• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

testament that a good cover is always king

Compared to the original cover, that is pretty badly drawn, quite a poor homage.

And I am not "emotionally involved": I do not read DCs… ;)

couldnt disagree more, but hey, thats art for ya right?

Clever concept with better light+shadow renderings on #58

Sketchier? yes, but sometimes less is more.. The central character, joker in this instance, sticks out more than deathstroke in #1, mainly due to the color scheme.

I prefer this to the Mike Zeck cover, and I am a HUGE Zeck fan

testament that a good cover is always king

Compared to the original cover, that is pretty badly drawn, quite a poor homage.

And I am not "emotionally involved": I do not read DCs… ;)

couldnt disagree more, but hey, thats art for ya right?

Clever concept with better light+shadow renderings on #58

Sketchier? yes, but sometimes less is more.. The central character, joker in this instance, sticks out more than deathstroke in #1, mainly due to the color scheme.

I prefer this to the Mike Zeck cover, and I am a HUGE Zeck fan

I mostly meant the styles have little to do with each other (and when you do such kind of homages they have to adhere to the original), although I still believe that the Deathstroke cover is drawn a lot better.

That Joker also, regardless if one likes this caricatural approach, has a big head, it makes it hardly recognizable for a casual reader which is not familiar with the original cover. But again, this is an "inside homage"… not for readers, I guess.

I dont know if batman 40 is bad as an art piece, its very Magnoila-esque.

It seems to me as if its more of a conceptual piece than an actual depiction of whats happening sequentially in the book. But in that regard, it does stick out of the norm. we'll only know after reading the book