• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

I posed this question on a reply in the General Thread

So when's a team really a team? When individual players are called up, or when they play together?

Like Avengers "We're not a team, we're a ticking time bomb waiting to explode"

Or the Teen Titans....they weren't a team, but were introduced in DC Comics Presents 26.... and an add to show issue one as well (Just Like Annihilation Conquest 6)

It is an interesting question. When was the Avengers team in the movies matched up in the comics. Were Black Widow and Hawkeye ever on the same team as the Hulk ? I'm betting they were at some point but I can't remember it. My money is on Marvel Presents #3 for the most important GotG appearance outside of their 1st appearance in Marvel Super Heroes #18. 2c

I have to agree that Marvel presents 3 is very important. The problem is, it doesnt start with " guardians of the galaxy" Neither does marvel Two-in-one 5.

Yeah MSH 18 doesnt start with guardians either, but its the 1st app so it doesnt matter. People will find and seek out that book. The others will take some time. Their 2nd app in MTIO 5 is overlooked alot. Their first true " series" was Marvel Presents 3-12 which IMO is the most overlooked and undervalued Guardians books out there. Why a Copy of # 1 of the 1990 series can be more desired than MP 3? Because Its considered their 1st series, and when people look for guardians of the galaxy, it gets more hits that most other books.

I recently purchased 3 copies of MP 3 from an online retailer for $8 each in around 7.0. Meanwhile VF copies of the 1st series were for sale at $10+ on this same site. Shame.

Superman Batman Annual #4

Lookin' good Bubba, lookin' good. :grin:

That is actually quite cheap for that book

Yeah, but it has one spine ding at the ULC (that actually looks production related, but I haven't seen enough of them to support that).

How many ebay accounts do you have?

Well, one contributor to Forbes is saying that critics are calling it "possibly" the best, without citing any actual critics.

I have to disagree. It wasn't awful, but it's closer to the bottom of Marvel's productions. It felt more like a batch of one-liners and action that they cobbled together with a plot that isn't particularly innovative. The villains were a little too comic-booky for a movie (or not comic-booky enough; they could have pushed it and just ran with silliness).

Wow, closer to the bottom?!!!??!

I will respectfully, heartily, disagree.

To each his own.

I loved it.

I loved it. It's now my #2 Marvel film behind Avengers. It's at 92% on rotten tomatoes right now. See it IMAX 3D if you get a chance. Best 3D I've ever seen.

I'll have to disagree with the 3D statement but I don't think I saw it in IMAX(?).

But it was a pretty cool movie! Best one in a while.

It felt more like a batch of one-liners and action that they cobbled together with a plot that isn't particularly innovative. The villains were a little too comic-booky for a movie (or not comic-booky enough; they could have pushed it and just ran with silliness).

so exactly like the Avengers then.

Bingo! (thumbs u

So when's a team really a team? When individual players are called up, or when they play together?

Or the Teen Titans....they weren't a team, but were introduced in DC Comics Presents 26.... and an add to show issue one as well (Just Like Annihilation Conquest 6)

It is an interesting question. When was the Avengers team in the movies matched up in the comics. Were Black Widow and Hawkeye ever on the same team as the Hulk ? I'm betting they were at some point but I can't remember it. My money is on Marvel Presents #3 for the most important GotG appearance outside of their 1st appearance in Marvel Super Heroes #18. 2c

I have to agree that Marvel presents 3 is very important. The problem is, it doesnt start with " guardians of the galaxy" Neither does marvel Two-in-one 5.

Yeah MSH 18 doesnt start with guardians either, but its the 1st app so it doesnt matter. People will find and seek out that book. The others will take some time. Their 2nd app in MTIO 5 is overlooked alot. Their first true " series" was Marvel Presents 3-12 which IMO is the most overlooked and undervalued Guardians books out there. Why a Copy of # 1 of the 1990 series can be more desired than MP 3? Because Its considered their 1st series, and when people look for guardians of the galaxy, it gets more hits that most other books.

I recently purchased 3 copies of MP 3 from an online retailer for $8 each in around 7.0. Meanwhile VF copies of the 1st series were for sale at $10+ on this same site. Shame.

I'm gonna have to disagree here. From what I've seen that book is not even remotely desirable. I see stacks of them for $3 at any given LCS that haven't moved at all, even with the movie hype. Two completely different teams, and nobody seems to care about the old one. 2c

When was the Avengers team in the movies matched up in the comics. Were Black Widow and Hawkeye ever on the same team as the Hulk ? I'm betting they were at some point but I can't remember it.

-----

Unless that happened at some point in the last 15 years I'm pretty sure the answer is "no". Hulk was gone pretty early in the Avengers.

I'm gonna have to disagree here. From what I've seen that book is not even remotely desirable. I see stacks of them for $3 at any given LCS that haven't moved at all, even with the movie hype. Two completely different teams, and nobody seems to care about the old one. 2c

I don't see MP 3 sitting around anymore. Heck, I was getting $20+ for VF type copies HERE in January or so. MP 3 sells on ebay decently as does the set:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=marvel+presents+guardians+3&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Not huge money, but a lot of sales of non-NM copies in the $10-$25 range.

Individual issues outside of #3 seem to sell too, in the $3-$5 range, I guess people filling in a hole in the set.

What if Abnett chose to use Grogg, Moomba, The Blip or some other Marvel pre-hero era monster instead of Groot? Just thinkin out loud

While my wallet appreciates all these books popping as I am a hoarder of obscure 1st appearaces, it's getting nuts.Time to hoard copies of Defenders 51 (1st Lunatik) given that it is one of the few Marvel characters that DC actually copied the look of and (then Marvel re-copied Lobo when they came out with a different Lunatik 15 years later...), honestly, I think Marvel could have/would have done a lot more with him had he not been an obscure Defenders nemesis. Of course, after that gets hot the Creatures on the Loose pre-Lunatik issues will be considered earlier appearances..

How is Batman Superman Annual #4 the "first appearance" of anything?

You've got the Batman Beyond comic which predates everything, but not in DC continuity....then you've got Batman #700 which is the first comic appearance.

The new 52: Future's end is purportedly the first comic with Terry in step with the DC mainstream continuity.

So what gives with the annual?

What if Abnett chose to use Grogg, Moomba, The Blip or some other Marvel pre-hero era monster instead of Groot? Just thinkin out loud

While my wallet appreciates all these books popping as I am a hoarder of obscure 1st appearaces, it's getting nuts.Time to hoard copies of Defenders 51 (1st Lunatik) given that it is one of the few Marvel characters that DC actually copied the look of and (then Marvel re-copied Lobo when they came out with a different Lunatik 15 years later...), honestly, I think Marvel could have/would have done a lot more with him had he not been an obscure Defenders nemesis. Of course, after that gets hot the Creatures on the Loose pre-Lunatik issues will be considered earlier appearances..

I still pick up high grade copies of Man-Thing #3 when I find 'em, 1st Foolkiller, because you never know

Somebody cares to the tune of $269 :grin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Presents-3-CGC-9-6-Marvel-1st-Solo-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Comic-Book-/201127449299?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ed42152d3