• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

I was a faithful follower of the new Thor until they turned him into a girl.

Does anyone know if Thor used the same machine Spider-Man did in Secret Wars 8? I do not think it was ever proven that he did or didn't. I'm currently writing a Thor one-shot about the cape and helmet he got from the same room where Spidey acquired the black costume but I would rather not waist my time if this has already been addressed. I can find no information that it has ever been discussed and it seems that some of you are big time Thor readers. I also apologize in advance for :signofftopic:

I was under the impression that Spider-Man used a completely different machine than everyone else.

He uses a machine that Spidey says " looks like it wants to make me a costume." but it was never made clear that Thor used a different machine. We just assume he did. It's also interesting to note that it appears the Hulk used one of the machines too but we never find out why!

Since Hulk specifically says there is a machine that produces clothing and we know Spidey accidentally freed the symbiote from a prison, it's a safe bet that they did not use the same machine.

He uses a machine that Spidey says " looks like it wants to make me a costume." but it was never made clear that Thor used a different machine. We just assume he did. It's also interesting to note that it appears the Hulk used one of the machines too but we never find out why!

SecretWars008-024_zps4d6bad93.jpg

So many years I'd forgotten how much Secret Wars absolutely sucks. Probably would've loved it if I was 6 when it came out and not in high school. Total drek

Does anyone know if Thor used the same machine Spider-Man did in Secret Wars 8? I do not think it was ever proven that he did or didn't. I'm currently writing a Thor one-shot about the cape and helmet he got from the same room where Spidey acquired the black costume but I would rather not waist my time if this has already been addressed. I can find no information that it has ever been discussed and it seems that some of you are big time Thor readers. I also apologize in advance for :signofftopic:

1. "waste" not "waist"

2. I recall someone posting something to the boards regarding a single issue in continuity where this was addressed, maybe some time in the '90s.. I don't remember the series or issue though.

3. Since we all know how you feel about preview appearances, you might want to grab the Valiant 2015 Preview out this week which features some new characters, including one set to get his own series in the spring.

I was under the impression that Spider-Man used a completely different machine than everyone else.

Since Hulk specifically says there is a machine that produces clothing and we know Spidey accidentally freed the symbiote from a prison, it's a safe bet that they did not use the same machine.

Those darn aliens, always putting the clothing machines next to the prison machines! Who knows maybe the clothing Thor made is another symbiote that takes decades to corrupt its host.

Edited by MrWeen

Those darn aliens, always putting the clothing machines next to the prison machines! Who knows maybe the clothing Thor made is another symbiote that takes decades to corrupt its host.

See What If 4 V2

See What If 4 V2

I will def read this again but I do not remember it or the Planet of the Symbiotes series addressing the machines used by Thor or the Hulk. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

1. "waste" not "waist"

2. I recall someone posting something to the boards regarding a single issue in continuity where this was addressed, maybe some time in the '90s.. I don't remember the series or issue though.

3. Since we all know how you feel about preview appearances, you might want to grab the Valiant 2015 Preview out this week which features some new characters, including one set to get his own series in the spring.

+1 for tha grammar police. my bad, sometimes I type recklessly on the can.

1. "waste" not "waist"

+1 for tha grammar police. my bad, sometimes I type recklessly on the can.

It looks like the answer you're looking for (http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7437596&fpart=7) is in the same thread that initially gave you the idea (http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7437596&fpart=6). That is, the idea has been addressed, but I don't know exactly what the outcome is. Maybe grab that issue of Quasar to see if it's too similar to your idea.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

Why the sudden uptick in Runaways 1?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=runaways+1+marvel&_sop=3

Is this the Vaughan effect (Saga, Y The Last Man)

Will his other titles follow suit?

TV show in the works.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/11/marvel-plans-the-runaways-tv-show/

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=runaways+1+marvel&_sop=3

Runaways has always been hot

Ex-Machina #1. Runaways and Ex-Machina have both been optioned at some point.

BKV is underrated I believe. Look at his resume and tell me another Modern writer with as good of a story list.

BKV is underrated I believe. Look at his resume and tell me another Modern writer with as good of a story list.

Are you kidding? BKV is anything but underrated.

According to who? I don't ever hear anyone getting hyped about a BKV comic. Seems to be all about Matt Fraction these days.

According to who? I don't ever hear anyone getting hyped about a BKV comic. Seems to be all about Matt Fraction these days.

You don't remember pre-Saga? Man, The Beatles must be underrated, because it seems to be all about Taylor Swift these days.

Hard to classify him as underrated with 3 Eisners for Best Writer and another 3 for Best Continuing Series on his mantle.

Not to mention the hit series that sells like hot cakes.

What current series, Saga? It's lucky to crack the top 25 in a given month.

Underrated in terms of is he currently the best in the business? There are probably a large stack of Eisner award winners that you have never read. At least I haven't.

Edited by ygogolak