• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,806 posts in this topic

Superman Batman Annual #4

Lookin' good Bubba, lookin' good. :grin:

That is actually quite cheap for that book

Actually it looks like it's gone down a little. It used to be a solid $25 book, now more like $15-20.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=superman+batman+annual+4&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

it used to sell for 40 to 50 dollars

I posed this question on a reply in the General Thread

So when's a team really a team? When individual players are called up, or when they play together?

Like Avengers "We're not a team, we're a ticking time bomb waiting to explode"

Or the Teen Titans....they weren't a team, but were introduced in DC Comics Presents 26.... and an add to show issue one as well (Just Like Annihilation Conquest 6)

It is an interesting question. When was the Avengers team in the movies matched up in the comics. Were Black Widow and Hawkeye ever on the same team as the Hulk ? I'm betting they were at some point but I can't remember it. My money is on Marvel Presents #3 for the most important GotG appearance outside of their 1st appearance in Marvel Super Heroes #18. 2c

I have to agree that Marvel presents 3 is very important. The problem is, it doesnt start with " guardians of the galaxy" Neither does marvel Two-in-one 5.

Yeah MSH 18 doesnt start with guardians either, but its the 1st app so it doesnt matter. People will find and seek out that book. The others will take some time. Their 2nd app in MTIO 5 is overlooked alot. Their first true " series" was Marvel Presents 3-12 which IMO is the most overlooked and undervalued Guardians books out there. Why a Copy of # 1 of the 1990 series can be more desired than MP 3? Because Its considered their 1st series, and when people look for guardians of the galaxy, it gets more hits that most other books.

I recently purchased 3 copies of MP 3 from an online retailer for $8 each in around 7.0. Meanwhile VF copies of the 1st series were for sale at $10+ on this same site. Shame.

I'm gonna have to disagree here. From what I've seen that book is not even remotely desirable. I see stacks of them for $3 at any given LCS that haven't moved at all, even with the movie hype. Two completely different teams, and nobody seems to care about the old one. 2c

Somebody cares to the tune of $269 :grin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Presents-3-CGC-9-6-Marvel-1st-Solo-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Comic-Book-/201127449299?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ed42152d3

Wow! Also I should have specified, i meant the GOTG 1. I had no idea mp3 was seeing that much action though!

Haha, sorry, I misunderstood. :foryou:

I liked the GotG volume 1 but I think I'm in the minority. It is definitely a product of the 90's. lol

the last few issues of that series can be tough to find

I've noticed that too. I'd imagine the cancellation of the series had a lot to do with sales numbers.

That 25.99 looks like a BIN price; auction ended less than a hour of listing. good pick-up for the buyer.

That 25.99 looks like a BIN price; auction ended less than a hour of listing. good pick-up for the buyer.

This auction hit my saved items list but I followed up on it a tad bit too late as well. Congrats to the buyer and boo on the seller. There's a ton of cash left on the table on this one.

This auction hit my saved items list but I followed up on it a tad bit too late as well. Congrats to the buyer and boo on the seller. There's a ton of cash left on the table on this one.

Now that GOTG is hotter than ever, its time to send all your lowball offers to everything else :roflmao:

Now that GOTG is hotter than ever, its time to send all your lowball offers to everything else :roflmao:

Good thinking :fear:

Edited by The Authority

Seen GOTG matinee today. Have to say the hype is warranted, loved every minute of it. Never thought I would ever enjoy talking raccoon and a tree as much as i did. Howard end scene was priceless, but best scene was "I need that guys eye" LMAO still as I type this!

Seen GOTG matinee today. Have to say the hype is warranted, loved every minute of it. Never thought I would ever enjoy talking raccoon and a tree as much as i did. Howard end scene was priceless, but best scene was "I need that guys eye" LMAO still as I type this!

I liked the leg prosthetic one as well...... lol

I liked the leg prosthetic one as well...... lol

Seeing Eson the Searcher the tear it up was pretty sick too!

I loved Groot's reaction after he beats the hell out of the walls of the ship with Ronan's guys with his arms. I laughed out loud when Groot turned around to the gang. GREAT Movie! FWIW, it's not Modern, but I ran a Rocket Raccoon #1 9.8 last week and it went for $320, highest sale on that book that I know of, so things are definitely heating up in GOTG land.

Wow - that's solid. That recent sale at $46 also called it a VF, and mentioned the cover creases.

Guess I should have made more of an effort to get more copies! At least I do have one legitimate 9.8 candidate - will be very interesting to see what this book commands in grade. I have never seen a print run as thoroughly jacked as this one.

Just read #1 last night. It was pretty good.

Was one of those sci-fi/fantasy style comics where they just throw you into the world, mention a whole bunch of weirdo terms without explaining anything, and you really just have to read on to figure the world out.

From the letter page, it seems like Remender has been working on this for a while, and is in it for the long haul. Should have picked up some extras.

Just read #1 last night. It was pretty good.

Was one of those sci-fi/fantasy style comics where they just throw you into the world, mention a whole bunch of weirdo terms without explaining anything, and you really just have to read on to figure the world out.

From the letter page, it seems like Remender has been working on this for a while, and is in it for the long haul. Should have picked up some extras.

No wonder most of the copies I ordered were canceled. Bought a ton of them from various ebayers and I think one person actually sent me my order.