• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Getting awfully political there using the words "Safe Space" Simon. I have no choice but to report you for it.

I hope you're kidding.

I hoped so, too, but the mods were notified of that post. :facepalm:

I hope UltraMaximus gets a strike for needlessly bothering the mods. :banana:

OK

book in the "moderns heating up" thread gets scrutinized.

why do so many people get confused, (or in past cases extremely butt hurt) in this thread, whenever an actual discussion occurs.

It is not the "books for cheerleading thread"

If the thread is called, "books that are heating up", then people should discuss whether or not a book is heating up or not.

When so many people post books which are clearly NOT heating up, but which they either want to heat up, or others have told them are going to heat up, they should not be surprised, or shocked, or offended, that people might actually question saying:

"are you sure thats heating up?"

"here are some sales that seem to point otherwise".

Ultimately, its either a dont ask dont tell thread, where people only cheerlead for books to go up up and away, or its a discussion thread about what is heating up, and that involves both sides of the discussion, for the books that are mentioned.

Lastly, i wasnt scrutinizing the book, though legitimately curious WHY it was brought up in this thread (where it clearly does not belong).

If you don't want to respond to my posts, don't.

Please don't edit my posts down to the point of using them as a launchpad for your next monologue.

Thanks in advance. :whatev:

Chopping someone's post up like that and then using to make some "insightful" observation is just plain lame .

As a clarification on internet rules: if someone makes multiple points in a post, how does someone responding know which points they're allowed to respond to?

Yes, how would we?

If there were only some type of text editing controls.

All of this bickering is interfering with me finding $15 books in the dollar box or buying a mispriced $50 variant for $10. Not that I need to as I have 50 copies of superman 204, which is a raging hot $20 book (or should be).

Detective #850

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_nkw=detective%20comics%20850&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Surprised the fan club hasn't jumped on this one yet.

Edited by ygogolak

Getting awfully political there using the words "Safe Space" Simon. I have no choice but to report you for it.

I hope you're kidding.

I hoped so, too, but the mods were notified of that post. :facepalm:

I hope UltraMaximus gets a strike for needlessly bothering the mods. :banana:

:wishluck:

What is there to jump on, exactly? No false narrative being used to push it. No "rare" variant for which a low print can be falsely cited. And no conflict of interest between an investment site pushing an exclusive for it while their employees sell it.

Someday you'll figure it out.

What is there to jump on, exactly? No false narrative being used to push it. No "rare" variant for which a low print can be falsely cited. And no conflict of interest between an investment site pushing an exclusive for it while their employees sell it.

Oh boy, I can't wait to be an enlightened one!

Does it come with a pair of white tennis shoes and cup of "punch"? :wishluck:

Edited by ygogolak

Exactly :golfclap:

I guess my issue is that the people that run this rallying cry are led by someone that has a failed speculation website that is 60% a rip off of Lyria Comic Exchange.

So yeah, cry babies, illuminati, welcome to the comics heating up thread.

OK

book in the "moderns heating up" thread gets scrutinized.

why do so many people get confused, (or in past cases extremely butt hurt) in this thread, whenever an actual discussion occurs.

It is not the "books for cheerleading thread"

If the thread is called, "books that are heating up", then people should discuss whether or not a book is heating up or not.

When so many people post books which are clearly NOT heating up, but which they either want to heat up, or others have told them are going to heat up, they should not be surprised, or shocked, or offended, that people might actually question saying:

"are you sure thats heating up?"

"here are some sales that seem to point otherwise".

Ultimately, its either a dont ask dont tell thread, where people only cheerlead for books to go up up and away, or its a discussion thread about what is heating up, and that involves both sides of the discussion, for the books that are mentioned.

Lastly, i wasnt scrutinizing the book, though legitimately curious WHY it was brought up in this thread (where it clearly does not belong).

If you don't want to respond to my posts, don't.

Please don't edit my posts down to the point of using them as a launchpad for your next monologue.

Thanks in advance. :whatev:

Chopping someone's post up like that and then using to make some "insightful" observation is just plain lame .

As a clarification on internet rules: if someone makes multiple points in a post, how does someone responding know which points they're allowed to respond to?

You quote the full point and ensure the context is clear. You don't paste together different parts of the post, and remove it from its context in order to suit your own agenda.

Oh look, something heating up !!!! Gotham Girls series

Those have sold pretty well for a little while now. The movie news may bump it a bit more but not sure how much.

They've been pretty hard to find cheap in the wild for a good bit, especially the Harley one, and those white covers make em extra tough in even a raw 9.4. Usually when I see them they're covered in ink rubs and stacking marks

I guess my issue is that the people that run this rallying cry are led by someone that has a failed speculation website that is 60% a rip off of Lyria Comic Exchange.

my hobby website's features are entirely behind a login wall as they always have been, and it is nothing like Whetton's site. Even ignoring the fact that its been inactive for years, you wouldnt have a clue what it can or can't do, who else has been involved, or anything about it :) . You probably didnt even know it has a log in, lol. Keep grasping at straws. Keep googling and whois'ing, it's cute.

What you want to call a rallying cry, is just people speaking truth. No matter how large the pump-n-dump herd of trolls is, truth will be spoken. This is an internet discussion board, where all opinions and point of views are allowed.

It is not an extension of any garbage "investing" site or someones personal fiefdom.

Every cBSi lie, scheme, scam, and bad advice, is fair game for discussion. Claim a book is hot when it has 0 sales, boom, heating up thread toppic. Claim something is top10 hot book, when it's a garbage lemming site's homebrew variant, BOOM, heating up thread. Try to pass off a virgin cover as not a store variant, BOOM, important details for discussion on the heating up thread.

All of it is on-topic, comic related, and fully above board. This is the CGC forms, not cBSi forums.

Oh boy, I can't wait to be an enlightened one!

Does it come with a pair of white tennis shoes and cup of "punch"? :wishluck:

Assuming this is a reference to the Heaven's Gate cult, the Nike Decades they wore weren't white. Nor did they drink punch. #facts

my hobby website's features are entirely behind a login wall as they always have been, and it is nothing like Whetton's site. Even ignoring the fact that its been inactive for years, you wouldnt have a clue what it can or can't do, who else has been involved, or anything about it :) . You probably didnt even know it has a log in, lol. Keep grasping at straws. Keep googling and whois'ing, it's cute.

What you want to call a rallying cry, is just people speaking truth. No matter how large the pump-n-dump herd of trolls is, truth will be spoken. This is an internet discussion board, where all opinions and point of views are allowed.

It is not an extension of any garbage "investing" site or someones personal fiefdom.

Every cBSi lie, scheme, scam, and bad advice, is fair game for discussion. Claim a book is hot when it has 0 sales, boom, heating up thread toppic. Claim something is top10 hot book, when it's a garbage lemming site's homebrew variant, BOOM, heating up thread. Try to pass off a virgin cover as not a store variant, BOOM, important details for discussion on the heating up thread.

All of it is on-topic, comic related, and fully above board. This is the CGC forms, not cBSi forums.

I preferred your "THIS IS THE LAST TIME I RESPOND TO YOU" post.