• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

If EOSV 2 becomes a $300 $900 book like ASM 300 BA12

Fixed

... Hey, I said "If"

As in, "If a bullfrog had wings . . . " lol

Speaking of "what if's?", wasn't there a "what if Gwen Stacy got bitten by the radioactive spider?" storyline done in the "what if?" series somewhere? I could swear I remember reading this concept somewhere once before already.

But no, I do not believe this novelty character will have any real "legs" so to speak. Neither esov2 nor hvd 0 represent an actual "first appearance" of anybody regardless. Other than a neat costume there is nothing substantive about either book to sustain them long term. ASM 300 these ain't. Not by a long shot. And I really wish marvel would just let Gwen Stacy stay in the ground already.

-J.

It was Betty Brant from issue 7.

The difference is....

183F125C-A0C5-49C9-9B9D-8625E901F08E_zpslp9ikmvz.jpg

That costume sucked

Sweet Baby Jesus!!! That may be the WORST costume ever! Burn your monitors fellas, it's a mercy, just in case the pixels remember!

If EOSV 2 becomes a $300 $900 book like ASM 300 BA12

Fixed

... Hey, I said "If"

As in, "If a bullfrog had wings . . . " lol

Speaking of "what if's?", wasn't there a "what if Gwen Stacy got bitten by the radioactive spider?" storyline done in the "what if?" series somewhere? I could swear I remember reading this concept somewhere once before already.

But no, I do not believe this novelty character will have any real "legs" so to speak. Neither esov2 nor hvd 0 represent an actual "first appearance" of anybody regardless. Other than a neat costume there is nothing substantive about either book to sustain them long term. ASM 300 these ain't. Not by a long shot. And I really wish marvel would just let Gwen Stacy stay in the ground already.

-J.

It was Betty Brant from issue 7.

The difference is....

183F125C-A0C5-49C9-9B9D-8625E901F08E_zpslp9ikmvz.jpg

That costume sucked

Sweet Baby Jesus!!! That may be the WORST costume ever! Burn your monitors fellas, it's a mercy, just in case the pixels remember!

Holy I think that was it! lol Nailed it! The costume is a little iffy, but under the right circumstances it might could grow on me. ;)

On another note, it probably would have been more interesting (and a more relevant book with a much better shot at staying power) if this character was not "Gwen Stacy" and was in fact a new character the regular MCU. This whole "Spider-Gwen" thing smacks as more of a novelty character, right along with Lady Thor, something akin to stunt casting a show on TV might try to do to spike ratings. By the time Avengers 2 comes out, the real Thor will be holding the hammer again, and "Spider-Gwen" will likely be in the novelty bin. Characters in alternate realities do not often have much staying power.

-J.

[

-J.

That's a pretty unpopular view.

And, I agree. :fear:

My guess is that this hype will last for 6 months to a year, and then the Spider-Gwen concept will track a path similar to Mayday Parker.

Am I the only one who suspects if the new Spider-Gwen sales are very high, as they very may well be, that Marvel will be announcing a feature Spider-Gwen movie to be released within the next 2-3 years? They already have the star, the character is receiving tons of hype, and appeals to both male and female fans (something that may be more powerful than Deadpool when it comes to ticket sales).

Lawsuits would prevent it.

Lawsuit against who?
Sony owns the movie rights to Spiderman/Gwen Stacy. Hard for Marvel to make a movie with a property they don't own the movie rights to.

(thumbs u

If they're looking to hijack the Spidey concept, Silk is the better bet, and, even then, I'd expect Sony to come out swinging.

Am I the only one who suspects if the new Spider-Gwen sales are very high, as they very may well be, that Marvel will be announcing a feature Spider-Gwen movie to be released within the next 2-3 years? They already have the star, the character is receiving tons of hype, and appeals to both male and female fans (something that may be more powerful than Deadpool when it comes to ticket sales).

Yes, a studio is going to put up a few hundred million dollars to fast track a movie based on a character that has existed for a couple of months because her first appearance in comics did 50k in sales.

What planet do you live on man?

Well, so far Spider gwen is off for a very promising start, print runs are about the same 50 to 60k on both BA12 and EOSV2.. So who really knows

EoSV was never in dollar bins. Not yet at least.

Maybe now it would be?

Because 100 copies sold for $5.50 each?

Maybe youre right there are so many modern 3rd prints being sold bulk by the hundred for almost double cover days after theyre being printed

Yes, a studio is going to put up a few hundred million dollars to fast track a movie based on a character that has existed for a couple of months because her first appearance in comics did 50k in sales.

What planet do you live on man?

:roflmao:

I guess I may live on planet me. Very good points, aside from the ones clearly biased by people who just can't stand anything popular because they either missed out or got burned on other books related to Spidey or what have you. Marvel has said they plan to release a film based off of a female character from the Spider-Man series, if not Gwen then who?

I guess I may live on planet me. Very good points, aside from the ones clearly biased by people who just can't stand anything popular because they either missed out or got burned on other books related to Spidey or what have you. Marvel has said they plan to release a film based off of a female character from the Spider-Man series, if not Gwen then who?

Marvel never said that...

Sony did.