• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,822 posts in this topic

Spectre 54 prices have now doubled with MCS wanted $80+ just for VF-. Just for the record I have no copies left, but it is a tough book to find.

I just don't see how MCS can justify those type of prices for not even NM copies. They don't even have a track record of sales anywhere near it.

All of those copies are on consignment. The sellers can charge what they want. MCS is not setting the prices.

Spectre 54 prices have now doubled with MCS wanted $80+ just for VF-. Just for the record I have no copies left, but it is a tough book to find.

I just don't see how MCS can justify those type of prices for not even NM copies. They don't even have a track record of sales anywhere near it.

All of those copies are on consignment. The sellers can charge what they want. MCS is not setting the prices.

Ah my fault I didn't bother to look that. :kidaround:

Ah my fault I didn't bother to look that. :kidaround:

Not a problem. I've done the same thing before. (thumbs u

Along this line of thought what are the traits that people feel create the perfect storm of desirability as far as speculating on new comics. Here is what I came up with:

1. New Story/Character(s) Introduced (No reboots or established characters getting own series)

2. Highly Regarded Writer/Creative Team

3. Ongoing Title (Not limited)

4. Zero or very few variants.

5. Low Print Run.

Any others come to mind? (shrug)

Along this line of thought what are the traits that people feel create the perfect storm of desirability as far as speculating on new comics. Here is what I came up with:

1. New Story/Character(s) Introduced (No reboots or established characters getting own series)

5. Low Print Run.

TV Show / Movie buzz

5. Low Print Run.

TV Show / Movie buzz

Good one. I think I would slide that in at number 3.

5. Low Print Run.

TV Show / Movie buzz

Good one. I think I would slide that in at number 3.

The little sister and grandma test.

If your little sister and grandma have both heard of the character... it (actually) matters.

Spectre 54 is going to drive some people nuts finding it. Its already well valued, but should see an increase now.

I spent years looking for the book just for fun(I liked him in JSA) and only found 2 copies. No variants, just a low print run. Good luck.

I had found three in one shop and sold two several months back. Kind of regret doing it now.

5. Low Print Run.

If you're suggesting a "perfect storm," that suggest to me you want all of these things together. But you're unlikely to get #5 if #2 is already the case. Your best bet is recognizing that the team has talent which the collecting community hasn't fully recognized yet.

Given the criteria, Outcast by Kirkman and Azaceta is one recent book that comes closest to filling the criteria.