• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,770 posts in this topic

I a son who thinks East of West is better than Star Wars ( he loves SW ) but neither hold a candle to Assassin's Creed or Last of Us. lol

I sent my cousin who is my age the trades to EoW and he called me the other day after finishing them saying it was like Star Wars but way more badass. Needless to say he's reading comics again after 22 years.

Personally I think the majority think it's going to be a horrible movie however those who are invested in it will do everything in their power to pump this movie so they can dump it on the sheep.

This is interesting to me... Marvel hasn't invested in new property like in forever. Everyone there has influence and unlike Sony or Fox, Marvel seems to be doing mostly everything right. It's not like they don't have great source material. Just fine it strange that anyone would have doubts that this is going to be lame... Unlike John Carter, Marvel is driving the bus, but like John Carter, Disney super conglomerate is driving the bank. I can't imagine it's going to be anything other than epic.

Who knows though, I may be very wrong.

Also, I'm amazed CGC doesn't have labels just for Stan Lee's signature at this point. Feels like the man has signed 1/3 of the marvel books out there... Even the ones he had nothing to do with...

^^

Personally I think the majority think it's going to be a horrible movie however those who are invested in it will do everything in their power to pump this movie so they can dump it on the sheep.

Always bringing the positivity.

Everyone keeps saying Rocket is going to be huge with kids. Parents are OK with their kids watching and adoring a character with huge guns blazing a lot (killing)? I don't see how this would be OK for Saturday morning cartoons.

I had a toy Freddy Kruger glove when I was a kid in the 80's. No one said anything about that back then.

Everyone keeps saying Rocket is going to be huge with kids. Parents are OK with their kids watching and adoring a character with huge guns blazing a lot (killing)? I don't see how this would be OK for Saturday morning cartoons.

I had a toy Freddy Kruger glove when I was a kid in the 80's. No one said anything about that back then.

And when I was a kid back in the early 60s (yes, I'm showing my age) we had BB guns, sling shots, air rifles, played with army men and GI Joes and toy machine guns and not once have I ever shot anybody. :sumo:

:gossip: Not that I didn't want to at times. lol

And when I was a kid back in the early 60s (yes, I'm showing my age) we had BB guns, sling shots, air rifles, played with army men and GI Joes and toy machine guns and not once have I ever shot anybody. :sumo:

Remember when the phrase "don't have a cow man" offended some people? lol

Remember when the phrase "don't have a cow man" offended some people? lol

I just used that term with my wife the other day. (thumbs u

Eat my shorts!

:roflmao:

That reminds me of one time when I was about 11 or 12. We were at my Grandma's house and my cousin's mom told him to do something. He said "Eat me raw!" and I was both appalled and dying with laughter at the same time. lol

For the record, there have been a few tragedies involving kids between the time most of us were kids and today. It would be nice to act like they didn't happen, but sadly they did. I don't have kids of my own yet, but I do know that blame for a good bit of these was placed on media & parenting.

That was why I am questioning the validity of a speculation as such.

Now, back to the reminiscing... :cloud9:

We made Freddy Kruger gloves that were sharp enough that they worked....... lol

Eat my shorts!

That reminds me of one time when I was about 11 or 12. We were at my Grandma's house and my cousin's mom told him to do something. He said "Eat me raw!" and I was both appalled and dying with laughter at the same time. lol

Awesome...

Why wouldn't they be? Today's parents grew up watching GI Joe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Transformers cartoons.

Exactly. Parents already know what they are getting into with a film like GoTG.

And knowing is half the battle,

Whoever is a product of the 80's knows how great that decade was. I was born in '78, had my first skateboard by '82/83, saw all those amazing movies from that time, the music was great especially compared to today's standards, and let us not forget the boom of toy's and tech that would forever change the face of the planet we live in today.

NES

MOTU

GI JOE-3 3/4" of course

Army Ants

M.U.S.C.L.E.

Inhumanoids

Transformers

Goonies

Red Dawn

Friday the 13th

Nightmare on Elm Street

Gremlins

Conan the Barbarian

The list goes on, but to those who cherish this decade like I do, show some love with a big.........

(thumbs u

Yup I grew up with all the Nightmare on Elm Streets - Wes Craven ruled. Friday the 13th, shoot still remember going to the movies to see Jason takes Manhattan (Beyond awful). Still remember the line "There's a killer after me", and the guy says "Welcome to New York". or something along those lines.