• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

Yeah it was in their received stacks and i have a buddy that lets me pick through them and i saw it asked him what he wanted for it he just said pay me half of what the comic is worth, So paid $1.50 for a 9.0 preacher #1 not to shabby.

You !

:golfclap:

Yeah it was in their received stacks and i have a buddy that lets me pick through them and i saw it asked him what he wanted for it he just said pay me half of what the comic is worth, So paid $1.50 for a 9.0 preacher #1 not to shabby.

I hope you treated you friend to a mcdonalds lunch at least, you cheap .

He is a friend who knows you are into comics, so you get preferential treatment, and he asked you to pay half of what it is worth when you found a $100 book in a pile...and you gave him $1.50...?

Seems a bit dishonest, IMO. Sounds like you are proud of the fact that you took advantage of him. Am I missing something here?

He is a friend who knows you are into comics, so you get preferential treatment, and he asked you to pay half of what it is worth when you found a $100 book in a pile...and you gave him $1.50...?

Seems a bit dishonest, IMO. Sounds like you are proud of the fact that you took advantage of him. Am I missing something here?

Half Price Books would have put the book out for sale for a dollar.

Yeah he is a good friend that works at the store. Every day he prices comics . They even tell the people that bring in comics that they are not a comic store and you will not get what you could if you sold it to a comic store or ebay so people still sale their issue to the store. He keeps some stuff for himself. i turned down a lowered grade walking dead #1 and told him to keep it. The person that turned in the walking dead got $1.00 for selling it to the store. Unless you have a great friend like he is you just wouldn't get it and no i am not taking advantage of him. To him its just reading material. He even told me that the comics that don't sell get sent to a paper recycling place.

:cloud9: He does collect arrow heads and other native american artifacts and over the years i have given him loads of them that i have found on my farm in Goliad Texas. Sorry didn't mean to make my post a while back sound smug i just thought it was nice that he gave sold me a comic that i have been looking for.

:cloud9: He does collect arrow heads and other native american artifacts and over the years i have given him loads of them that i have found on my farm in Goliad Texas. Sorry didn't mean to make my post a while back sound smug i just thought it was nice that he gave sold me a comic that i have been looking for.

Why the *spoon* do you hate horses

Its a old world of Warcraft name, I use to use a Tauren shaman and figured the taurens were getting a bad rap and that they thought the horses were all majestic and stuff and figured they hated them for that so horsehater came about and i stuck with it.

I suppose it's because I haven't noticed the attention the title has been getting until last week when they suddenly popped up on the website. Usually that means some sort of TV show or movie rumor but I haven't heard anything.

Glad to know your kids like them! We need more young people in the hobby and I think comic stories now are the best they've ever been. Just so much else is competing for their allowance.

Runaways has been popping for $45-$60 recently. There was an announced movie in2012 but news came out it was shelved in 2013. In February there was news it may not be so dead yet.

I'll take the blame for the sudden heat on this book. I've been buying these up here on the boards and on eBay for $20 and under for months. There hasn't been any recent news that would cause it heat up as much as it has, so I'll attribute it to my hoarding. ;)

I suppose it's because I haven't noticed the attention the title has been getting until last week when they suddenly popped up on the website. Usually that means some sort of TV show or movie rumor but I haven't heard anything.

Glad to know your kids like them! We need more young people in the hobby and I think comic stories now are the best they've ever been. Just so much else is competing for their allowance.

Runaways has been popping for $45-$60 recently. There was an announced movie in2012 but news came out it was shelved in 2013. In February there was news it may not be so dead yet.

I'll take the blame for the sudden heat on this book. I've been buying these up here on the boards and on eBay for $20 and under for months. There hasn't been any recent news that would cause it heat up as much as it has, so I'll attribute it to my hoarding. ;)

But, I noticed your hoarding and figured you knew something I didn't so, I'd better start hoarding too :ohnoez:

Half Price Books would have put the book out for sale for a dollar.

Not necessarily. Most HPB stores have a locked box in the comics section for more "valuable" comics. As to who or what determines what goes in there, and at what price, I am not sure.

For instance, the one by me has Wolverine Minis 2-4 for about $25 each; some old Crime-related comics; and a Secret Wars #8 that I picked for $10 with my credit.

There was also another post around the boards with a store stocking an ASM #50 for $300.

Yeah he is a good friend that works at the store. Every day he prices comics . They even tell the people that bring in comics that they are not a comic store and you will not get what you could if you sold it to a comic store or ebay so people still sale their issue to the store. He keeps some stuff for himself. i turned down a lowered grade walking dead #1 and told him to keep it. The person that turned in the walking dead got $1.00 for selling it to the store. Unless you have a great friend like he is you just wouldn't get it and no i am not taking advantage of him. To him its just reading material. He even told me that the comics that don't sell get sent to a paper recycling place.

I hear the store doesn't even give store credit, just cash. Do you or your buddy know how much they give for comics? I have some drek that needs a new home :)