• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

I posed this question on a reply in the General Thread

So when's a team really a team? When individual players are called up, or when they play together?

Like Avengers "We're not a team, we're a ticking time bomb waiting to explode"

Or the Teen Titans....they weren't a team, but were introduced in DC Comics Presents 26.... and an add to show issue one as well (Just Like Annihilation Conquest 6)

It is an interesting question. When was the Avengers team in the movies matched up in the comics. Were Black Widow and Hawkeye ever on the same team as the Hulk ? I'm betting they were at some point but I can't remember it. My money is on Marvel Presents #3 for the most important GotG appearance outside of their 1st appearance in Marvel Super Heroes #18. 2c

I think the Hulk was only considered a team member in the first issue, so no, never a teammate of Black Widow or Hawkeye.

Was reading the Annihilators Rocket & Groot backup stories for the 1st time today and it turns out that Groot from GOTG isn't the same Groot from TTA 13 so.... what is the 1st appearance of the GOTG Groot?

Fair question since the reason the Hulk Annual #5 isn't taking off is that the Groot in the story was just a robot, so if the Groot in TTA13 isn't the same Groot we all know from GOTG, yeah this is gonna go around in circles

Marvel's wiki says TTA #13. Of course, the first appearance of a character from a race that could essentially be a cutting off a fellow member of the species could complicate things a bit.

It's like how New Mutants 98 is the 1st Domino but not the real Domino, or how Strange Tales 114 is the 1st SA Captain America but not the real Cap

So everyone paying out the wazoo for TTA 13 got swindled! It's not the same Groot. Suckers

after watching gotg i believe annihilation conquest 6 should be more coveted by collectors that issue 1 of the 2008 series.

ween usually your picks are on the fringe. I do enjoy them and always look into them because you cover all the angles

For modern GOTG books I agree with this and also agree with the annihilation starlord # 1 recently looked thru all 3 books and AS1 is for sure the first time the new team meet and where all together. This should be the modern to own.

A lot of these issues concerning the GOTG have been discussed here and in other threads and a lot of people have put forth some smart ideas concerning the key GOTG comics. The reason I bring up Annihilation Conquest 6 again is because of this. If you have not seen the film what follows is def a film spoiler so be warned:

The end of the film is almost right out of the Annihilation 6 comic. The group becomes a team and are on the Milano wearing the familiar blue uniforms as in the comic and RR has planted Groot just like he does in the comic. I understand why some do not see AQ 6 as the first appearance of the modern GOTG but after watching the film I think at the very list that comic is a major key issue.

Was reading the Annihilators Rocket & Groot backup stories for the 1st time today and it turns out that Groot from GOTG isn't the same Groot from TTA 13 so.... what is the 1st appearance of the GOTG Groot?

Fair question since the reason the Hulk Annual #5 isn't taking off is that the Groot in the story was just a robot, so if the Groot in TTA13 isn't the same Groot we all know from GOTG, yeah this is gonna go around in circles

Care to elaborate? :popcorn:

Does it specifically state they are two completely different "Groots"?

He's apparently a sapling that spawned off from the old Groot, and there's a ton of other Groots yelling 'I am Groot" in the story

Does it specifically state they are two completely different "Groots"?

He's apparently a sapling that spawned off from the old Groot, and there's a ton of other Groots yelling 'I am Groot" in the story

So he was like an arm branch in TTA 13.

Same difference.

haha

But honestly, that is a bit interesting...