• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Called the hot topic in my area as soon as I heard the information a few days ago.

They had already destroyed and discarded them.

They are unsure if they will get anymore.

Called again today.

Different person, same answer.

Called the hot topic in my area as soon as I heard the information a few days ago.

They had already destroyed and discarded them.

They are unsure if they will get anymore.

Called again today.

Different person, same answer.

Did the same and asked the store manager in my area. Guy looked at a younger kid and asked if he had destroyed them. Kid did the air quotes and said yeah "destroyed" them already boss....

This is ridiculous.. all these HT employees are controlling 80% of the listings on eBay.. Just look at the sellers accounts.. Most have 1 or 2 other items on their page.. including jeans pants and Nikes :facepalm:

No sir.. we're not allowed to sell them.. But we'll try our hardest to flip them!!!!

This is ridiculous.. all these HT employees are controlling 80% of the listings on eBay.. Just look at the sellers accounts.. Most have 1 or 2 other items on their page.. including jeans pants and Nikes :facepalm:

No sir.. we're not allowed to sell them.. But we'll try our hardest to flip them!!!!

Yeah, I think you're right. I have a feeling that most of the "destroyed" copies are at the apartment or in the car trunks of a lot of Hot Topic employees.

I'm sure 80% of the people on ebay that paid the high prices will be Returning them via Ebays new Ez Return system to get there money back.

Ebay for the sellers = Resistance is FUTILE accept the return or be assimilated into the negative feeback zone.

Pur-fect example.. Hers a seller whos sold Shopkins toys for 1-2 dollars in the past month. Boom! Got his/her hands on a HTSW from his/her boss at the shop.. Pimped one for 50 bucks (sold sales history), now going for the kill with 1000..

In his/her mind they think.. Damn these comic book people got money like that???

Free STANDARD shipping - Priority w/insurance is extra.

:lol:

-slym

....NO DEAL!

Seller posts FOUR pictures and STILL can't get show the left front cover corner!??

That's it! I was SO ready to pull the trigger on this one but - no way. Who knows WHAT condition that left front cover corner looks like!?

As tempting as it is..... I'm just going to have to let this one slide by.

:)

Yeah, I think you're right. I have a feeling that most of the "destroyed" copies are at the apartment or in the car trunks of a lot of Hot Topic employees.

Yeah, this was TOTALLY what was intended by Marvel...for Hot Topic employees to prevent the books from getting into the hands of consumers at their "official" price.

meh

I'm sure 80% of the people on ebay that paid the high prices will be Returning them via Ebays new Ez Return system to get there money back.

Ebay for the sellers = Resistance is FUTILE accept the return or be assimilated into the negative feeback zone.

If the sellers are Hot Topic employees, I hope they return the hell out of them.

I think everyone here automatically assumes that all the Hot Topic employees know the value of this book, and that they all understand the comic market. Yes, I'm sure some of them do, but to assume that all these missing books are in the hands of HT employees is ridiculous. Besides, they will most likely be returned through ebay now that they aren't worth $1500 or whatever ridiculous price they were selling at.