• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

Not really sure what you're referring to. It's not a buying and selling group for one. Two, if you're referring to the Scalped issue you're taking it out of context like many did on here.

Its not a buying and selling group? The first post on the main page is the site owner running a raffle. Plenty of buying and selling goes on there, either through private sales, ebay listings or via links to the buy/sell/trade sub-forum on the blowout cards forum.

Also lol at the site's owners and mods crapping on Indy for posting links to his external site where he features book speculation. That guy has made hundreds if not thousands of dollars for many members of that group. Similarly linguini and larry have been treated like garbage there, as has that topher guy from investcomics.

But yes please tell me again how that board is entirely credible. Oh wait, you're a moderator there...don't even bother.

I'm a moderator over there. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have, because this garbage you wrote is so far off base that it's comical. Let me address some of your nonsense here.

Anyone that joins our groups knows we have fun mostly and just b.s. about comics and speculation. i've gone on the record about what nonsense that wolverine test tube spec was, but fact of the matter is a member there pointed out relevant info no matter how silly i and others think it is. also it didn't start to take off on ebay until whoever the hack is over at bleeding cool boosted the info a few days later and wrote a story on it.

we have fun over there and the cynical cry babies like you are kept to a minimum. we use real names over there and a lot of great relationships are made. it's a hell of a group. people share stories and photos of comics and their collections. it's a great source of information.

indy/pinky got grief for posting his blog link cause he didn't ask for permission first and just started spamming it, it nothing more nothing less. jimmy, dakoit, hokness, tony chu, topher, and others are welcomed with open arms and are freely allowed to post links to their blogs. all they had to do was ask first and make sure it was okay.

indy/pinky i'm sure will be able to do the same with a little communication and forewarning in the future.

also what's wrong with having a b/s/t forum? that's what makes this hobby fun is it not? i've met some great people and made some awesome trades.

Raffles are just something that is done for fun every so often, and most members get a kick out of it. Winning a CGC 9.6 Batman Adventures #12 for a 20.00 gamble?

the deal with the scalped issue is a joke at this point. we can't help what people do with the info, no more than members here can help what happens to spec info posted. all the site owner did was link a comment that latour made about working with the aaron on scalped that lead to them coming up with the idea for southern bastards. no one ever said hey look it's the 1st app of earl tubbs. old news.

you sure know a lot about our groups so you must lurk and troll over there often. what is the most funny is that all the guys you mention like jimmy and larry post over there often and have a good time. they have mentioned numerous times how much more they enjoy it over there than here for the facts i mentioned above. it's funny you say larry is treated like there, when it would impossible for him to get more mess than he does in these forums. we've even had some talks with larry about doing our own variant for the groups just for fun.

we've raised money for members, and picked up members when they were down. we've ran drives to send comics to our troops, and are always looking for cool things to contribute and help the hobby. not sure what your vendetta is about the group but get over yourself dude.

feel free to ask me any questions you got.

Edited by Mike-Honcho

The title of this thread is Moderns that are heating up on Ebay.

Can you & anyone else involved go and start a new thread, maybe

"The b1tch about anyone and everyone thread"

and let us get this one back on track

Not really sure what you're referring to. It's not a buying and selling group for one. Two, if you're referring to the Scalped issue you're taking it out of context like many did on here.

Its not a buying and selling group? The first post on the main page is the site owner running a raffle. Plenty of buying and selling goes on there, either through private sales, ebay listings or via links to the buy/sell/trade sub-forum on the blowout cards forum.

Also lol at the site's owners and mods crapping on Indy for posting links to his external site where he features book speculation. That guy has made hundreds if not thousands of dollars for many members of that group. Similarly linguini and larry have been treated like garbage there, as has that topher guy from investcomics.

But yes please tell me again how that board is entirely credible. Oh wait, you're a moderator there...don't even bother.

I'm a moderator over there. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have, because this garbage you wrote is so far off base that it's comical. Let me address some of your nonsense here.

Anyone that joins our groups knows we have fun mostly and just b.s. about comics and speculation. i've gone on the record about what nonsense that wolverine test tube spec was, but fact of the matter is a member there pointed out relevant info no matter how silly i and others think it is. also it didn't start to take off on ebay until whoever the hack is over at bleeding cool boosted the info a few days later and wrote a story on it.

we have fun over there and the cynical cry babies like you are kept to a minimum. we use real names over there and a lot of great relationships are made. it's a hell of a group. people share stories and photos of comics and their collections. it's a great source of information.

indy/pinky got grief for posting his blog link cause he didn't ask for permission first and just started spamming it, it nothing more nothing less. jimmy, dakoit, hokness, tony chu, topher, and others are welcomed with open arms and are freely allowed to post links to their blogs. all they had to do was ask first and make sure it was okay.

indy/pinky i'm sure will be able to do the same with a little communication and forewarning in the future.

also what's wrong with having a b/s/t forum? that's what makes this hobby fun is it not? i've met some great people and made some awesome trades.

