• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Is King's Batman a worthy investment? Anyone here fill a short box? I know the print will be astronomical, and that DC is allowing returns, but I'm hoping that King's writing will drive value, as well as give an engaging story. Will the print be double or tripple that of the last #1, which was 188,420 (09/2011)? It's gonna be large, what with DC Rebirth having a print of 235,791, Batman 52 at 102,197, and then of course DKIII #1 having a print of 440,234.

I myself found 3 aspen b/w Turner variants, 1 Tim Sale variant, and 10 cover A.

Opinions are welcome.

Is King's Batman a worthy investment? Anyone here fill a short box? I know the print will be astronomical, and that DC is allowing returns, but I'm hoping that King's writing will drive value, as well as give an engaging story. Will the print be double or tripple that of the last #1, which was 188,420 (09/2011)? It's gonna be large, what with DC Rebirth having a print of 235,791, Batman 52 at 102,197, and then of course DKIII #1 having a print of 440,234.

Opinions are welcome.

That will be the new X-Force #1 :roflmao:

This just proves my point- especially if what you said about Wizard is true- that Wolverine 80 is just a sad attempt at a ret-con by people who want to speculate on the book.

Unfortunately , people who actually READ comics will know better.

And the people who get all their comics knowledge from a movie won't care.

Hence why the book is a fail.

-J.

Well, you forgot Murphy's law . . . I've sold all of my copies, so it's bound to go up! lol

This just proves my point- especially if what you said about Wizard is true- that Wolverine 80 is just a sad attempt at a ret-con by people who want to speculate on the book.

Unfortunately , people who actually READ comics will know better.

And the people who get all their comics knowledge from a movie won't care.

Hence why the book is a fail.

-J.

Well, you forgot Murphy's law . . . I've sold all of my copies, so it's bound to go up! lol

I was wondering why you were being so quiet.... ;)

-J.

This was mentioned in a thread that was locked due to boardies behaving badly. Justice League 51 was printed with the wrong cover (issue 52) and were distributed on the newstand market.

Some shops got direct editions, but orders were immediately scrubbed and the right covers were sent out instead.

However, all newstand editions were NOT scrubbed and sent to Barnes and Noble (which is the direct dealer to newstand comics).

Thoughts? Opinions? rare????

This was mentioned in a thread that was locked due to boardies behaving badly. Justice League 51 was printed with the wrong cover (issue 52) and were distributed on the newstand market.

Some shops got direct editions, but orders were immediately scrubbed and the right covers were sent out instead.

However, all newstand editions were NOT scrubbed and sent to Barnes and Noble (which is the direct dealer to newstand comics).

Thoughts? Opinions? rare????

Direct Sales copies "appear" to be in far fewer available numbers than the B&N Retail copies. One would think the flood happening with B&N copies would be happening with the Direct Sales copies IF people had them . Ebay helps facilitate those wanting to flip product.

Edited by viperdays

Was gonna post this one (another Philly direct copy) and it sold just as I copied the link. Either deliberate undercutting or someone who just wanted to make a fast book and not look back

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUSTICE-LEAGUE-51-Direct-Sales-ERROR-w-recalled-cover-Lex-Luthor-52-NM-/301988617794?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=wQyyvDN4m43slRKjjuVFvfdne7g%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

So is this book an accurate comparison to the price variants from Marvel several years ago? Hulk, Avengers 77, Daredevil 41, and Uncanny X-men 423?

No, because newsstand copies typically have different cover prices than direct copies anyway.

The "error" about this book is the cover, not the UPC box or the price.

Once it became obvious that the book isn't rare at all, people have gone to new lengths try to keep the book pumped at least through the weekend. (thumbs u

-J.

Opinions are welcome.

I can't imagine Batman 1 being larger than DC Rebirth...Rebirth was their

'push' title to get everyone on board all the upcoming comics.

Edited by krighton

So is this book an accurate comparison to the price variants from Marvel several years ago? Hulk, Avengers 77, Daredevil 41, and Uncanny X-men 423?

were Hulk, Avengers 77, Daredevil 41, and Uncanny X-men 423 released with the incorrect cover art?

And incorrect issue number?

And incorrect creative team blurb on cover.

If so, YES.

If No, Justice League #51 / #52 is unprecedented.

HISTORIC.

No, because newsstand copies typically have different cover prices than direct copies anyway.

The "error" about this book is the cover, not the UPC box or the price.

Once it became obvious that the book isn't rare at all, people have gone to new lengths try to keep the book pumped at least through the weekend. (thumbs u

-J.

Wager?

I say DM copies $250 in a month.

You say less.

Anything.

Put up something besides the diarrhea spewing from your mouth.

Was gonna post this one (another Philly direct copy) and it sold just as I copied the link. Either deliberate undercutting or someone who just wanted to make a fast book and not look back

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUSTICE-LEAGUE-51-Direct-Sales-ERROR-w-recalled-cover-Lex-Luthor-52-NM-/301988617794?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=wQyyvDN4m43slRKjjuVFvfdne7g%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

So what is that the sixth confirmed copy from Philly.

Second?

seventh.

They're certainly not plentiful.

( and they could have come from NY :)

So what is that the sixth confirmed copy from Philly.

Second?

seventh.

They're certainly not plentiful.

( and they could have come from NY :)

I had 5 and sold them all, that one above and another one that's currently up on ebay make 7. There's a minimum of 9 copies bought in one Philly store, but probably no more than a dozen coming from here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JUSTICE-LEAGUE-51-Direct-Sales-ERROR-w-recalled-cover-Lex-Luthor-52-NM-/371659382539?hash=item5688a01f0b:g:2GoAAOSwvg9XZIbx

Edited by Lonzilla