• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,809 posts in this topic

Avengers Assemble #1

sure, within the last 15 years pretty much every hero in the marvel universe has been an avenger at some point. i guess they all needed that $50K a year and dental Spidey was salivating over back in 1983 or whatever.

How is Batman Superman Annual #4 the "first appearance" of anything?

You've got the Batman Beyond comic which predates everything, but not in DC continuity....then you've got Batman #700 which is the first comic appearance.

The new 52: Future's end is purportedly the first comic with Terry in step with the DC mainstream continuity.

So what gives with the annual?

It has a cool cover?

Interestingly I don't see any CGC copies up. I wonder what it says on there? It seems like some sellers are just putting it out there with the "1st batman beyond" in the description and shooting for $50.

I need to find some old Marvel western comic with a guy with bushy sideburns and sell it as "1st logan"

Avengers Assemble #1

sure, within the last 15 years pretty much every hero in the marvel universe has been an avenger at some point. i guess they all needed that $50K a year and dental Spidey was salivating over back in 1983 or whatever.

lol

So when's a team really a team? When individual players are called up, or when they play together?

My money is on Marvel Presents #3 for the most important GotG appearance outside of their 1st appearance in Marvel Super Heroes #18. 2c

I have to agree that Marvel presents 3 is very important. The problem is, it doesnt start with " guardians of the galaxy" Neither does marvel Two-in-one 5.

Yeah MSH 18 doesnt start with guardians either, but its the 1st app so it doesnt matter. People will find and seek out that book. The others will take some time. Their 2nd app in MTIO 5 is overlooked alot. Their first true " series" was Marvel Presents 3-12 which IMO is the most overlooked and undervalued Guardians books out there. Why a Copy of # 1 of the 1990 series can be more desired than MP 3? Because Its considered their 1st series, and when people look for guardians of the galaxy, it gets more hits that most other books.

I recently purchased 3 copies of MP 3 from an online retailer for $8 each in around 7.0. Meanwhile VF copies of the 1st series were for sale at $10+ on this same site. Shame.

Recommend restocking on Marvel Presents #3 as Marvel released a 2014 promo poster of their 100th Anniversary that shows the old MP 3 GotG team side by side with new team (Rocket, Groot, Gamora, Drax) battling Galactus. :golfclap:

Like other toy inserts, it's hard to find in NM condition, but the last time I checked, it wasn't $75 tough.

That seller for years has priced his books well above going value. It seems to work for him, but I wouldn't ever use him as a price evaluation.

How is Batman Superman Annual #4 the "first appearance" of anything?

You've got the Batman Beyond comic which predates everything, but not in DC continuity....then you've got Batman #700 which is the first comic appearance.

The new 52: Future's end is purportedly the first comic with Terry in step with the DC mainstream continuity.

So what gives with the annual?

Batman Beyond first appears in regular continuity in Superman/Batman Annual 4. That book was released a week before Batman 700.

Print runs according to comichron:

Superman/Batman Annual 4 - 33,240

Batman 700 - 104,755

Superman/Batman Annual 4 (2nd print) - 3,983

Avengers Assemble #1

lol

THAT's what I remember from a comic I read 30 years ago. fifty grand, WOW!

If I had $30 or whatever it costs to see a movie nowadays I'd take my 9 year old. Maybe I can con my mother into taking us.

The above statement is so sad.

lol:sorry: but, lol

(I can tease because my oldest starts college next month and it's on our dime! :cry: )

:eek:O ya, isn't University like 60 grand a year in the States? :eek:

I posed this question on a reply in the General Thread

So when's a team really a team? When individual players are called up, or when they play together?

Like Avengers "We're not a team, we're a ticking time bomb waiting to explode"

Or the Teen Titans....they weren't a team, but were introduced in DC Comics Presents 26.... and an add to show issue one as well (Just Like Annihilation Conquest 6)

It is an interesting question. When was the Avengers team in the movies matched up in the comics. Were Black Widow and Hawkeye ever on the same team as the Hulk ? I'm betting they were at some point but I can't remember it. My money is on Marvel Presents #3 for the most important GotG appearance outside of their 1st appearance in Marvel Super Heroes #18. 2c

I have to agree that Marvel presents 3 is very important. The problem is, it doesnt start with " guardians of the galaxy" Neither does marvel Two-in-one 5.

Yeah MSH 18 doesnt start with guardians either, but its the 1st app so it doesnt matter. People will find and seek out that book. The others will take some time. Their 2nd app in MTIO 5 is overlooked alot. Their first true " series" was Marvel Presents 3-12 which IMO is the most overlooked and undervalued Guardians books out there. Why a Copy of # 1 of the 1990 series can be more desired than MP 3? Because Its considered their 1st series, and when people look for guardians of the galaxy, it gets more hits that most other books.

I recently purchased 3 copies of MP 3 from an online retailer for $8 each in around 7.0. Meanwhile VF copies of the 1st series were for sale at $10+ on this same site. Shame.

I'm gonna have to disagree here. From what I've seen that book is not even remotely desirable. I see stacks of them for $3 at any given LCS that haven't moved at all, even with the movie hype. Two completely different teams, and nobody seems to care about the old one. 2c

Somebody cares to the tune of $269 :grin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Presents-3-CGC-9-6-Marvel-1st-Solo-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Comic-Book-/201127449299?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ed42152d3

Wow! Also I should have specified, i meant the GOTG 1. I had no idea mp3 was seeing that much action though!

My money is on Marvel Presents #3 for the most important GotG appearance outside of their 1st appearance in Marvel Super Heroes #18. 2c

Recommend restocking on Marvel Presents #3 as Marvel released a 2014 promo poster of their 100th Anniversary that shows the old MP 3 GotG team side by side with new team (Rocket, Groot, Gamora, Drax) battling Galactus. :golfclap:

Yup, it happened in the 100th anni guardians issue, cowritten by Andy Lanning (thumbs u

Silver Galactus! lol

Or the Teen Titans....they weren't a team, but were introduced in DC Comics Presents 26.... and an add to show issue one as well (Just Like Annihilation Conquest 6)

It is an interesting question. When was the Avengers team in the movies matched up in the comics. Were Black Widow and Hawkeye ever on the same team as the Hulk ? I'm betting they were at some point but I can't remember it. My money is on Marvel Presents #3 for the most important GotG appearance outside of their 1st appearance in Marvel Super Heroes #18. 2c

I'm gonna have to disagree here. From what I've seen that book is not even remotely desirable. I see stacks of them for $3 at any given LCS that haven't moved at all, even with the movie hype. Two completely different teams, and nobody seems to care about the old one. 2c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Presents-3-CGC-9-6-Marvel-1st-Solo-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Comic-Book-/201127449299?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ed42152d3

Wow! Also I should have specified, i meant the GOTG 1. I had no idea mp3 was seeing that much action though!

Haha, sorry, I misunderstood. :foryou:

I liked the GotG volume 1 but I think I'm in the minority. It is definitely a product of the 90's. lol

Edited by The Authority

Haha, sorry, I misunderstood. :foryou:

I liked the GotG volume 1 but I think I'm in the minority. It is definitely a product of the 90's. lol

the last few issues of that series can be tough to find