• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

Sorry Larry. I honestly don't remember.

100% agree. There are a ton of these, and this is in no way X-23's first app. I read somwhere that that test tube was just coincidence.
lol that test tube BS and people putting it in their sale title is a great way to assemble a list of sellers I dont want to buy from.

It's a like a hype/pump detector.

"read somwhere that that test tube was just coincidence"

link or proof please...

Really sounds like too much of a coinky-dinky to me . . . :grin:

It is too much of a coincidence.

Whoever created the physical female form of X-23 really knew wolverines backstory and pulled " X-23" directly out of wolverine # 80, I don't see how it could have happened any other way.

Just FYI, X-23 was created for the TV show X-Men Evolution. The episode was written by Craig Kyle and Chris Yost. Neither of these guys wrote NYX #3, but they both wrote 'X-23' (2005), her first ongoing series which developed her backstory and origin.

As you say, It's highly unlikely they pulled the number 23 out of thin air. It's hard to think that anyone could remember a single, throwaway panel, but these guys would have done their homework.

It's a cool little retrospective easter egg if you're an X-23 fan.

I've never read anything with X-23, but perhaps "23" refers to the number of pairs of chromosomes in human DNA, and is therefore not a random number being selected. (Also note that the 23rd pair is what determines sex; a female has two Xs and a male a Y and an X.)

100% agree. There are a ton of these, and this is in no way X-23's first app. I read somwhere that that test tube was just coincidence.
lol that test tube BS and people putting it in their sale title is a great way to assemble a list of sellers I dont want to buy from.

link or proof please...

Whoever created the physical female form of X-23 really knew wolverines backstory and pulled " X-23" directly out of wolverine # 80, I don't see how it could have happened any other way.

Just FYI, X-23 was created for the TV show X-Men Evolution. The episode was written by Craig Kyle and Chris Yost. Neither of these guys wrote NYX #3, but they both wrote 'X-23' (2005), her first ongoing series which developed her backstory and origin.

As you say, It's highly unlikely they pulled the number 23 out of thin air. It's hard to think that anyone could remember a single, throwaway panel, but these guys would have done their homework.

I've never read anything with X-23, but perhaps "23" refers to the number of pairs of chromosomes in human DNA, and is therefore not a random number being selected. (Also note that the 23rd pair is what determines sex; a female has two Xs and a male a Y and an X.)

Which even makes it cooler . . . :cool: (thumbs u

don't worry about it.

I'm guessing there's a cartoon under development. You'll have your day

Figment has sold well at the fall shows. #1 for $12, #2 for $10, #3 for $8 and #4 for $6. I am down to just one set of #1-4 left that I held back, and maybe one extra copy of #1 that I had in the wrong box.

Figment has sold well at the fall shows. #1 for $12, #2 for $10, #3 for $8 and #4 for $6. I am down to just one set of #1-4 left that I held back, and maybe one extra copy of #1 that I had in the wrong box.

Oh forget it, I sold a few #1 & 2s for 15 a pop when they came out, but held 3 sets as I was absolutely sure they will bring at least 50$ as a set..

eeeeeee ... wrong!

link or proof please...

Makes sense. If anyone bumps into X-23's creators at a con, ask them. :grin:

I can imagine the winner of this comic being happy.

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?NewsletterNewsArticleID=2818&utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=14-CG-0342%20--%20October%202014%20eNews%20(Actual%20Blast)&utm_content=&spMailingID=9627037&spUserID=NTQwMzc3MTQ1MjkS1&spJobID=400606244&spReportId=NDAwNjA2MjQ0S0

Static #1 should be on the rise

That "article" about Static being made into a movie sounded more like an April Fool's joke...unfortunately it isn't real. Just a rant about someone pissed why Static ISN"T a movie.

Static: Weird Article

The only Static issues I would ever buy are 44,45.

Edited by MrWeen

Static #1 should be on the rise

That "article" about Static being made into a movie sounded more like an April Fool's joke...unfortunately it isn't real. Just a rant about someone pissed why Static ISN"T a movie.

Static: Weird Article

The only Static issues I would ever buy are 44,45.

Put me down for #46. I'll buy them all.

Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #23 variant is on fire!!!!!!! Will this cross over to the Miracleman # 12 Hughes variant?

Edited by THB