• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

:applause:

Me too. I've been buying all of the Superman Unchained #1 and #2 I could find and also got lucky and picked up a quite a few Batman/Superman #1 and #2 fairly cheap. I paid cover for everything else I've found but I think my reservoir has run dry.

Muhahahha

how many did you escape out of there with

My boss got four. Won't let me have them.

Andy has first dibs when I figure out what's going on.

Was able to pick up the black and white max riders on the floor. (Missed the diamond summit by twenty minutes) for $15 each.

Muhahahha

how many did you escape out of there with

My boss got four. Won't let me have them.

Andy has first dibs when I figure out what's going on.

Was able to pick up the black and white max riders on the floor. (Missed the diamond summit by twenty minutes) for $15 each.

:headbang: Sell me your coloring book pages! :headbang:

*ahem*

A cameo can be a first appearance!

That is all.

:)

-slym

Agreed. If that is the way someone appears the first time, that would be the first appearance. I think what is changing is that seems to always have been cameos and 1st appearances but now it seems we can add most valuable appearance which can be a 3rd appearance or even a 2nd print. 2c

*ahem*

A cameo can be a first appearance!

That is all.

:)

Agreed. If that is the way someone appears the first time, that would be the first appearance. I think what is changing is that seems to always have been cameos and 1st appearances but now it seems we can add most valuable appearance which can be a 3rd appearance or even a 2nd print. 2c

Agreed!

-slym

Also, I don't have the issue number, but Wizard actually directly addressed this in an article back in the day -- ie, why EW 4 was considered the 1st Bloodshot by the market despite being a cameo vs. most other instances where more value's put on the 1st full appearance.

If we're going with Wizard as a definitive source (I'm not saying that I do, but let's run with it for now), their top 10 books suggests that there was some inconsistency in what people were valuing more back in the day. Scans in the spoilers (because they're huge) are from issues 15, 16, 17, 2 from 18, and 2 from 19.

7pi5sAD.jpg

4WmNVqM.jpg

39ZggP8.jpg

xuB84KV.jpg

sgULOZq.jpg

OARMBEm.jpg

1QZjsvL.jpg

This seems consistent to me. Wizard always called EW # 4 the first appearance of Bloodshot, & hyped Rai 0 more for its significance to the broader Valiant universe as well as the intro of the "new Rai" who would headline Rai & the Future Force.

It does say once that the book "introduces Bloodshot" but that month still notes EW 4 as his "1st appearance."

Anyone figure out the print run on the Star Wars #1 Hot Topic variant?

I don't know if we'll ever know, but there does not seem to be a shortage of them. Over 20 auctions on eBay for them right now and this is months after this "rare" variant was "pulled and destroyed".

My guess, the "pull and destroy" probably knocked the number down some and it is still higher than the 3000 copies most of the variants had printed.

Variants killing off every character in the upcoming book event.

You're welcome.

I believe you mean "Book Of Death", by VALIANT,

Variant....lol

But the best part, there will be a Retail Incentive Series, "Legends of the Geomancer" that you can only get based on "Book of Death Orders". Trying to "recreate the hype that was Harbinger #0 (1992)".

Edited by UltraMaximus

Here's more info about Valiant's Books of Death: Legends of the Geomancer (from April 20th):

http://valiantcentral.com/valiant-announces-book-of-death-legends-of-the-geomancer-by-fred-van-lente-and-juan-jose-ryp/

Also, The incentive books will be a 1:25 for the first issue and 1:10 for issues 2-4. The series will be offered to retailers at a deep discount and will be be returnable.

Not so much hype as it is more of a way to get retailers to order Valiant books and get them in the hands of more potential readers at a low risk & investment.

Dan