1:X ratios fit for print runs?

Those ratios are distribution ratios, not printing ratios.

Yes, but it gives a ballpark idea of the max number of copies that will be available.

No, it doesn't, in any meaningful way.

If a distribution ratio is 1:100, they could print 500 of them, and 250,000 of the "regular" version. The distribution ratio has absolutely nothing to do with the print runs of either.

Yes, but it gives a ballpark idea of the max number of copies that will be available.

If a distribution ratio is 1:100, they could print 500 of them, and 250,000 of the "regular" version. The distribution ratio has absolutely nothing to do with the print runs of either.

Unless you're suggesting that, in addition to distributing them in the ratio based on retailer order, Marvel is also making some large quantity available to the public through some alternate means, then yes, it does indeed give a ballpark of the max number of copies available. It could end up being half that number, but we're establishing a ceiling for available copies.

There from five below and sell at $4 a piece.

(thumbs u

Huh, another store we don't have in the Pacific Northwest. I wonder if they all had the Ramos, or all random.

I did my weekly rounds of the Philly area Five Belows over the weekend and didn't see any ASM 4s in the value packs. Assorted other variant covers, but nothing exciting. That's not to say they're not in the middle of the packs. These Marvel packs are sealed very tight and it's not like the cello multi-packs where you can lift the top book and see what's underneath.

Wonder how many EOSV #2 have been sitting on the shelf there in the middle of these packs for months

did you buy any just to see what was in the middle

Unless you're suggesting that, in addition to distributing them in the ratio based on retailer order, Marvel is also making some large quantity available to the public through some alternate means, then yes, it does indeed give a ballpark of the max number of copies available. It could end up being half that number, but we're establishing a ceiling for available copies.

hm

So a slightly less meaningful number than the print run. Gotcha.