• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,778 posts in this topic

Do you guys think batman 666 will start to heat up a bit?

is there something happening with it?

Sold copies have gone from $5.00 to $25.00. Current BIN are available from $20-$100 with some cheap slabs,

This book has been listed at $20 for a while though. Auctions may not have been selling for that much, but stores and online retailers ask that much because it is also the first Damien Wayne as Batman and Professor Pyg who you might remember from Batman Eternal.

Its always been this way to a certain extent. It seems more prevelant I think because the print runs on books are down the last few years.

That and we still think that everyone else cares about NM or better copies like we do.

Exactly. The vast vast majority of the hobby are just looking for the comic to read.

I’m not saying it is heating up, or that it will, but it should.

Check out Donald Duck #5, the regular cover.

After 46 years (my own age) the first apperance and origin of Paperinik (the Duck Avenger) is presented for the first time to the english-speaking population (and in USA). ;)

Reference: http://coa.inducks.org/story.php?c=I+TL++706-AP

RuPyCpYh.jpg

So, the 2nd print will be hyped as the First "2nd Print" for a Scooby Doo Title...

:facepalm:

And if the 2nd print has a lower print run, it will be "First 2nd Print Scooby. Rarest Harley"

lol

I can't wait for the numbers to see if this is all hype. I think anything over 10,000 is going to be a disappointment.

Batman '66 went from 13,653 copies sold to 17,001 copies sold earlier this year when the '66 version of Harley Quinn graced the cover (all sales numbers from comichron.com).

Scooby Doo Team-Up #11 had sales of 6,809 copies. SDTU #12 had more hype and cartoon Harley, so I would guess it outdid the 3348 copy bump that Batman '66 #25 had. At least two comic book stores in Ontario, Canada went 100 copies deep on SDTU #12. So I'm fully expecting a print run over 10,000 copies. I would estimate the print run was around 12,000 copies.

A 15,000+ print run would be a disappointment to me.

I talked to my LCS owner earlier today, he told me that SDTU #12 had a print run of 7000.

I asked if he was sure of that and he said he was.

I stil think it's a BS book.

But If I was savvy enough to get a copy graded onsite at Baltimore at 9.8, I'd put it up on ebay for at 200-300% of the last sales on GPA, I think it'd sell quickly. (Only sales so far are $100,$87 and $80).

There's a Capt Marvel 17 2nd print...a CGC 9.6...the 1st K.K. app., based on the cover alone, which is at $250+ in auction now....while there are CGC 9.8's of the non variant (which she still appears in, if I'm not mistaken, sitting at $90 BIN.

People who buy super hot book moderns are suckers.

This of course is not good for the long term health of the hobby but what can you do?

I paid something like $30 for a Ghost Rider #1 (the 90's revamp run) , back in the early 90's right when I was getting back into comics andwas suckered in by hot books....by the time I started selling shows at cons 2 years later, I had the book in my $2 boxes.

Live and learn....or sometimes, you don't.

death of Darkseid

hm

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

He did the same thing in Final Crisis...... He's gonna come back around.

I like Geoff's take on the story, he has a nack for making boring characters interesting and interesting characters more interesting.

I talked to my LCS owner earlier today, he told me that SDTU #12 had a print run of 7000.

I asked if he was sure of that and he said he was.

Except there's no where he could've gotten that information. He has no proof.

I normally order 2 copies of Scooby Do TU for my store, I ordered 12 of #12. I'm certainly not the only person who upped their order on it.

I'm also thinking it's going to be in the 10-12,000 range. At least.