• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

A store that caters to the market of 16-21 year olds and people that want to believe they are still 16-21 even though they are 38. They mostly sell clothes, but other accessories as well as the odd collectible (lke comics & this Funko bobbleheads.)

-slym

We've been getting $20-25 for New 52 Suicide Squad #1s steadily at shows. This past weekend we got $19 for a 9.0-9.2 copy. It's tough to keep them. #7 used to be a stronger seller, but lately the #1s are more sought after and #7s have cooled a bit, at least for us.

The print run is 3,000.

You're welcome.

Hot Topic is the US' largest purveyor of mass-market pop culture. They're the sole reason Johnny the Homicidal Maniac #1 has been reprinted 30+ times. They also have more than 700 stores across north america.

Thinking that they did a custom variant for a Star Wars comic book (when they already sell a ton of SW merch in their stores) with a print run that translates out to less than 5 copies pr. store is ridiculous in the extreme.

Thinking they would get more copies of Star Wars than My Little Pony comics doesn't make sense.

How many copies of My Little Pony did Hot Topic sell? Lots apparently:

http://www.comicsbeat.com/my-little-pony-leads-to-their-big-sales-for-idw-1-million-copies/

Edited by rjrjr

The print run is 3,000.

You're welcome.

Hot Topic is the US' largest purveyor of mass-market pop culture. They're the sole reason Johnny the Homicidal Maniac #1 has been reprinted 30+ times. They also have more than 700 stores across north america.

Thinking that they did a custom variant for a Star Wars comic book (when they already sell a ton of SW merch in their stores) with a print run that translates out to less than 5 copies pr. store is ridiculous in the extreme.

Thinking they would get more copies of Star Wars than My Little Pony comics doesn't make sense.

How many copies of My Little Pony did Hot Topic sell? Lots apparently:

http://www.comicsbeat.com/my-little-pony-leads-to-their-big-sales-for-idw-1-million-copies/

Uhh..... Hot Topic is not the only store that sells these..........

What do you guys think of the Inhumans (1998) #1 Dynamic Forces variant? Two slabbed at 9.8 went for $399 Best offer and $275. There are only 13 that have ben slabbed, a total of 8000 out there... Hot book or what?

That is just nuts.

Welcome to the boards!

What do you guys think of the Inhumans (1998) #1 Dynamic Forces variant? Two slabbed at 9.8 went for $399 Best offer and $275. There are only 13 that have ben slabbed, a total of 8000 out there... Hot book or what?

Sounds hot to me. WTTB ! :grin:

I've seen a bunch of posts where ppl are convinced that all these missing copies are being held onto by hot topic employees.

doesnt really matter, just pointing out a pointless subject.

So all this Hot Topic talk has ruled this thread over the last couple of days all because of a little old advertisement. Hmmmm I though Ads don't matter in this market?

:lol: That's a really astute observation.

Of course the modern variant obsession is quite different; I have no interest in it whatsoever.

There's an unfortunate aspect of our society that everyone dreams of striking gold or winning the lottery, and this explains the mass hysteria that takes place at moments like this.

Too much concern in this country over how much I can win, and not enough generosity.

So all this Hot Topic talk has ruled this thread over the last couple of days all because of a little old advertisement. Hmmmm I though Ads don't matter in this market?

Ads don't matter in regards to arguing over first appearances.

Ads very much do matter when they lead to a book being recalled.

Ads don't matter in regards to arguing over first appearances.

Ads very much do matter when they lead to a book being recalled.

It's the first appearance of the Grey Hulk in an ad on a star wars book!