• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

The "destroy" email WAS real. My guy at HT showed it to me as well. Not sure why plans changed after that, but that email exists.

So, you can get a copy to share?

You're right. It was all a scheme to get comic book collectors into Hot Topic to buy skinny jeans and pony sweaters.

The "destroy" email WAS real. My guy at HT showed it to me as well. Not sure why plans changed after that, but that email exists.

You're right. It was all a scheme to get comic book collectors into Hot Topic to buy skinny jeans and pony sweaters.

Is there something wrong with actually wanting proof of what you are saying? You sound awfully defensive right now. :whistle:

Is there something wrong with actually wanting proof of what you are saying? You sound awfully defensive right now. :whistle:

I told people to buy the hot topic variant when it was selling for $30 - long before the recall.

If you go to a hot topic and take a picture of yourself in front of there computer with ANY e-mail on the computer I'll give you $100 US.

I told people to buy the hot topic variant when it was selling for $30 - long before the recall.

If you go to a hot topic and take a picture of yourself in front of there computer with ANY e-mail on the computer I'll give you $100 US.

Jim's right about all this, I called around in my area, and got the same song and dance.

Jim's right about all this, I called around in my area, and got the same song and dance.

'Jim' is actually Al.

Hot Topic variant is still selling briskly in the $50 range. Over 110 listings this morning....its at 90 now. Do a distance nearest check on the sold listings on Ebay........those are the areas that sold them if they were not bought online. Either way this has been interesting to watch.

Edited by THB

Hot Topic variant is still selling briskly in the $50 range. Over 110 listings this morning....its at 90 now. Do a distance nearest check on the sold listings on Ebay........those are the areas that sold them if they were not bought online. Either way this has been interesting to watch.

Not all the stores have received their initial shipments yet.

I'll ask when I see him this week. Cant promise anything. But I'll try.

That would be cool. I'm putting together a blog for this mess and the picture would help. The recent pictures shown are proof enough for me, but the initial email would be interesting nonetheless.

You really don't need proof of the initial email. The picture alludes to the fact they had told them to destroy them initially because it mentions "If your store has not destroyed & discarded the Star Wars Comic.." Making that statement alone proves the initial email had instructed them to do so.

You really don't need proof of the initial email. The picture alludes to the fact they had told them to destroy them initially because it mentions "If your store has not destroyed & discarded the Star Wars Comic.." Making that statement alone proves the initial email had instructed them to do so.

"That would be cool. I'm putting together a blog for this mess and the picture would help. The recent pictures shown are proof enough for me, but the initial email would be interesting nonetheless."

Who said they needed proof of the initial email?