• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,825 posts in this topic

So what is the best book to get for Kamala Khan? All new marvel now point one? Captain Marvel #17? Ms. Marvel #1? Did you know there are only 5 slabbed 1st prints of marvel now point one? 6 if you include the second print.

Yes.

Kamala Khan's got her fingers in everything, but there's plenty of boardies who are hoarding the ANMN Point Ones. It's the #17 2nds that are going for 300+ on eBay right now. And I guess the Adams (sketch) variant on Ms. Marvel #1.

I can't recall any other second prints that have gone this crazy lately, actually.

Its a very rare 2nd print situation. Its all about the cover. Yes there is a cameo on the last page and it does start her story . The first print is just a cameo but for some reason marvel put her first full image as Ms marvel and the first time anyone had seen her on the 2nd print cover. Significant for sure. hard to find in good shape, hard to find period ! This is, and will be the Kamala $ book !

Looks like Marvel has huge plans for Kamala , At some point all of her early appearances will appreciate.

Also a BUY IT NOW on eBay 9.8 CM172nd sold 3 days ago the asking price was 499.00 a offer was accepted. I think this was a board members book.

Book is hot as it gets and only 31 copies have been subbed and half of them are not 9.8 that's saying something about condition especially for a modern.

How many you got?

Edited by Fastballspecial

So what is the best book to get for Kamala Khan? All new marvel now point one? Captain Marvel #17? Ms. Marvel #1? Did you know there are only 5 slabbed 1st prints of marvel now point one? 6 if you include the second print.

Yes.

Kamala Khan's got her fingers in everything, but there's plenty of boardies who are hoarding the ANMN Point Ones. It's the #17 2nds that are going for 300+ on eBay right now. And I guess the Adams (sketch) variant on Ms. Marvel #1.

I can't recall any other second prints that have gone this crazy lately, actually.

Well, for that, theres AMNPO 1:75 variant.. I think those are harder to find than Ms Marvel 17 2nd.

btw, the 5 below lottery clearly affected sales This guy sold 6 ASM4 Ramos variants for $20-22 a pop. I sold mine the day Silk #1 hit the stands for 60.00 each and they sold within hours of listing.

That's been my experience too. I literally hit 12 different stores over a couple of weeks and only 2 of the stores ended up having good books. Half of the stores only had those other packs with pure drek left.

i think the amount of ANMPO found in Five Below stores has really been overstated....a few have shown up on the boards but i'd say the majority of people going to these stores aren't finding anything of real value including ANMPO. Certainly not a flood on the market. A few guys get lucky and buy a few packs is all i'm seeing.

Army Of Darkness 1992 Dark Horse #1-3 are selling for 40 a set. its probably worth mentioning that much like Star Wars, although the movie is not based on the comic, the comic came out prior to the movie.

There is a new TV coming out soon. Historically it's about $10-12 an issue.

Edited by ygogolak

Army Of Darkness 1992 Dark Horse #1-3 are selling for 40 a set. its probably worth mentioning that much like Star Wars, although the movie is not based on the comic, the comic came out prior to the movie.

There is a new TV coming out soon. Historically it's about $10-12 an issue.

Not at the same frequency as now. Its not always about the price, its about how quick you could move them at that price

Five Below packs seem to be drying up, at least in my area. Went to three Five Below stores today (what can I say, it was my day off!), at one of them, all the packs had been rifled through already and there were no good books in them and the other stores had no packs in one case and only three packs in the other.

A week later (today) I stopped at the nearest Five Below, looks like they re-stocked, but only a few packs. I bought four packs all with the same books, all contained ASM #4 Ramos variant. I was pretty happy! :headbang:

I still don't know about Outcast long term... Wasn't the initial print run for #1, like 1 billion?

Then again, NM #98 isn't doing too bad right now so I dunno...