• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

Why the sudden uptick in Runaways 1?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=runaways+1+marvel&_sop=3

Is this the Vaughan effect (Saga, Y The Last Man)

Will his other titles follow suit?

TV show in the works.

http://guardianlv.com/2014/11/marvel-plans-the-runaways-tv-show/

Nope, it was at one point, but nothing currently:

When Feige was asked whether the film was just a fanboys’ and girls’ imagination running wild or an actual concept brought to life, he responded by claiming that the -script was still in the “vault” and would probably be turned into an ongoing television series.

Anybody think Roz Solomon is the new Thor? Based on reading the series and talking to a few others I'm fairly certain she is. I'm also pretty sure her first appearance is Thor God of Thunder #12. Just figured I'd put it out there see what you all thought..

Yes & Yes. I picked up a few copies of #12 on the cheap recently, just waiting for the reveal.

I dunno... Might have been tough for her to make it to the moon with her bieng just human and all....

Ever notice Deadpool is dressed like Spider-Gwen in the Axis #5 1:100 Variant

$_57.JPG

That's what Deadpool looks like after the "Inversion" that happened at the end of Axis #1. They are affectionately referring to him at the moment as "Zenpool" and the black / white is more of a yin - yang costume.

Zenpool.jpg

Hard to classify him as underrated with 3 Eisners for Best Writer and another 3 for Best Continuing Series on his mantle.

Not to mention the hit series that sells like hot cakes.

What current series, Saga? It's lucky to crack the top 25 in a given month.

Underrated in terms of is he currently the best in the business? There are probably a large stack of Eisner award winners that you have never read. At least I haven't.

Top 25 would place it among a bunch of Marvel/DC titles and The Walking Dead. Not bad for an indy.

I attended the Eisner's this year and believe me I hadn't read them all either. But I'm not talking about Best Anthology Reprint of Foreign Material in a Digital Medium for Kids Under 12. I'm talking about Best Writer and Best Continuing Series. You'd be hard pressed to find an underrated winner in either category over the last 5 to 10 years.

But enough about awards – I don't think he's over or underrated – I think he gets the due befitting his talent and output.

Your mileage may vary.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=runaways+1+marvel&_sop=3

Runaways has always been hot

Ex-Machina #1. Runaways and Ex-Machina have both been optioned at some point.

BKV is underrated I believe. Look at his resume and tell me another Modern writer with as good of a story list.

Are you kidding? BKV is anything but underrated.

According to who? I don't ever hear anyone getting hyped about a BKV comic. Seems to be all about Matt Fraction these days.

You don't remember pre-Saga? Man, The Beatles must be underrated, because it seems to be all about Taylor Swift these days.

I just passed on a run of 19-series finale of Y the last man all NM at .25 cents a piece. That might have been a mistake.

TV show in the works.

Nope, it was at one point, but nothing currently:

When Feige was asked whether the film was just a fanboys’ and girls’ imagination running wild or an actual concept brought to life, he responded by claiming that the -script was still in the “vault” and would probably be turned into an ongoing television series.

The original plan for Runaways was to be a movie in Phase 3. Actually it is the 1st movie ever mentioned by Kevin Feige over 5 years ago. The -script for Runaways is currently in the Disney vault to be used later. Other movies mentioned were Cloak & Dagger, Moon Knight, Power Pack & a few others which are now movies or TV shows.

Is that the same Disney vault where Little Mermaid and 101 Dalmations come out of and get thrown back in to every 10 years or so?

lol I guess so!! Kevin Feige talked about Runaways after the Phase 3 announcement.

I was wondering whatever happened to The Runaways.

"The Runaways is still an awesome -script that exists in our -script vault, by Drew Pearce. Frankly the best thing that has happened with that -script is that it brought our attention to Drew Pearce, who ended up co-writing Iron Man 3 with Shane Black. We’d love to do something with Runaways some day. In our television and future film discussions, it’s always one that we talk about, because we have a solid draft there. But again, we can’t make them all."

Was Ex Machina ever optioned? I just remember one of the speculator .com sites like a month or two ago saying buy this because it's BKV and the cheapest #1 he has. And then it shot up to like $20.

I believe there is an unrelated show with the same title coming out. This should effectively kill the spec on an over hyped work from a talented writer.

Was Ex Machina ever optioned? I just remember one of the speculator .com sites like a month or two ago saying buy this because it's BKV and the cheapest #1 he has. And then it shot up to like $20.

I believe there is an unrelated show with the same title coming out. This should effectively kill the spec on an over hyped work from a talented writer.

Oh yeah. I do remember that now.

TV show in the works.

Thanks, I didn't know of this until now.

Runaways was a very good read. I think it will translate into a good TV show.