• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Civil War 3 1st cameo & Civil War 4 1st full appearance of Ragnarok. Wait for it.....

You think the character is going to appear in the movie? The releases seem to point to the storyline from two years prior and not some clone.

This guy seems to think so

http://collider.com/thor-3-title-ragnarok/

His update at the end of the article is more telling, IMO.

I'd place a safe bet on both happening

Bizarro Superman in a marvel movie.

yes the new thor movie has potential.

lol

I just want the psycho 1950's Captain America to show up eventually

I would LOVE to see that. hm

Was the first Cap storyline I remember reading as kid and love when they would bring him back every 10 years. It was mentioned earlier this year as an idea they were toying with for the 3rd Cap movie. Well, he was in post-Civil War books.

Marvel can do no wrong with the movies, I expect to be Wow'd

Bizarro Superman in a marvel movie.

yes the new thor movie has potential.

lol

I just want the psycho 1950's Captain America to show up eventually

I would LOVE to see that. hm

Was the first Cap storyline I remember reading as kid and love when they would bring him back every 10 years. It was mentioned earlier this year as an idea they were toying with for the 3rd Cap movie. Well, he was in post-Civil War books.

Marvel can do no wrong with the movies, I expect to be Wow'd

Truth: Red White and Black, captain america would be better

Captain Marvel #1 (2012 series)

get the rarest variant :gossip:

Thankfully there's only 3 1st print covers total. Whew

I believe it was Avenging Spider-man #9 where Carol Danvers appeared first as Captain Marvel. It shares the same published date with Captain Marvel #1 (2012) series but was released first.

Avenging Spider-man #9 - July 11, 2012

http://marvel.wikia.com/Avenging_Spider-Man_Vol_1_9

Captain Marvel vol 7 #1 - July 18, 2012

http://marvel.wikia.com/Captain_Marvel_Vol_7_1

Aside from Avenging Spider-man #9 a preview already have her as Captain Marvel.

Summer of Spider-man Sampler #1 - June 1, 2012

http://www.comicvine.com/the-summer-of-spider-man-sampler-1-no-turning-back/4000-341123/

Edited by markefrody

I believe it was Avenging Spider-man #9 where Carol Danvers appeared first as Captain Marvel. It shares the same published date with Captain Marvel #1 (2012) series but was released first.

http://www.comicvine.com/the-summer-of-spider-man-sampler-1-no-turning-back/4000-341123/

Interesting.

I think the Ragnarok storyline are the books to hunt.

The print run is scarce, compared to other main titles of the same period, and even shortly after the release they were selling for multiple of cover.

If the movie is finally based on the storyline, it has huge potential

I think the Ragnarok storyline are the books to hunt.

The print run is scarce, compared to other main titles of the same period, and even shortly after the release they were selling for multiple of cover.

If the movie is finally based on the storyline, it has huge potential

agreed.

Interesting.

So the sampler is the first appearance of Danvers as Captain Marvel and her first cover?

Also I don't know if anyone picked up on this yet but it sounds to me like J.A.R.V.I.S./Paul Bettany's voice when Ultron first speaks in that new trailer and it quickly converts to James Spader!

Are people genuinely trying to talk up what is the first book where Carol refers to herself with the name Captain Marvel? WTF...... :facepalm: these boards i tell you

Maybe someone should try to hunt down the OA for the first thought bubble of it. It's bad enough when people chase a first costume book, but have we really come to the point where a character actually not changing in any way other than choosing a slight name adjustment is a book to be covet'd

And for the record, I actually own all the modern Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel books having had them all on my pull list.

The Captain Marvel book if you have read it, is Carol wrestling with the idea of whether she should take the name or not, and whether its right or wrong, and she makes the decision to do so. Anyone trying to look at release dates etc needs to read the book. If you are chasing the costume, maybe you could make some hay out of a release date debate (i dont know), but read the story and there is no doubt which book she decides on the new moniker....

Edited by CBT

read the synopsis of that spider-man book on marvel wiki, says:

"Peter takes a flight with Carol Danvers, the new Captain Marvel"

Her becoming the new Captain Marvel has already occurred right in the description, which happens in Captain Marvel #1, so game, set, match on that debate...

Are people genuinely trying to talk up what is the first book where Carol refers to herself with the name Captain Marvel? WTF...... :facepalm: these boards i tell you

Maybe someone should try to hunt down the OA for the first thought bubble of it. It's bad enough when people chase a first costume book, but have we really come to the point where a character actually not changing in any way other than choosing a slight name adjustment is a book to be covet'd

And for the record, I actually own all the modern Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel books having had them all on my pull list.

The Captain Marvel book if you have read it, is Carol wrestling with the idea of whether she should take the name or not, and whether its right or wrong, and she makes the decision to do so. Anyone trying to look at release dates etc needs to read the book. If you are chasing the costume, maybe you could make some hay out of a release date debate (i dont know), but read the story and there is no doubt which book she decides on the new moniker....

Personally I am not a costume chaser but I see nothing wrong with another reason for people to hunt down certain comics.

I usually just go with what's on the pages and in this case that sampler has her in costume on the cover for the first time.

I'd like to point out that imo, Carol will BE Captain Marvel from the beginning. Having her not be called Ms Marvel is about her not being the "female version" of an existing character.

If I had to guess, they will do the same origin, he will be just his ret-conned Kree name from the beginning Mar-vell, she will take the name Captain Marvel, because she is Captain Carol Danvers, and because she wants to honor Mar-vell who died saving her.

But, as for the comic name change:

just to make sure this debate is fully dead, here are the pages from Captain Marvel that prove it...

150746.jpg.170a09d35421cca9de9cb4aef48948d7.jpg

150748.jpg.7cc1d49804eb70dee5ea9e55ad04f777.jpg

150749.jpg.0dc647feaac9bf7d1ee06034c2b0955d.jpg

Personally I am not a costume chaser but I see nothing wrong with another reason for people to hunt down certain comics.

I usually just go with what's on the pages and in this case that sampler has her in costume on the cover for the first time.

CBT is just easily annoyed. (thumbs u