• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,780 posts in this topic

Kind of baffling that a somewhat talented and pretty well known actor gets cast for a Marvel comic book character and the book gets no bump in price but an MMA fighter causes a book to temporarily jump from $1 to $50 and settle around $20.

Daredevil Redemption #1

Maybe because other than The Walking Dead, TV just doesn't seem to bump comic values the way movies do. (shrug)

Kind of baffling that a somewhat talented and pretty well known actor gets cast for a Marvel comic book character and the book gets no bump in price but an MMA fighter causes a book to temporarily jump from $1 to $50 and settle around $20.

Daredevil Redemption #1

Maybe if people weren't so cryptic with their posts on this forum...

Drea de Matteo

do people care about these limited tv appearances though?

Who said it was a limited appearance? I have a hard time thinking they would sign an actor like this for one or two shows.

Let me rephrase, how many characters appearing in the shield tv show have seen an uptick in demand for their first appearance in comics? This is a genuine question.

Daredevil Redemption #1

Drea de Matteo

Who said it was a limited appearance? I have a hard time thinking they would sign an actor like this for one or two shows.

Let me rephrase, how many characters appearing in the shield tv show have seen an uptick in demand for their first appearance in comics? This is a genuine question.

Deathlok for a hot minute?

Daredevil Redemption #1

Drea de Matteo

That does limit the amount some.

Mockingbird

Phil Coulson

Graviton

Those 3 come to mind. Of the 3 really Mockingbird is the only one that has really taken off of the top of my head.

Quake - daisy Johnson. The show really evolves around her and this season her books will continue to spike.

Daredevil Redemption #1

Drea de Matteo

Mockingbird

Phil Coulson

Graviton

Those 3 come to mind. Of the 3 really Mockingbird is the only one that has really taken off of the top of my head.

Mockingbird

Phil Coulson

Graviton

Quake - daisy Johnson. The show really evolves around her and this season her books will continue to spike.

Yep.

But a tough one to get in high grade with that all-black cover.

I pulled a beautiful tick-less copy out of a 50-cent bin a while back. Now they're going for $15-20+ :)

Wow, good prices. Haven't read it.

I sold 2 sets of 1 & 2 1st prints for 40 each set :facepalm:

I did the same thing, it's like "Last Of Us" all over again with the steady rise in prices, except that the people flipping Lady Killer are actually reading it and liking it

I can't give enough glowing praise about this book and I've said before that if Image put it out it's be the monster hit of the year, but it would also have 10 or 20 different covers and drive everyone nuts trying to track em all down.

If Dark Horse is smart, they'll announce a 2nd mini before the last issue ships, assuming that's in Joelle's plans. Sure hope so

Wow, good prices. Haven't read it.

I sold 2 sets of 1 & 2 1st prints for 40 each set :facepalm:

I did the same thing, it's like "Last Of Us" all over again with the steady rise in prices, except that the people flipping Lady Killer are actually reading it and liking it

I can't give enough glowing praise about this book and I've said before that if Image put it out it's be the monster hit of the year, but it would also have 10 or 20 different covers and drive everyone nuts trying to track em all down.

If Dark Horse is smart, they'll announce a 2nd mini before the last issue ships, assuming that's in Joelle's plans. Sure hope so

Its a cool little read, but I didnt take much else from it. I think female readers are all over it though, so i may have under-estimated

Mockingbird

Phil Coulson

Graviton

Yep.

But a tough one to get in high grade with that all-black cover.

I pulled a beautiful tick-less copy out of a 50-cent bin a while back. Now they're going for $15-20+ :)

I got lucky and found a high grade Secret War #2 1st printing at a local Vintage Stock store earlier today for just under $3.00. :banana:

Looking around locally, Descender cover B seems the one to watch. One retailer confessed that the way the ordering was done for this, they missed that they could order those. Around here they were all on short supply...

Brings to mind what happened with cover B of black science #2 and manifest destiny Ottley variants...

Looking around locally, Descender cover B seems the one to watch. One retailer confessed that the way the ordering was done for this, they missed that they could order those. Around here they were all on short supply...

Brings to mind what happened with cover B of black science #2 and manifest destiny Ottley variants...

I first saw an image of cover 1B two days before the order cut off date - I happened to drop in to my LCS the day of said cut off date. When the owner put the order in for me, he said it was the first time he'd seen it. He had made his initial order for the title before the time that 1B was ever listed.

So... I can see how many may have missed out on this cover.