• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

How do Marvel Ages sell for more than a dollar? How can I not say without everything I say before it getting wiped out under the "spoon" headline?

Its like all of you are high and I'm the sober one. Its mind numbing.

This post isn't exactly the pinnacle of coherence.

Edited by spreads

Can we start a separate "First Appearance Debate" thread

To get back on topic... The Strain #1 and 2 just keep going up! Is there a ceiling on those books? How good is the show? Havent seen any episodes yet.

Have not seen the show - a coworker recently told me (he has no idea I read comics, or that this is a comic property) that the show was 'awful.' No one else with us had ever heard of it, so... time will tell. If it reaches a mainstream audience, then no, there probably is not much of a ceiling.

The prices right now are most likely just speculators selling to speculators.

I actually like the show.

Relax dudes!

Back to 70's, when I was a kid. There were a lot of Silver and Bronze Age books in those garage sales and flea markets even you could find them in 25 or 50 cent bins.

There were plenty of them. Fast forward to today. You don't often see them like in 70's but we have so much Modern Age books around here.

We will go fast forward to 20-30 years from now. You probably won't see those Modern Age books anymore.

Relax dudes!

Back to 70's, when I was a kid. There were a lot of Silver and Bronze Age books in those garage sales and flea markets even you could find them in 25 or 50 cent bins.

There were plenty of them. Fast forward to today. You don't often see them like in 70's but we have so much Modern Age books around here.

We will go fast forward to 20-30 years from now. You probably won't see those Modern Age books anymore.

20-30 years from now, you may not see books AT ALL.

Relax dudes!

20-30 years from now, you may not see books AT ALL.

True. But I see comics heading the way of records. There will still be collectors out there.

Can we start a separate "First Appearance Debate" thread

To get back on topic... The Strain #1 and 2 just keep going up! Is there a ceiling on those books? How good is the show? Havent seen any episodes yet.

Have not seen the show - a coworker recently told me (he has no idea I read comics, or that this is a comic property) that the show was 'awful.' No one else with us had ever heard of it, so... time will tell. If it reaches a mainstream audience, then no, there probably is not much of a ceiling.

The prices right now are most likely just speculators selling to speculators.

Someone didn't like it?! Sell! Sell! :ohnoez:

Of course, there is this;

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/22/fx-the-strain-a-bigger-hit-than-the-old-ratings-model-said/

Can we talk about Marvel Age 97?

What the is wrong with you people?

First Darkhawk? really? $15+ really?

marvel Age 12 - first appearance of Spider-man Black Costume, completed sales of $20?!

if there wasn't an earlier sign of the coming comic book apocalypse this is it now.

1990's were first sign

marvel Age 12 - first appearance of Spider-man Black Costume, completed sales of $20?!

if there wasn't an earlier sign of the coming comic book apocalypse this is it now.

Jimmy I usually enjoy your posts but not this one. How is Marvel age not the first appearance of Darkhawk?

Jimmy I usually enjoy your posts but not this one. How is Marvel age not the first appearance of Darkhawk?

There is a preview of Darkhawk #1 in MA 97, but Darkhawk does not appear in the story. Darkhawk appears on the cover and on a pin-up on the inside. If we go by this criteria, then Previews magazine is where most characters' first appearances would be.

Midtown West was rammed this morning with people there to pick up the free Tec #27 reprint from DC. Not sure if a free book can be counted as 'heating up', but man, it was a frenzy!

It's not like Rai called someone a k*** or anything.

Those recalled Wolverine books are more common than advertised. I used to pick them up when I came across them, but after 10 or so, I realized they were practically every other issue.

It wasn't the rarity I was commenting on, but that they had a good reason to recall it. It's a major title with a crazy racial slur that somehow made it to print without an editor saying "This probably won't fly."

The Rai book is being recalled because the perforation lines for the mask cut off the ears. Who cares.

I was just using your comment as a springboard to point out that recalled books aren't always as rare as rumored. As you state, the Wolverine book was recalled over a legit reason, yet they're still everywhere. I can't imagine the recalled Rai's being quite as rare either. 2c

Comichron has the total #2 numbers at 13,500.

Cover B is probably the subscription variant, which is, what, usually like 1/3 of the total? just under half? something along those lines.

Cover C is Recalled Mask edition

Cover D is 1:10

Cover E is a 1:25

Cover F is the corrected mask (not sure if this factors in to the numbers)

Cover G is a second printing (don't think this is part of the numbers)

What would the return rate be on the recalleds then? 30%? higher? lower? What is a common rate for this sort of thing?

Anyone else going in on the Rai #2 Recalled Mask Variant???

I'm figuring awesome artist+awesome writer+pretty good comic so far+limited numbers=huge potential.

Do I have something here, or am I being ridi-culous???

I wouldn't hold your breath on Rai; the overwhelming sentiment on the VF boards is that the recall error was quite abundant in a number of shops. That, and I don't think a lot of people will care....if the VF regulars don't care about this, then few people will.

This. The people that should care don't.

Hello all. I'm new here but a regular on the Valiant Fans boards. I can't speak for all Valiant collectors, but personally I'd pick up one of the recalled books if I could get it at cover price, but I have no intention of paying any more for it. Some people might, and it if Valiant's fan base grows, there might be higher demand, but I don't see it for now.

What about Kindt and/or Crain fans? May have to factor that in. No clue if that is a major factor or not.

Midtown West was rammed this morning with people there to pick up the free Tec #27 reprint from DC. Not sure if a free book can be counted as 'heating up', but man, it was a frenzy!

just go to Barnes and Noble instead and pick up a stack of them

For folks who still have PowerUp Rewards points to redeem at Gamestop, might be worth looking into the Legendary Star Lord #1 Gamestop exclusive. I got mine in the mail yesterday and was surprised to see what some of the completed eBay listings were going for:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=legendary+star+lord+gamestop&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

just go to Barnes and Noble instead and pick up a stack of them

Probably can do that at SDCC too. Every year I go home with 100s of free DC books just for walking by DC's booth. Maybe not 100s, but the stacks sure make my bags heavy.

My LCS gave them away w a Batman anything purchase. A batman mask for $25 and a Batman cape for $75 in purchases. But most wanted that Detective 27 reprint and bought the cheapest back issue possible.