Raffles are just something that is done for fun every so often, and most members get a kick out of it. Winning a CGC 9.6 Batman Adventures #12 for a 20.00 gamble?

the deal with the scalped issue is a joke at this point. we can't help what people do with the info, no more than members here can help what happens to spec info posted. all the site owner did was link a comment that latour made about working with the aaron on scalped that lead to them coming up with the idea for southern bastards. no one ever said hey look it's the 1st app of earl tubbs. old news.

you sure know a lot about our groups so you must lurk and troll over there often. what is the most funny is that all the guys you mention like jimmy and larry post over there often and have a good time. they have mentioned numerous times how much more they enjoy it over there than here for the facts i mentioned above. it's funny you say larry is treated like there, when it would impossible for him to get more mess than he does in these forums. we've even had some talks with larry about doing our own variant for the groups just for fun.

we've raised money for members, and picked up members when they were down. we've ran drives to send comics to our troops, and are always looking for cool things to contribute and help the hobby. not sure what your vendetta is about the group but get over yourself dude.

Ain't got no time for that!

There's not much useful information on there anymore. It seems that the people that had any useful information got sick of lurkers taking their tips and took the real info to a private sub forum. Now it appears the main forum is a tool to pump books after the sub forum folks have stocked up - just like here lol

There's not much useful information on there anymore. It seems that the people that had any useful information got sick of lurkers taking their tips and took the real info to a private sub forum. Now it appears the main forum is a tool to pump books after the sub forum folks have stocked up - just like here lol

Sounds like it. I just got a PM saying I was mentioned there and they are taking jabs at me on their site. I don't get it. I pointed out the name of their group because someone here asked for it and I'm now public enemy #1 or maybe #2 as they named someone else. lol

I didn't say anything about their site in particular. I stated the 3 sites I like the most. (shrug) Now I'm apparently hiding...from comic book collectors ! :roflmao: Sorry, those guys will have to get in line behind the local motorcycle gang, sewing circle, and the chess club.

The title of this thread is Moderns that are heating up on Ebay.

Can you & anyone else involved go and start a new thread, maybe

"The b1tch about anyone and everyone thread"

and let us get this one back on track

Still hot :baiting:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-80-1994-Marvel-1st-Appearance-X-23-Test-Tube-First-VF-NM-Rare-L-K-/151429382550?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2341e50196

Sounds like it. I just got a PM saying I was mentioned there and they are taking jabs at me on their site. I don't get it. I pointed out the name of their group because someone here asked for it and I'm now public enemy #1 or maybe #2 as they named someone else. lol

I didn't say anything about their site in particular. I stated the 3 sites I like the most. (shrug) Now I'm apparently hiding...from comic book collectors ! :roflmao: Sorry, those guys will have to get in line behind the local motorcycle gang, sewing circle, and the chess club.

u use chess with friends?

Edited by MrWeen

u use chess with friends?

Uh-oh :o

...Sorry, those guys will have to get in line behind the local motorcycle gang, sewing circle, and the chess club.

We've forgiven that debt. You're all good with the Hells Seamstresses.

Edited by AntBrown

...Sorry, those guys will have to get in line behind the local motorcycle gang, sewing circle, and the chess club.

We've forgiven that debt. You're all good with the Hells Seamstresses.

Well, there is one I can cross off my list. :whee:

That's what I was told, multiple times at Baltimore Comicon.

There are apparently now two sites, one public & one private.

CBSI is a much nicer community than CGC.

Edited by LarrysComics

The end is near......... but to be honest I get a lot of chuckles from some of the posts on every comic book forum. I just hope some of the people who post their specs are not really being serious................

This other site sounds like Fight Club, someone broke rule #1

Ah the secret rooms and societies of the chat boards! If these special clubs are the ones who generated the X-Force 2 farce then I'll pass. People want to sell a bunch of those comics and claim in their titles and descriptions that it's Deadpool's second appearance are simply helping to line their pockets through more erroneous info. It's a second cover appearance, 2nd appearance within a narrative, first appearance of Garrison Kane, 3rd Deadpool appearance. And yes I'm posting copper talk in the modern room. I hear there's a secret, secret private thread over there that was spawned by members of the first secret thread created last December. I hear it's like a dream within a dream and that's too much for me.

Edited by MrWeen