• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Variants killing off every character in the upcoming book event.

You're welcome.

I believe you mean "Book Of Death", by VALIANT,

Variant....lol

But the best part, there will be a Retail Incentive Series, "Legends of the Geomancer" that you can only get based on "Book of Death Orders". Trying to "recreate the hype that was Harbinger #0 (1992)".

It's a combination of Valiant things... the original Harbinger #0 (Pink cover) was very exclusive... fewer than 4,000 redeemed with the coupons from Harbinger #1-#6.

So... there were fewer than 4,000 people who could read Harbinger #0 even though the print runs were well over 100,000 at the time.

Legends of the Geomancer could be as limited as Harbinger #0 Pink in terms of the number of people who can read it.

The "Book of Death" series (8 books total) is really an expansion of the original Rai #0 concept...

which gave us the "deaths" of all the major characters from 1992 to 4001.

It told how they would die, and when, and the results of major events in the universe.

Valiant is expanding that Rai #0 concept to 8 books... telling the future of Valiant including major character deaths.

They won't be "dead" in the sense that Valiant is "killing" their characters... their deaths are being foretold.

So, they are just expanding the storyline from Rai #0 and milking it for 8 issues instead of just 1? It will be curious to see how that plays out on the back issue market. I am still making a nice profit off of DoW sets at shows as they sell at $35 as fast as you put them out.

So, they are just expanding the storyline from Rai #0 and milking it for 8 issues instead of just 1? It will be curious to see how that plays out on the back issue market. I am still making a nice profit off of DoW sets at shows as they sell at $35 as fast as you put them out.

The're expanding the concept behind Rai #0 (1992) --- telling the future of the Valiant universe --- not expanding the actual Rai #0 storyline.

The stories could be completely new... potentially nothing like what happened in Rai #0.

I think they're saying that the death of X-O Manowar will have a full story (separate book), rather than a couple of panels, like it did in Rai #0.

Are they holding them back or are they not even aware of it being "hot"

I saw no Valiants on the major dealers wall books

I only found post unity in the cheap bins like normal and the only keys I picked up were two Rai 0s for $10 each

To echo Hector I saw 1 dealer with Valiant wall books -- a Harbinger #1 w/o coupons and creased/tore and a Harbinger #2 as well.

I found a box of Valiants at another dealer with everything "key" missing except for BS #7 (which is a stretch).

I wondered if there was a Valiant shortage at this show because:

1. No one brings them anymore

2. No one heard of the news

3. They were brought but picked by the time I got there (as in the case of the 1 long box)

Are they holding them back or are they not even aware of it being "hot"

I saw no Valiants on the major dealers wall books

I only found post unity in the cheap bins like normal and the only keys I picked up were two Rai 0s for $10 each

To echo Hector I saw 1 dealer with Valiant wall books -- a Harbinger #1 w/o coupons and creased/tore and a Harbinger #2 as well.

I found a box of Valiants at another dealer with everything "key" missing except for BS #7 (which is a stretch).

I wondered if there was a Valiant shortage at this show because:

1. No one brings them anymore

2. No one heard of the news

3. They were brought but picked by the time I got there (as in the case of the 1 long box)

For the past 15 years (before the Valiant investment and movie announcements), I was always told by dealers who had Valiant "back home" that Valiant doesn't pay for the space it takes up at a convention. Limited tables, limited boxes, and Valiant is 95% dollar books... bought by people who like Valiant.

If you're going to fill your tables with dollar books... you're better off with the big two (or three) publishers.

Valiant keys have been picked out of probably 95% of Valiant boxes. The remaining 5% probably don't realize they have anything good in there... or they still have 1993 prices on them. lol

And if you want a good laugh, Kot got his diaper all soiled because someone mentioned his name in conjunctions with a Chris Kyle sketch they did so of course the SJW is threatening legal action. Wow, if Marvel and Image are smart, they'll drop this loser and fast

All of my copies of ZERO are going under my cat's litter box today

The're expanding the concept behind Rai #0 (1992) --- telling the future of the Valiant universe --- not expanding the actual Rai #0 storyline.

The stories could be completely new... potentially nothing like what happened in Rai #0.

I think they're saying that the death of X-O Manowar will have a full story (separate book), rather than a couple of panels, like it did in Rai #0.

We will see how it goes. I can't believe how far a lot of the print runs have fallen on the Valiant relaunch. Hopefully the TV/movie exposure can help to pick them up a bit.